Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
13
14
22
... LastLast
  1. #221
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,348
    Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    If your idea of fun is attacking Thrallmar and Hellfire for four to five hours at a time on level 90's in order to stop people from leveling or camping the Dark Portal for hours, I pity you. Why should anyone be able to ruin the game for others? You think complaints will ruin your game? What about the players who are being camped for hours on end? Is their fun any less important than yours?
    If you want PvP only when it's convenient to you, you roll on a PvE server.

    When you want that constant risk of camping, ganking or sieges, you play on a PvP server.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  2. #222
    If you are getting ganked, why don't you call your friends for help? Or go get your main? Or get some folks from your faction to help you?

  3. #223
    Field Marshal shamozzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Stormreaver-US
    Posts
    93
    i love CRZ personally, the second M in "MMO" is for "multiplayer" after all

    buy/make some invis potions, chug one before you click the portal, win

  4. #224
    OP, #1 your language is contemptible, #2 if you are really so lazy as to continue to try to rez at the same GY for 2 solid hours straight, you deserve to be ganked. #3 Your trolling vent is successful, you have received 12 pages of negative adulation, LOSER

    Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-11-16 at 03:16 PM.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    See this is adorable what does that have to do with you complaining about it? I don't care what goes on this Mal'ganis server for all I care It's JUST another PVP server regardless of the outcome for all I care your over doing it saying Mal'ganis is OMG 10X worse then any other pvp WOoOOOOo give it a rest

    Just another server that's PVP

    Like you calling out that server itself is even more funny
    If you don't care, then why are you commenting on my posts? How about you stop for once and actually think before you post. Maybe you should post less and play more. You seem stuck on the idea that I'm complaining about pvp and you're wrong.


    And if you really want to talk about funny things, you claim to be casual yet a quick peek at your armory shows anything but. And if really are casual now, you've still made 18,000 posts in MMO-Champ.
    Armory
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

  6. #226
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,551
    I just have one question for people: If you don't enjoy world PvP, why did you join a PvP Server? Cross-Realm Zones or not, world PvP was already possible on PvP Servers, so blaming Cross-Realm Zones seems pointless when it happened anyway...

  7. #227
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    I just have one question for people: If you don't enjoy world PvP, why did you join a PvP Server? Cross-Realm Zones or not, world PvP was already possible on PvP Servers, so blaming Cross-Realm Zones seems pointless when it happened anyway...
    CRZ didn't exist when these players joined PvP servers and CRZ is making life hell for some PvP'ers. Not everyone enjoys hours of waiting for level 90's to clear out so they can level up, or hours of being camped.



  8. #228
    Elemental Lord Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    8,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    CRZ didn't exist when these players joined PvP servers and CRZ is making life hell for some PvP'ers. Not everyone enjoys hours of waiting for level 90's to clear out so they can level up, or hours of being camped.
    That doesn't answer the question though. If you don't enjoy World PvP, then why did you join a PvP Server? Cross-Realm Zone or not, World PvP as is being seen today has always been possible.
    Last edited by Hyve; 2012-11-16 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Re-worded

  9. #229
    getting spawned camped and instakilled is not world pvp or pvp. Its griefing and its against the ToS. specialy if it happens for over an hour.

    Contact gms with the rogues name and tell them to sort it out and link the ToS and rule number 1. If they refuse to do anything about it. tell them you want to talk to their supervisor because they are breaking their own rules.

    Happy days

  10. #230
    The problem with CRZ is the system is not intuitive at all. There isn't really a problem with tossing a few low population servers together to make the game enjoyable and more social. Now, the problem with the system is it takes servers that are completely full and lumps them in with tons of these low and medium population servers (and, inexplicably, even with other completely full servers). Therefore, yeah, CRZ is fucking retarded.

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    That doesn't answer the question though. If you don't enjoy World PvP, then why did you join a PvP Server?
    And the answer to that is "That's none of your fucking business". OP has no reason whatsoever to justify himself. When he subscribed to a Blizzard service, that service was diametrally different from what it is now after CRZ.

    On the other hand complaining about it will not help. Blizzard understands only one language: unsubscribe, give "CRZ" as reason. Done.

  12. #232
    Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    The problem with CRZ is the system is not intuitive at all. There isn't really a problem with tossing a few low population servers together to make the game enjoyable and more social. Now, the problem with the system is it takes servers that are completely full and lumps them in with tons of these low and medium population servers (and, inexplicably, even with other completely full servers). Therefore, yeah, CRZ is fucking retarded.
    It's done by zone not by server.

  13. #233
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    31,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    That doesn't answer the question though. If you don't enjoy World PvP, then why did you join a PvP Server? Cross-Realm Zone or not, World PvP as is being seen today has always been possible.
    Because they've gone from fun world PvP where people stood a chance to being overwhelmed by a huge faction/level imbalance and ruining the game play experience.



  14. #234
    The Patient
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    237
    So: PvP happened on a PvP server, and people are mad about it? Wasn't this hashed out way back in vanilla?

  15. #235
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    And the answer to that is "That's none of your fucking business". OP has no reason whatsoever to justify himself. When he subscribed to a Blizzard service, that service was diametrally different from what it is now after CRZ.

    On the other hand complaining about it will not help. Blizzard understands only one language: unsubscribe, give "CRZ" as reason. Done.
    The 'service' is what it was meant to be. CRZ brings the populations of zones to what they were designed for. Complaining about getting killed on a PvP server is ridiculous, if he has a problem, jump on a main, call some guild mates, ask in General Chat or do what i did when I got sick of PvP servers, transfer to PvE.

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    what the OP described isn't PvP. Report the player if they are spawn camping you for hours. It's against the ToS
    ROFL no.

    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

    Corpse camping.
    Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    Killing players well below your level.

  17. #237
    Titan Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    12,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I play on a PVP server, so I'm used to getting ganked and ganking others. However, after CRZ zones were introduced, all that's happening is that I and others are getting respawn camped by a bunch of level 90 shitheads.

    I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...

    I have spent the last 2 hours being spawn camped. I literally cannot respawn without being one shot by this cunt rogue who has been here for fucking two hours.

    Seriously, I can't blame the kids who are botting their way to 90. Don't blame them at all. This isn't fun.
    Taking the thread title, and this rant..
    You are not a kid yourself? are you sure?

  18. #238
    The Lightbringer Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Actually you can't correlate the two. The forums are a biased minority. According to Funcom the industry standard of forum participators is about .5% of players. And of those posters they are usually people who want to complain about something. Statistics say if some one is unhappy with something they will tell at least 10 other peope about it. If someone is happy with something they will tell 2-3 people. The people happy with CRZ most likely express that in game to others and do not come to the forums about it. People unhappy with CRZ bitch like crazy ingame and on the forums. So taking any type of temperature about anything from a game forums cannot be considered a valid pool since it is a biased minority.
    I get that, I even noted it in the post you quoted. I wasn't using the forums as proof. The daily-thing can't be proven to be fact for everyone, but I myself, as a Cata/Wrath daily enthusiast, don't like MoP's dailies for some reason, so I kinda take offense how dismissing Blizzard's attitude has been in the responses so far. Same with the CRZ, they just dismiss the backlash as nonsensical rubbish. But, as I said, the problems with CRZ can be seen/felt ingame by anyone. The impact to ones gameplay surely differs, but negative things are still negative for everyone at least on some level. The issue of rising WPVP is debatable, probably more in favor of PVP-enthusiasts, but people of foreign servers appearing in your world not only kill you, but they also take your mining nodes, your rares and your quest mobs, and they don't benefit your server's economy at all. They are like foreign invaders.

    Blizzard's answer to this? 'Whoopdidoo, we never intended you to enjoy this game too much.' That's a caricature of what they said and I for one think it's a terrible answer! They let you play with a toy for years, then take it away, tear of a small piece and give that piece to you, saying you weren't supposed to have the whole toy. That's bullshit, pure and simple. The benefits of CRZ from our perspective is more World PVP and no more empty-feeling world. Mhm, the world isn't empty anymore, it's filled with foreign invaders who take what should be yours or your compatriots' and you can't interact with them like you can with your own people.

    That is my gripe with CRZ, but even more I'm peeved at Blizzard's attitude in all this. It's great they have teeth to bite at all the people who complain about actual nonsense, but it seems lately they have began to bite everyone, which is why I feel they are loosing their connection to the playerbase.

  19. #239

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The novelty will wear off soonish and the ganking will go back to decent levels. It won't disappear entirely, but it'll be more like classic WoW most likely which is a lot better than the last 2 expansions where PvP never happened on PvP servers.
    I love CRZ. After raids, I'll log on to my 85 Horde mage who's parked in Duskwood and take 15-20 minutes to remind the lowbies that they rolled on a PVP server. Highly fun, and when their level 90 buddies arrive, I peace out for the night.

    CRZ is fun!

  20. #240
    Legendary! Treelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    6,812
    Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    If your idea of fun is attacking Thrallmar and Hellfire for four to five hours at a time on level 90's in order to stop people from leveling or camping the Dark Portal for hours, I pity you. Why should anyone be able to ruin the game for others? You think complaints will ruin your game? What about the players who are being camped for hours on end? Is their fun any less important than yours?
    Actually no, I level alts. I enjoy the thrill of someone out there ready to attack me and being able to turn around an ambush. I used to play on a PvP server but my guild and friends moved, so I miss world-PvPing. Now that CRZ is in I can use that with someone on real-ID (my brother for example) who plays a PvP server. I don't gank low levels, as I play in areas at my current level.

    I think people complaining about such things when they can just stop going into high pop areas or move off of PvP servers* is bad, and they often do ruin the game because of their stupidity.
    * - (opposite of what I do, real ID to a PvE server if they can't transfer)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •