Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    people are not bothering to read the prev posts and are repeating things, that have been said or already countered.
    This guy gets it.

  2. #62
    This argument is silly... Go by real world logic and stuffs huh? Okay! There is no such thing as flinging fireballs or magic, so magi don't exist... Paladins have no holy magic... and last time I checked, you cannot resurrect the dead, so deathknights are out as-well. No one can go invisible, so rogues can be seen anywhere there are not bushes and crap to hid behind. Look at the guns in wow... the vast majority of them are something akin to muskets and are not semi or automatic, so check out how long it takes to reload such guns. Hm, priest... they only touch little boys and yell about how their god is right, so I don't see them having a use. Druids? They don't exist... well, I lied... the hippy tree huggers are druggies and only thing they can turn into bears, so they are useless too. Shaman? hmm... Water guns I suppose? Lighters? Warlocks? See mage. Real world logic applied, warriors seem like the best units to be completely honest.

    The flaw in this argument is, people are taking everything away from the warrior and allowing the other classes to keep their illogical functions. You cannot say that magi were created to fling fire and the warrior cannot heroic leap or charge. It doesn't make sense in the real world for the warrior to leap 15-20 yards, I see that... Neither is flinging a fireball lol. It makes an unfair discussion to only apply logic to one class to a greater extent than the others. If you apply real world logic, nothing exists but Rogues, Warriors, Hunters... and I guess if you want to say Paladins as well... But they are no different than Warriors. I suppose you could say that goblins and gnomes have created Subs and Airships, that they could make machine guns that are portable... but well, they haven't. So, in the end... Warriors are completely viable. Stop hatin because you are getting wrecked this season by them with their blanket silences and cooldown stacking lol.

  3. #63
    Immortal Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    7,014
    Logic doesn't fit into a fantasy universe.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Logic doesn't fit into a fantasy universe.
    Completely unfounded and untrue.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    The flaw in this argument is, people are taking everything away from the warrior and allowing the other classes to keep their illogical functions. You cannot say that magi were created to fling fire and the warrior cannot heroic leap or charge. It doesn't make sense in the real world for the warrior to leap 15-20 yards, I see that... Neither is flinging a fireball lol. It makes an unfair discussion to only apply logic to one class to a greater extent than the others. If you apply real world logic, nothing exists but Rogues, Warriors, Hunters... and I guess if you want to say Paladins as well... But they are no different than Warriors. I suppose you could say that goblins and gnomes have created Subs and Airships, that they could make machine guns that are portable... but well, they haven't. So, in the end... Warriors are completely viable. Stop hatin because you are getting wrecked this season by them with their blanket silences and cooldown stacking lol.
    Actually you can, you simply don't understand the meaning of "use real world logic." A warrior is never going to be able to charge at lightning fast speeds or jump ten feet into the air while wearing a full suit of plate armor. To say that because a mage can fling a fireball in a fantasy world means that a warrior can defy physics is rather silly. Magic has always defied physics... but warriors don't use magic and the laws of physics are still in effect the same way they are in the real world.

    The idea of using "real world logic" is to rid classes of the abilities that are in the game for the sake of gameplay and are not a good indication of how the class would perform within lore. A well-trained mage will probably specialize in one branch of the arcane arts, but they will know a good deal of the other trees as well due to their education. A rogue isn't going to be able to disappear in a ray of sunshine or at a moment's notice... They have to keep to the shadows and actually be stealthy. A hunter shouldn't always need a pet in order to be most effective, unlike in game. A warrior covered in 50-100 pounds of plate armor isn't going to be able to move fast and will not have the maneuverability that their in-game tools provide. That's what using "real world logic" means.

  5. #65
    Reply to OP:
    Probably for the same reason we do, sometimes shit gets real and up in your face.

  6. #66
    Because warriors are OP in PVP

  7. #67
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Cuthroat Alley, Stormwind
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    how can a gnome over power any other race
    Because warriors are ridiculous this patch
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Logic doesn't fit into a fantasy universe.
    In real history melee was used along with guns for hundreds of years. Only recently with the invention of automatic wepons has hand to hand combat been mostly a last choice method of fighting.

  9. #69
    Warchief Kivimetsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A fascistic nightmare...
    Posts
    2,249
    Even through the enlightenment period, melee was still a key component of warfare. For example, the Swedes and Russians were still using Pike formations in the 18th century. Australians were also using Pike formations at the Eureka Stockade (our mini revolution which never got off the ground) in the 19th century.
    Even in the 20th century, melee was still used commonly, especially WWI & II, and hell even the British had a bayonet charge in the Falklands War.

    Never underestimate melee.

    Also I can see melee coming back in the middle of the 21st century as we start making extremely powerful armored suits. If you can close in on an opponent faster than he can shoot (jet packs + extremely powerful armor + a lance = unstoppable urban warfare) then hes good enough dead.

  10. #70
    Warriors have plate armor and magic defensive skills so guns don't do that much damage. Melee weapons are more effective.

  11. #71
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,414
    Basic firearms were around in the 1500s but people still used blades. Don't forget that Azeroth is a place of strong traditions too. Many warriors in lore can easily kill a hunter.

  12. #72
    Stood in the Fire Number Eighteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Constructing additional pylons.
    Posts
    492
    Guns in Warcraft aren't as accurate as you might think. In addition, to make fast reloading possible - you'd walk around with a flak cannon, so to speak because it requires a lot of space for all the mechanisms.

    In addition, in the TBC cinematic you can see an Orc requiring like..4 arrows before he drops dead. Imagine a gun doing that, wouldn't be much of a difference. Now try stabbing the Orc in the same area with a sword or splitting his head in two with an axe. Much more effective, no?

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    It's more like 21 feet, and is heavily dependent on the skill of the person who has the gun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill (the fact that it's a drill implies it's within reasonable limits to overcome, if not the drill would be pointless)
    Mythbusters checked it out aswell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzeyO3pGzw

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by splifone View Post
    since firearms are invented already on Azeroth, why do the horde and alliance militaries train their warriors in melee combat when they can just train them in firearms.?
    better question would be: why DO they train warriors after all? they have mages...

  15. #75
    Fluffy Kitten Aurora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    1,220
    In most fantasy worlds guns are amongst the weakest weapons presumably because magic resistance and bodies that heal abnormally fast sort of negate the effect of a bullet.

  16. #76
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    better question would be: why DO they train warriors after all? they have mages...
    .... Lol. You do know that magi will grow tired more quickly than warriors? Put it this way: If you had an army of magi at your disposal, and the enemy you were going up against had a mix of ranged fighters (hunters and such, using muskets/guns, whatever), warriors and magi, who do you think would win?
    Your army of magi would tire quickly casting spells, and soon you'd be left with nothing but a bunch of robe-wearing dozers. Next thing you know, you'd have the guns blowing up in your face and warriors cutting through your magi.
    ^_^

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    .... Lol. You do know that magi will grow tired more quickly than warriors? Put it this way: If you had an army of magi at your disposal, and the enemy you were going up against had a mix of ranged fighters (hunters and such, using muskets/guns, whatever), warriors and magi, who do you think would win?
    Your army of magi would tire quickly casting spells, and soon you'd be left with nothing but a bunch of robe-wearing dozers. Next thing you know, you'd have the guns blowing up in your face and warriors cutting through your magi.
    ^_^
    That's not true at all. Magic is the most powerful weapon of war in the Warcraft universe. An army full of magi and warlocks would destroy a more conventional army of the same size. The issue with having an all-caster army isn't fatigue... it's numbers. Magi are fairly rare for the majority of races, the big exceptions being quel'dorei / sin'dorei and kaldorei (if you're talking druids and priests). It simply isn't realistic to have an army completely composed of casters because it would be much smaller than a conventional army and THAT's why they would lose.

  18. #78
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    .... Lol. You do know that magi will grow tired more quickly than warriors? Put it this way: If you had an army of magi at your disposal, and the enemy you were going up against had a mix of ranged fighters (hunters and such, using muskets/guns, whatever), warriors and magi, who do you think would win?
    Your army of magi would tire quickly casting spells, and soon you'd be left with nothing but a bunch of robe-wearing dozers. Next thing you know, you'd have the guns blowing up in your face and warriors cutting through your magi.
    ^_^
    Where in the world did you get the idea that magi grow tired quickly? I'd say the warriors would get tired faster since they're usually wearing hundred pound plate armor and swords the size of stop signs. The hunters and rangers would be demolished by meteors and giant shards of ice while the mages would have wards and shields deflecting the bullets.

  19. #79
    Mechagnome xMexyragosX's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Between a rock and a hard place
    Posts
    695
    Warriors are normally trained to be able to deal with the weight of the armor, else they wouldn't be wearing it in the first place....
    Not saying they don't get tired. They will. Everyone would. And yes, magi would get tired quickly. Spellcasting uses up more energy than you might think.

  20. #80
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,559
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    Warriors are normally trained to be able to deal with the weight of the armor, else they wouldn't be wearing it in the first place....
    Not saying they don't get tired. They will. Everyone would. And yes, magi would get tired quickly. Spellcasting uses up more energy than you might think.
    Mages would train to be able to use magic longer too. Find a quote saying that mages would tire faster and I'll believe you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •