Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Terrace of Endless Spring too easy?

Anyone else think that ToES was easy and a bit disappointing compared to HoF? even on normal mode? we wiped quite a few times on the final 3 boss's of HoF, yet we went into ToES today totally unprepared and downed everything within a few hours with no trouble at all.

Maybe im just looking at it all wrong, thinkin that ToES was going to be harder than HoF because it got released later than HoF, but i guess it is the same "teir".

Can see each of the fights being really interesting come heroic tho!

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's normal mode, I don't see the problem with it being ''easy'' if it was harder you would have like 999999999 people complain like they did to Galron on the whole OMG HIS ENRAGE OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG ok sorry

Anyway normal is meant to be ez

Terrace of Endless Spring was supposed to be released simultaneously with Heart of Fear. In fact, it was originally planned to be released together with Mogushan Vaults.

2 additional weeks of gear can make a huge difference. Additionally, the developers might had learned a thing or two after the recent Heart of Fear complaints.

The gear is basically the issue. It's the same ilvl as heart of fear, so all those weaks farming MSV and then HoF before doing something tuned the same as HoF... made it a lot easier.

That said, we one shot the Protectors in the "elite" order, took 3 attempts to do the next two bosses, and took about 7 attempts to do Sha. None of them are difficult at all in terms of mechanics.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, "elite mode" was certainly dissapointing, absolutely trivial for rewards that are basically heroic msv level.

Tsulong had pretty nice idea, but, well, the tuning really feels off. I was expecting Sunbeams to be limiting factor, but no such thing - was able to easily cleanse debuffs and barely have it shrink. Healing phase was pretty easy too, so... well, not much happening. Dispel the boss, kill the adds.

Lei-Shi? Seriously, cut the number of shields and give the poor thing some actual abilities? Hell, with some class stacking, it could probably be possible to skip through 'phases' entirely.

Sha... dissapointing. Long as hell, but not really much happening there. Maybe 10 man is more interesting with people getting ported constantly, but 25 was horribly boring in that aspect. With some "bad" (good?) luck, one can stay there for half of the fight before finally getting on platform - which is somewhat more engaging.

Overall? Pretty dissapointing, both number and skill wise. Yeah, sure, normal mode, blah blah. But bosses at this level should have more than 2 skills and tank swap mechanics.

It feels like someone forgot that accessing Terrace requires Heart of Fear clear - so, plenty of 496 already. As such, it should be tuned higher, but it isn't.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-11-16 at 01:45 AM.

Deleted
    1. People have a lot of gear by now. Total 6 or even 7 resets of MSV + 2 HOF + this reset LFR HOF dropping tiers. Raiders doing TES have ilvls over 490 and instance is just 496. Compare that to 470 vs 489 in MSV and maybe 475-80 vs 496 on HOF first week. I have ilvl 487 and I just cleared MV normal 4 times and downed two bosses in HOF. Im fully decked in 489+ epics apart from weapon which refuses to drop and DMC trinket which is 476 but its ilvl is irrelevant to its power.
    2. People doing it are attuned from normal HOF. Not that many guilds downed Empress for now, HOF is far harder than MSV as on my realms most guilds beaten 2-3 bosses while doing some HMs in MSV as well.
    3. Instances are same ilvl, intended to be equally difficult tbh
    4. Normal mode is normal.

Deleted
    We also did elite mode thinkin we'd prob wipe for an hour then just go normal mode.. elite mode felt like a normal encounter in all honesty, so normal mode must be rly faceroll.

I know we've had 2 weeks more of gear, but it just felt a lot easier than HoF overall, was no hard enrages to deal with or any thing

And yes i know its only normal mode, but stuff like elegon, garalon, and the last 3 boss's of HoF were pretty hard for "normal modes"

Deleted
    It hasn't even begun yet?

HC opens this wednesday

10+ Year Old Account
    It's normal mode, it's supposed to be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Normal should be just that...normal. somewhat challenging(Moderately) Heroic should be super challenging
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    It's normal mode, it's supposed to be easy.
    No, that's LFR. Also, since it requires you to kill Empress first, it should be higher in progression and difficulty than Heart of Fear. It isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    No, that's LFR. Also, since it requires you to kill Empress first, it should be higher in progression and difficulty than Heart of Fear. It isn't.
    The only reason Empress kill is required is because of the lore.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy View Post
    The only reason Empress kill is required is because of the lore.
    Lore or not, this means you have at least 6 bosses worth of items before entering the Terrace. As such, it should be tuned higher and it really isn't. Sure I wasn't expecting 6 minute Garalon, but come on. The "elite mode" is a joke, Lei Shi has 2 abilities, and Sha is just horribly long while doing very little.

Tsulong is the only one that feels he actually has some things happening, what with two phases with separate abilities. 'Course, it still turns out there's not really that much to do, but it seems decent... ish.

Edit: Hell, it feels like Lei-Shi trash are more dangerous than her.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2012-11-16 at 03:22 AM.

If normal mode isn't easy to pro players, then there's something wrong with it.

Heroic mode = where it's at, but we still don't know how that'll turn out.

People are so clueless saying normal modes should be easy, that's not even the issue here. Should it be significantly easier than HoF? No. The 2 weeks of HoF gear doesn't make up for the fact that you can basically ignore half of the bosses mechanics, of which there are very few to begin with.

Deleted
    I'd expect the instance to be slighly easier than HoF normal because of the 2 extra weeks of gearing, but that isn't the case.

Protectors on elite mode is a joke. Almost no tactics involved, just high damage at the end, which is perfectly manageable.

Tsulong I felt was the most well tuned encounter in there. We cut the enrage fairly close and overall just felt like the best fight in there difficulty and mechanics wise.

Lei shi is a joke. The only remotely challenging aspect of this is CCing the adds quickly cos they do a lot of damage, and that is trivial even still.

And sha, ridiculously long fight with next to no mechanics, really dissapointing for an end boss, even on normal mode. Seems tuned enough, just boring as hell.

Sha might be tuned enough for the dps, but we were 2 healing it and I was just smiting 80%+ of the time. You get unlimited mana from the platform orbs, you'd think they would make you spend it somewhere, but nope, if you just avoid the missiles there's literally no damage to heal on the Sha platform except the mild tank damage.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps HoF normal was overtuned then? I don't see why normal difficulty is an issue at all. It's normal mode, aslong as you can communicate and you're not braindead, it should die fairly fast. Most fight just take time cause there are certain elements to get used to, ie garalon kiting/switching, ambershape abilities and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    The gear is basically the issue. It's the same ilvl as heart of fear, so all those weaks farming MSV and then HoF before doing something tuned the same as HoF... made it a lot easier.

That said, we one shot the Protectors in the "elite" order, took 3 attempts to do the next two bosses, and took about 7 attempts to do Sha. None of them are difficult at all in terms of mechanics.
    This. We 1 shot Protectors on Elite, cpl attempts each on the next two, like 3 on Sha? This was with no beta, no watching vids, no reading anything but journal and using common sense. The 3rd boss adds hit like a truck though.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Lore or not, this means you have at least 6 bosses worth of items before entering the Terrace. As such, it should be tuned higher and it really isn't. Sure I wasn't expecting 6 minute Garalon, but come on. The "elite mode" is a joke, Lei Shi has 2 abilities, and Sha is just horribly long while doing very little.

Tsulong is the only one that feels he actually has some things happening, what with two phases with separate abilities. 'Course, it still turns out there's not really that much to do, but it seems decent... ish.

Edit: Hell, it feels like Lei-Shi trash are more dangerous than her.
    You know that terrace was meant to be released along with HoF right? That's why its the same ilvl.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno