Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The 'service' is what it was meant to be.
    Err no. Your opinion of what "it was meant to be" is worthless. So is mine. So is the OPs.
    The service is however not what it has been the last six or seven years. Not even remotely close. That's all that matters.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because they've gone from fun world PvP where people stood a chance to being overwhelmed by a huge faction/level imbalance and ruining the game play experience.
    I disagree. They've gone from no PVP due to faction imbalances on many realms to the game as it was intended to be played.

    Empty/imbalanced servers were the bug. CRZ is the bug fix and the game is now working as intended. People who thrived on the bugged state always complain after it's fixed.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because they've gone from fun world PvP where people stood a chance to being overwhelmed by a huge faction/level imbalance and ruining the game play experience.
    I find this kind of funny. My primary server (Sargeras) is almost ridiculously imbalanced. Wow realm pop says its 4:1 a:h ratio but I swear its more like double that. I play alliance and honestly, I don’t even participate in ganking because I just flat out feel bad. Every time im out doing dailies it’s the same thing…1 horde guy getting raped by 5+ alliance just for being there. Horde NEVER attack me when im out and about, because they know if they do 4 or 5 other alliance players will pop up out of nowhere and they’ll just be flatlined. They live in fear all the time.

    So where is the justice for them? What I find extremely refreshing about CRZ is that Sargeras’ battlegroup is horde-heavy. Servers like Arthas are way imbalanced towards Horde’s favor. So when im out and about on an alt there are horde EVERYWHERE in the pre-mop zones. Its very refreshing to actually be surprise attacked again, and have some world pvp happening that I don’t have to feel bad about because its just a zerg of allies facerolling a helpless horde player.

    I just don’t see your argument as valid because everything, including the imbalance part, can and does happen on regular servers without CRZ involved. CRZ just populates what was an extremely underpopulated world. And personally, I love it.

  4. #244
    I am Murloc! Scummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,202
    I think the problem with this debate is people need to distinguish what a problem with CRZ's is, and what a problem with PvP servers and ganking in general is.
    Being up in arms because you get ganked has more to do with PvP servers and players than to do CRZ's as all the CRZ's did was populate zones that otherwise may have been empty for one faction as has been the case for years on PvP servers and because of this resulted in the tag becoming redundant.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-16 at 04:02 PM.

  5. #245
    Okay gonna say this in caps, possibly infracted/banned but still. This is the bottom line:

    THERE IS NO REASON OR CLAIM THAT HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GANKED WITH OR WITHOUT CRZ.

    That rogue (or ANY ganker) could have been FROM HIS SERVER, even if CRZ wasn't around. Campers aren't a new thing brought to you by CRZ™


    His rant wouldn't have existed if he was getting camped by his own server. He would have taken it as PvP. He is taking advantage of the CRZ hate to gain pity and/or get people to agree with him.

    Also, I can damn guarantee you that as soon as he dings 90, he will gank. He will gank for hours.


    My 2 copper.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by wowhelicase View Post
    I love CRZ. After raids, I'll log on to my 85 Horde mage who's parked in Duskwood and take 15-20 minutes to remind the lowbies that they rolled on a PVP server. Highly fun, and when their level 90 buddies arrive, I peace out for the night.

    CRZ is fun!
    Though I'm on a PVE server, so I can only sit back and laugh.I do hope that all the PvP servers see that kind of behavior grow and grow I hope they open up level 1 zones, so 90s can camp people who just log into the game for the first time. I hope guilds dedicate themselves to killing quest mobs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We need those people to show the rest of us what REAL PVP is. Killing anything that moves. Fish in a Barrel! Candy from babies!

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Err no. Your opinion of what "it was meant to be" is worthless. So is mine. So is the OPs.
    The service is however not what it has been the last six or seven years. Not even remotely close. That's all that matters.
    This is from the Devs, not from me. Server populations are being brought up to what the game was designed for with CRZ, hence what it was meant to be.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It will be said over and over...

    You rolled on a pvp server.
    I did not roll on ALL the pvp servers. At least not until CRZ.

  9. #249
    OP I sympathise with your position. Don't expect many to on this forum though, the lack of empathy is sometimes astounding.

    The game is completely different from the small communities it was when WoW launched. Back in the day, gankers like this would have been blacklisted and added to many KoS lists. These days, you may not even be able to figure out what server the guy is from.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Also, I can damn guarantee you that as soon as he dings 90, he will gank. He will gank for hours.
    Exactly. It's because he's on the receiving end and he can't handle it. You'll never see a post saying "OMG GUYS, EVER SINCE CRZ, I'VE BEEN SPAWN CAMPING LOW LEVEL PLAYERS FOR AGES, FIX THIS ASAP!" - because that has happened since release day. People gank and get ganked, CRZ is irrelevant.

    It's just someone who's clearly more suited to a PvE server having a bit of a moan. If only Blizzard had introduced a new feature called "Spirit Healer" in place of CRZ, eh?

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    I did not roll on ALL the pvp servers. At least not until CRZ.
    What does this mean? You rolled on a PvP server, you can't roll on all of them. If you're talking about servers being merged with CRZ then your point is moot because the same rules still apply, you're just dealing with more people, as it was meant to be. You do know what the second M in MMO means right?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:10 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    OP I sympathise with your position. Don't expect many to on this forum though, the lack of empathy is sometimes astounding.

    The game is completely different from the small communities it was when WoW launched. Back in the day, gankers like this would have been blacklisted and added to many KoS lists. These days, you may not even be able to figure out what server the guy is from.
    You won't be able to figure out what server he's from if you can't read.

    I'm not supporting ganking but I also don't condone people complaining about getting ganked after rolling on a PvP server.

  12. #252
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Back in the day, gankers like this would have been blacklisted and added to many KoS lists.
    Why does the community need to provide "empathy" when in-game solutions already exist to combat spawn camping? KoS is an in-game solution to ganking.
    So is spirit res.

    He chose to be a victim for 2 hours. You can't turn around at that point and expect the community to say "there there, it's against the ToS, it'll be okay". Although it seems some people have already done that, sadly.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    What does this mean? You rolled on a PvP server, you can't roll on all of them. If you're talking about servers being merged with CRZ then your point is moot because the same rules still apply, you're just dealing with more people, as it was meant to be. You do know what the second M in MMO means right?
    Would you care to remind readers why Blizzard shipped with individual realm servers and not just one almighty large PvP realm?
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  14. #254
    i love "you rolled on pvp server" lvl 90 ganking lvl 77 is proper pvp. thats whats wrong with this game. its not blizzard and their bad calls its that game is full of assholes. assholes they are not able to do anything but trying to genk. was lvling in hp and 4dks were destryong hh. loged my main, who is warrior, and killed all 4 of em. thats how misserybale they were. so "you rolled on pvp server" its bullshit. blizzard should punish players who are doing that. but its same with bots. 15$ is 15$. nvm they will loose 15$ from players that are not enjoining that

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Would you care to remind readers why Blizzard shipped with individual realm servers and not just one almighty large PvP realm?
    How is this point relevant to the fact that you are subject to hostile player actions at any time on a PvP server?

    Comments like this are complicating the discussion. It has nothing to do with CRZ. If you can't handle yourself on a PvP server, don't roll on one.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Why does the community need to provide "empathy" when in-game solutions already exist to combat spawn camping? KoS is an in-game solution to ganking.
    So is spirit res.

    He chose to be a victim for 2 hours. You can't turn around at that point and expect the community to say "there there, it's against the ToS, it'll be okay". Although it seems some people have already done that, sadly.
    How do you know he wasn't spirit rezzing when he got ganked? Its not hard to find a graveyard, and you can't outrun a flying mount. As for empathy, a little compassion would be refreshing. Some people's seem to think snide remarks on the internet actually make you look clever, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Would you care to remind readers why Blizzard shipped with individual realm servers and not just one almighty large PvP realm?
    You don't seem to understand. When the game shipped many people were leveling. Zones had actual populations rather than just one or two people leveling and the random person wandering through. CRZ didn't just make "one almighty large PvP realm" it brought zone populations back up to their intended level.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    How is this point relevant to the fact that you are subject to hostile player actions at any time on a PvP server?

    Comments like this are complicating the discussion. It has nothing to do with CRZ. If you can't handle yourself on a PvP server, don't roll on one.
    Except it has everything to do with the CRZ discussion. Its the same reason why people grief and ninja in random dungeons, except now it's being rolled out across the whole of Azeroth and influencing World PvP. The fact you can't see the link is not my problem.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    How do you know he wasn't spirit rezzing when he got ganked? Its not hard to find a graveyard, and you can't outrun a flying mount. As for empathy, a little compassion would be refreshing. Some people's seem to think snide remarks on the internet actually make you look clever, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
    Once again you choose to complicate the discussion. Who's making snide remarks and what has empathy got to do with the OP's post?

    He rolled on a PvP realm. When you roll PvP you accept certain circumstances will be in place - that it's pretty much a free-for-all, up to and including spawn camping the opposite faction.

    There are MANY in-game solutions for dealing with that. That's exactly why Blizzard has always taken a non-interventionist stance.

    If you can't handle PvP realms without appealing to the "community" or Blizzard, don't roll there.

    Nothing to do with CRZ.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    How do you know he wasn't spirit rezzing when he got ganked? Its not hard to find a graveyard, and you can't outrun a flying mount. As for empathy, a little compassion would be refreshing. Some people's seem to think snide remarks on the internet actually make you look clever, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
    Yeah, the OP calling people cunts and retards really made me sympathize with him.
    He could have logged out, wait, move on. He chose to get ganked. He also chose to make this thread.

    He also chose a pvp realm.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •