Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've specifically mentioned that my results were for DW Frost. For 2h Frost, yes: Runic Empowerment is likely better or at least very close to Blood Tap.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

For DW, what's the best way to keep an Unholy rune on cooldown? I'm currently doing D&D > OB if no KM > Plague Strike if Blood Plague about to expire > OB with KM. My goal is to never have 2 Unholy runes up, and to waste the least number KM procs and Frost / Death runes on OB while doing so.

I usually save my BT for when I immediately need the rune, like to HB for RP to FS when KM procs.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    For DW, what's the best way to keep an Unholy rune on cooldown? I'm currently doing D&D > OB if no KM > Plague Strike if Blood Plague about to expire > OB with KM. My goal is to never have 2 Unholy runes up, and to waste the least number KM procs and Frost / Death runes on OB while doing so.

I usually save my BT for when I immediately need the rune, like to HB for RP to FS when KM procs.
    On pure single target, Obliterate is worth using over a DnD/HB combo- we simmed it out to make sure.
    Any additional target and/or movement immediately skews that balance in favour of HB/DnD.

Also, while KM FS is obviously more preferable over KM OB, do not hold back KM procs just for the sake of building up the necessary RP, use the proc before it's overwritten.

Euliat's already explained why this is the way to play.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?

Quick question - thinking about a little switch. DW I understand the ability priority but for unholy runes just keep one or two on CD? From what I gather, just 1 because you can "game" RE and BT into doing death or frost?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

The reason you "gamed" Unholy runes with Runic Empowerment was to force Death and Frost runes to proc and grant more Howling Blasts.

With the way BT works, you do the reverse: If all runes are on CD, Blood Tap will currently ALWAYS return an Unholy rune as a Death Rune before going back to a F/D rune, meaning more HBs per rune cycle.
    Therefore, you have strong incentive to ensure both Unholy runes are on CD as often as possible. It also goes without saying that spending more runes (instead of holding them back) = More RP = More Frost Strikes = More BT procs.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

i'm new to master frost and I was wondering if I use howling blast instead of oblit? if so, when should I use obliterate?

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman