Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Why would you keep rezzing for 2 hours and allow yourself to be camped? Go and do something better with your time.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I play on a PVP server, so I'm used to getting ganked and ganking others. However, after CRZ zones were introduced, all that's happening is that I and others are getting respawn camped by a bunch of level 90 shitheads.

    I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...

    I have spent the last 2 hours being spawn camped. I literally cannot respawn without being one shot by this cunt rogue who has been here for fucking two hours.

    Seriously, I can't blame the kids who are botting their way to 90. Don't blame them at all. This isn't fun.
    You do realize that this sort of thing happens all the time and especially did back during BC/Wrath when the servers were ridiculously full. CRZ just brings it back, I'm fine with it. It seems like people who weren't around during those days and started much later are the ones complaining. Hey, now you get a taste of nostalgia. :P

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Anklebiters View Post
    kind of mentality that ruins games. you know its griefs people and had it done to yourself, yet you continue to do it to others.
    bad way to do business on blizzards part, they wanna keep new players n bring more people to the game. what would be the point if they start on a pvp server not knowing the difference between them and keep getting ganked the whole time while lvling. would make me leave the game if i was new
    I'm sorry, the mentality that you want to engage in world pvp on a server specifically designed for it is somehow a wrong mentality?

    Do you even remember what it was like to play vanilla WoW?

    Part of an open world PVP MMO is that there is active PVP in an open world. Is this concept hard to understand?

    And the fact that you think new people who don't read what type of server they are picking should somehow be catered to above the existing playerbase is laughable.

    Bottom line: PVP server is for PVP (including ganking) - if it wasn't, Blizzard would just not let you attack players more than 5 levels below you and vice versa.

    CRZ is annoying in terms of node competition, but this is within Blizzards design for the game. Everything else is similarly working as intended.
    My Paladin's Armory
    My Hunter's Armory
    These links are now broken. Ask Blizzard why.

  4. #44
    Banned This name sucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    A basement in Canada
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Trilicity View Post
    inb4 stupid admin darsithis closes this because "its not constructive"
    I agree, too bad you're going to get banned for it.

  5. #45
    Legendary! Luko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Danger Zone
    Posts
    6,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Anklebiters View Post
    kind of mentality that ruins games. you know its griefs people and had it done to yourself, yet you continue to do it to others.
    bad way to do business on blizzards part, they wanna keep new players n bring more people to the game. what would be the point if they start on a pvp server not knowing the difference between them and keep getting ganked the whole time while lvling. would make me leave the game if i was new
    I... actually have no idea what you're talking about here. I'm sincerely trying to. The only main difference between the realms is that in a contested area, one is always flagged on a PVP server. That's it. Why on earth would someone roll on one of these servers if they didn't want to be ready to pvp 100% of the time?

    Yes, it sucks that people will grief the shit out of lowbies (This would be the entire reason I dont play on a pvp server) but you knew what you were signing up for when you signed up for it. 8 years later, how are you not ready for that? Have you SEEN the community we play with?

    Innocence and ignorance are two massively different things.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

    Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Anklebiters View Post
    Crz is another blizzard design to get you to spend you're money to transfer to a pve realm. half these tards say the same shit, you rolled on a pvp realm deal with it. 900 lvl 90s camping blasted lands killing lvl 50s isnt pvp. idont even see fun in constanly killing some one that cant defend themselfs, if people wanted to pvp that badly join a bg.
    Technically, camping is considered griefing. If you literally are getting spawn killed for say, 5 minutes+, I'd definitely submit a ticket. For good measure (for chatlog purposes) I'd say something everything in /General each time you're killed so the GM's can have time-frames to look through logs.

    I'm not against PvP, hell that's why it's a PvP, it's nothing more than a mass-populated server. It's how your server would be if it had a much higher population, but I'd love to see griefers get banned for doing that shit. There's a HUGE difference between PvP and spawn camping someone for 5+ minutes.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    Doesn't make a difference. PvP servers have always had the potential side effect of being corpse camped on. If you want to bitch and moan there are plenty of PvE realms to reroll on.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Anklebiters View Post
    Crz is another blizzard design to get you to spend you're money to transfer to a pve realm. half these tards say the same shit, you rolled on a pvp realm deal with it. 900 lvl 90s camping blasted lands killing lvl 50s isnt pvp. idont even see fun in constanly killing some one that cant defend themselfs, if people wanted to pvp that badly join a bg.
    But... you can CRZ onto a PVE realm.

    Where's your "blizz wants you to transfer" argument now?

  9. #49
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Technically, camping is considered griefing. If you literally are getting spawn killed for say, 5 minutes+, I'd definitely submit a ticket. For good measure (for chatlog purposes) I'd say something everything in /General each time you're killed so the GM's can have time-frames to look through logs.

    I'm not against PvP, hell that's why it's a PvP, it's nothing more than a mass-populated server. It's how your server would be if it had a much higher population, but I'd love to see griefers get banned for doing that shit. There's a HUGE difference between PvP and spawn camping someone for 5+ minutes.
    Can i ask a question, what if they attacked me first so i get revenge by camping them for an hour plus?
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    I... actually have no idea what you're talking about here. I'm sincerely trying to. The only main difference between the realms is that in a contested area, one is always flagged on a PVP server. That's it. Why on earth would someone roll on one of these servers if they didn't want to be ready to pvp 100% of the time?

    Yes, it sucks that people will grief the shit out of lowbies (This would be the entire reason I dont play on a pvp server) but you knew what you were signing up for when you signed up for it. 8 years later, how are you not ready for that? Have you SEEN the community we play with?

    Innocence and ignorance are two massively different things.
    I really don't see any reason to keep the bulk of the system the way it is, but instead of having a skull for a +3 mob, have a system to where say... 5-10 level differences and they can't attack each other.

    There is no point in a level 90 killing a level 50, or a 60 killing a 50 or whatever. There is ZERO point. It's stupid really. If one side can't possibly do anything about it, there's no reason to even have it that way.

    You have to admit, before CRZ you didn't see the MASSIVE amount of threads that you do now about how it adversely affected PvP servers. I don't think people would be throwing bitch fits if it was 1 or 2 kids spawn camping someone every few weeks. Multiple those 1-2 kids across CRZ and the problem becomes a whole lot more relevant. It's not like you can even get 40 level 50 together and even stand a chance against a 70, 80 or 90.

  11. #51
    Mechagnome Sliippy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ny'Alotha
    Posts
    536
    I like lvling my alts on the PVE server they're on then getting invites to a PvP server ganking for a few hours then going back to the safety of the PvE server to quest and such as I like. AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAA

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Technically, camping is considered griefing. If you literally are getting spawn killed for say, 5 minutes+, I'd definitely submit a ticket. For good measure (for chatlog purposes) I'd say something everything in /General each time you're killed so the GM's can have time-frames to look through logs.

    I'm not against PvP, hell that's why it's a PvP, it's nothing more than a mass-populated server. It's how your server would be if it had a much higher population, but I'd love to see griefers get banned for doing that shit. There's a HUGE difference between PvP and spawn camping someone for 5+ minutes.
    This is completely untrue for the third time in this thread. "Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game." Quoted from the Code of Conduct. Blizzard's view is that on a pvp server, neither camping nor ganking are considered griefing, and therefore are not against the ToS.

  13. #53
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,971
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    I don't know where people are getting this information but it isn't remotely true. Like I posted earlier in this thread:

    "Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

    Quoted straight from their Code of Conduct section C.
    For a while yes, when it goes on to last for hours then its considered harassment.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    Can i ask a question, what if they attacked me first so i get revenge by camping them for an hour plus?
    So wait, someone attacks you/kills you one or two times. You decide "hell, I'm going to fuck with them for an hour+ by spawn camping them"? What exactly (and don't take this as me being aggressive with you, is the point/fun in that? Do you somehow think you are teaching them a lesson for attacking/killing you?

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    If you literally are getting spawn killed for say, 5 minutes+, I'd definitely submit a ticket.
    It takes on average 30-90 seconds to run back. This means that being "camped" for 5 minutes is you being killed three or four times in a row.

    I would love to see you submit that as a ticket on a PvP server, it would give the GMs a good laugh for roughly the same amount of time that you were being "camped".

    In vanilla I once kept a guy polymorphed for 4 minutes straight. Even THAT isn't griefing (I was about 14 at the time and easily amused).

    As said earlier in this thread, the kind of "griefing" that leads to bans etc are multiple hours over multiple days, or at the very least a few solid hours in a row.

    Getting killed a handful of times when you could have just as easily dungeon queued, spirit rez'd, hearthstoned or logged off is not ticket-worthy in the slightest.
    My Paladin's Armory
    My Hunter's Armory
    These links are now broken. Ask Blizzard why.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I'm going to ask a really dumb question about CRZ.

    How does the rule-set get picked in a situation like that? Does PVE somehow take priority over PVP when doing that?

    I never really thought about it until you just mentioned it. Why wouldn't it make the PVE friend go onto a PVP server?
    You always go onto the server where the party leader is from. But thats not the solution here, because PVE server player cannot send CRZ invite to PVP player and vice versa.
    As for me - i'm totally agree with "you chose pvp-realm" point of view.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You have to admit, before CRZ you didn't see the MASSIVE amount of threads that you do now about how it adversely affected PvP servers.
    Before CRZ we didn't see threads about CRZ? Yes, I see your logic here.

    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't think people would be throwing bitch fits if it was 1 or 2 kids spawn camping someone every few weeks. Multiple those 1-2 kids across CRZ and the problem becomes a whole lot more relevant.
    You're wrong. WoW players will bitch about any minimal change to the game, that is just the world we live in.

    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    It's not like you can even get 40 level 50 together and even stand a chance against a 70, 80 or 90.
    Pretty sure 40 level 50s in heirloom gear could take down a level 70 depending on its class and spec.

    40 level 1s took down a level 25 in vanilla.
    My Paladin's Armory
    My Hunter's Armory
    These links are now broken. Ask Blizzard why.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    For a while yes, when it goes on to last for hours then its considered harassment.
    Not on a PvP server.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    This is completely untrue for the third time in this thread. "Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game." Quoted from the Code of Conduct. Blizzard's view is that on a pvp server, neither camping nor ganking are considered griefing, and therefore are not against the ToS.
    In the same section:

    (iii) Anything that Blizzard considers contrary to the "essence" of the Game.
    The "essence" of the game isn't L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y making the game completely un-playable to the other party. If it's been happening for 5-10+ minutes and the dude can't even fucking spawn and hearth that's greifing... it's not simple "PVP" at that point. You know damn well Blizzard has an internal policy (my 5-10 minutes seems way over the "limit" with just how long is "acceptable") with just how long it's considered PVP and when it goes over that line. Can you imagine someone putting a ticket in saying you've been spawn killed for an hour? If they honestly tell people "sorry, that's part of the game, but if you pay us $25 we can glady transfer you to a PVE server" I want to see a screenshot of it, and I will cancel my account. That is the epitome of piss poor game design.

  20. #60
    Mechagnome Akarui's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    So wait, someone attacks you/kills you one or two times. You decide "hell, I'm going to fuck with them for an hour+ by spawn camping them"? What exactly (and don't take this as me being aggressive with you, is the point/fun in that? Do you somehow think you are teaching them a lesson for attacking/killing you?
    Yes, i do. It's world pvp, the thrill of the hunt kind of thing. There is a lot more than just raids, bg's and arena's to do. :P

    P.S. they don't tend to kill me, example: I zoned out of a bg on my shaman (87) and a druid (87) attacked me, so i killed them, and killed them three times after to prove that was a bad move. I enjoy it, the game is what you make of it :P

    Also something many people may have noticed, paladins are unkillable in world pvp (bubblehearth!), so ganking on that is fun too :P
    “4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •