Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cause my sword is bigger than your gun. Ashkandi, Greatsword of the Brotherhood
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

it's because Obama made a video game time machine and nerfed all guns.

how can a gnome over power any other race

Lol. One shot, ten second reload (unless your fast). Dodge it, and BAM: you've got the advantage.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    Logic. In this game, there is none.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    They can't as easy as in game, because what you are discussing is a gameplay issue, not a lore issue. They cannot overpower people (as easy) in lore.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's an easy one, really.
    Just think about it, you are a commander of a ranged unit facing an army of melee warriors, paladins and whatnot.
    As they charge in you shoot and make a dent on their numbers, but unlike "The Last Samurai" this guys are covered from head to toe in magical steel and enchanted weapons, there's just so much you can do.
    Once they reach your army of shooters, you're totally screwed.
    Not to mention that on a war there's also spellcasters of all kinds, healers and such.
    This is a fantasy setting dude, you may have magic bullets that explode but your enemy have shields that are bigger than a tauren!

Deleted
    If i had the choice between being an 8ft tall uber human with 2inch thick enchanted steel ( think modern Kevlar+ceramic composite + some massively fire retardant ) with a 4 foot long sword made from some insane metal that weighs barely anything and never dulls/shatters etc or...

some guy in a leather /chain mail top with a musket.

I would be the top one every god dam time.

There is your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    They can't as easy as in game, because what you are discussing is a gameplay issue, not a lore issue. They cannot overpower people (as easy) in lore.
    They can though, because in Lore the majority of gnomes are either brilliant inventors or powerful spellcasters who augment their lack of body strength through other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    They can though, because in Lore the majority of gnomes are either brilliant inventors or powerful spellcasters who augment their lack of body strength through other means.
    ... Isn't that the point?
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't question the logic of a game that sends you dragons in the mailbox.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Because they haven't discovered Rifling yet. Also most WoW guns have hexagonal barrels and shoot cylindrical bullets and the ones that actually do have cylindrical barrels typically have an insanely large opening for the bullet size.

Check every gun in the game and try to prove me wrong. With the abundance of magic in WoW its much easier to just slap an enchant on a gun then to spend several years trying to get a gun to shoot better and more accurate.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    are you aware of the 27 foot principle?

it describes how a person with a knife has the upper hand on a person with a gun inside 27 feet, providing the person with the gun does not have it drawn.
    Googling "27 foot principle" gives me this thread, right here, as the #1 match. And nothing else relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    are you aware of the 27 foot principle?

it describes how a person with a knife has the upper hand on a person with a gun inside 27 feet, providing the person with the gun does not have it drawn.

now take the fact that guns in WoW only shoot 30 yards, and melee guys can either charge you from that distance or can walk up to you without you seeing them, and you will begin to realize why they dont train everyone to only use guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morsker View Post
    Googling "27 foot principle" gives me this thread, right here, as the #1 match. And nothing else relevant.

It's more like 21 feet, and is heavily dependent on the skill of the person who has the gun. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tueller_Drill (the fact that it's a drill implies it's within reasonable limits to overcome, if not the drill would be pointless)
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-11-16 at 08:11 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Don't question the logic of a game that sends you dragons in the mailbox.
    True story mate.
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    H...how did I just pull a giant 3-passenger Mammoth out of my backpack...?

In a fantasy game, the rules need not to make sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightguard View Post
    Also this reason here..pretty sure every bit of armor is mostly thick and tough.
    If it is green color or better it does in fact have magical enhancements!

Melee combat did not immediately get abolished in all situations when firearms were invented. Not to mention, of course, [standard it-is-fantasy argument here].

Fantasy can, in technical terms, be anything you can think of. WoW is a perfect example (I don't play the game anymore, but I only just quit late August last year). Still on just about average-Fantasy level, but with some crazy, out-of-this-world stuff to make it unique, XD. I mean, crazy gnomes running around wielding blunderbusses? Highly unlikely.
    Back to the subject: Both melee and ranged have advantages/disadvantages. I prefer ranged (bow/crossbow style, screw the guns! ;P) but I also enjoy the sneaky melee type (rogues, assassins... I play Skyrim, and my main character is an assassin with high levels in Sneak, One-handed and Archery). So, in reality, they're all acceptable for certain occasions. ;D
    Pyromaniac protégé.