Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
24
... LastLast
  1. #261
    Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i chose a pvp server too, because there are many good guilds and it is a crowded server. But i chose very carefully to go to a server where the faction i chose is 99% of players in that server, exactly to avoid alts being ganked.
    "I chose a PvP server because I thought the guilds there were good, and chose my faction so I could dominate the other side. Now I have to play PvP as intended."

    Cry more.

  2. #262
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,870
    I have every sympathy.

    Few things

    1) You joined a PVP server so suck it up, you say? Yes. 1 server. Not 15 of them merging together on the fly. Every server has an angwe type or two, but not dozens of them. Stick multiple servers together and you have several unavoidable angwes at all times.

    2) Pvp servers have been a world pvp joke for at least 4 years, if not longer. If you were to have started up your toon at any time up until the week before mop released, your experience and therefore expectation of a pvp server was maybe having to fight over a mining node once every 3 weeks. Finding a wprld fight would actually have required some effort or imagination. Not having max level players one shot you over and over with no let up.

    3) Maybe you are like me and joined a pvp during vanilla. Remember those times? No flying mounts mean avoiding world pvp was as easy as line of sighting your would be ganker. Good luck doing that now, the buzzards circle you endlessly. And yes, SS/TM was loads of fun....but you could walk away from it any time you liked.

    4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.

    CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 relatively peaceful years.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  3. #263
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    Except it has everything to do with the CRZ discussion. Its the same reason why people grief and ninja in random dungeons, except now it's being rolled out across the whole of Azeroth and influencing World PvP. The fact you can't see the link is not my problem.
    You seem to imply that people "grief" (and by that you mean "follow normal behaviour patterns of PvP realms") because they know they can get away with it thanks to CRZ.

    The flaw in your argument is that most players don't choose to lie there and take it for 2 hours and then moan on the forums. With or without CRZ.

    As many people have pointed out, "griefing" is going to exist with or without CRZ. Your only choice as a player is how you deal with it. You can't control other players' actions, only your own.

  4. #264
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.
    Thats attempting to grief him while he's in a safe zone. PvP is fighting another player...prefferably under equal cercumstances in a battle of skill and wits and survival! Not... *gank* "HAHA NOOB!" *log off* T______T

  5. #265
    Bloodsail Admiral hiragana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,193
    Just keep putting tickets in, wasting there time until they realise how retarded the system is.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 no world PvP years.
    ftfy. You are basically saying that no PvP is better than some PvP.

    The real solution to ganking is to start fighting back. Not by hunting someone down when they are not paying attention. Maybe if people actually started PvPing on a PvP server, then the issue would be less? Gankers love it right now because most people on PvP servers just roll over and complain instead of trying to actually respond.

  7. #267
    Stood in the Fire Vattenmelon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    356
    Stop QQ, we finally have a living world, if you get camped, just log out for a while...

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I have every sympathy.

    Few things

    1) You joined a PVP server so suck it up, you say? Yes. 1 server. Not 15 of them merging together on the fly. Every server has an angwe type or two, but not dozens of them. Stick multiple servers together and you have several unavoidable angwes at all times.

    2) Pvp servers have been a world pvp joke for at least 4 years, if not longer. If you were to have started up your toon at any time up until the week before mop released, your experience and therefore expectation of a pvp server was maybe having to fight over a mining node once every 3 weeks. Finding a wprld fight would actually have required some effort or imagination. Not having max level players one shot you over and over with no let up.

    3) Maybe you are like me and joined a pvp during vanilla. Remember those times? No flying mounts mean avoiding world pvp was as easy as line of sighting your would be ganker. Good luck doing that now, the buzzards circle you endlessly. And yes, SS/TM was loads of fun....but you could walk away from it any time you liked.

    4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.

    CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 relatively peaceful years.

    I agree with you in principle, but the reality is that CRZ brought some world pvp action back, at least.

    I play on a server that is so horde dominated that alliance players are a very, very, very rare sight. Now that our CRZ includes Sargeras, a server that is the opposite, and its a very refreshing change to see action in the world.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    You don't seem to understand. When the game shipped many people were leveling. Zones had actual populations rather than just one or two people leveling and the random person wandering through. CRZ didn't just make "one almighty large PvP realm" it brought zone populations back up to their intended level.
    A few points here:

    *We're always being told not to harper back to the 'good old times', but it seems like Blizzard and their supporters here should take their own advice. You can't recreate the past, especially not with CRZ. The game, like I said, was very different back then CRZ is creating a very different experience with very perverse incentives.

    *Cross realm anything removes personal reputation from the equation so just by being introduced the amount of griefing, ganking, camping and general ass-hattery will increase substantially. "You rolled on a PvP realm" might be a technically correct observation, but everyone spouting that is missing the real issue here. Gankers before CRZ were 'known gankers', and you could anticipate what they would be up to. These days its a pure free for all.

    *Blizzard went through the entire levelling experience and removed any requirement for multiple people to team together in order to level. No more group quests. No more challenging mobs or elites. So to put it blatantly, what is the point? 'Intended population levels' sounds like corporate speak to me in order to cover their own backsides. If there is an 'intended population level', it was very likely introduced recently and specifically to justify their CRZ proposal, or in response to the wave of criticism that people weren't leaving their capital cities any more and focusing solely on instanced PvE or PvP.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  10. #270
    I thought it was pretty good until I got to searing gorge and had a quest in an area that had a archaeology site. I couldn't even resurrect for a second before some random 90 player one shot me while doing archaeology
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

  11. #271
    Seriously. It seems like most of these posts are from people who are scared of having to PvP on a PvP server, or can't be bothered.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 04:33 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    I thought it was pretty good until I got to searing gorge and had a quest in an area that had a archaeology site. I couldn't even resurrect for a second before some random 90 player one shot me while doing archaeology
    Level up to 90 and be prepared to defend yourself at all times on a PvP server.

    This could have happened with or without CRZ, for the 500th time.

  12. #272
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    I agree with you in principle, but the reality is that CRZ brought some world pvp action back, at least.

    I play on a server that is so horde dominated that alliance players are a very, very, very rare sight. Now that our CRZ includes Sargeras, a server that is the opposite, and its a very refreshing change to see action in the world.
    Oh ye I fully accept that CRZ is fixing something that was promised way back at the start of the game, I can just also see the reasons why some people are more than a little pissed off with it. It's a big change after a long period of world calm, even on the most pvpish of servers.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    How is this thread title STILL not changed?
    Because its a paradox

  14. #274
    Cross realm everything is terrible. Let's go back to spamming LFG in trade chat all day every day.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I have every sympathy.

    Few things

    1) You joined a PVP server so suck it up, you say? Yes. 1 server. Not 15 of them merging together on the fly. Every server has an angwe type or two, but not dozens of them. Stick multiple servers together and you have several unavoidable angwes at all times.

    2) Pvp servers have been a world pvp joke for at least 4 years, if not longer. If you were to have started up your toon at any time up until the week before mop released, your experience and therefore expectation of a pvp server was maybe having to fight over a mining node once every 3 weeks. Finding a wprld fight would actually have required some effort or imagination. Not having max level players one shot you over and over with no let up.

    3) Maybe you are like me and joined a pvp during vanilla. Remember those times? No flying mounts mean avoiding world pvp was as easy as line of sighting your would be ganker. Good luck doing that now, the buzzards circle you endlessly. And yes, SS/TM was loads of fun....but you could walk away from it any time you liked.

    4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.

    CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 relatively peaceful years.
    Sorry, but I disagree. The low-level zones may feel crowded to some, but they are still nowhere close to what they were in Vanilla. My first character was levelled on a newly-opened PvP realm that was started to alleviate some high-pop realms, which meant having both a goodly amount of same-level players sharing the zones as well as an established level 60 community from the get-go.

    And yes, it was tough. I was attacked lots and ganked even more often. I still firmly believe that I was killed more by level 60's than the rest of the levels combined. And you know, in the end I enjoyed it. It was a challenge that genuinely felt fulfilling when you were doing well. You had to learn how to deal with the situation or suffer because of it. And I had to do it all.. trying to make myself as inconspicuous as possible to avoid ganks while going after quest mobs in crowded areas. Grind in remote areas because the more travelled parts were just too dangerous. Have a backup area or two to go to in case I got camped. Befriend other players in the zone and have guildies willing to come over and get you out of a tough spot. Heck, I have had to log out once or twice in disgust because I just couldn't get anything done.

    But complain about it on the forums? No, that thought never occured to me. It wasn't about racing to max level back in the day. The journey was as important as the destination, for which I am grateful, because not only was the road to 60 a lot of fun, speedbumps included, but the moment I reached level 60 was so incredibly fulfilling that it instantly validated all the blood, sweat and tears I endured along the way. It became a badge of pride have survived all the way and live to tell the horror-stories to new guildmates as I rode over to their corpses to help them out with a stubborn ganker.

    Don't tell me today's players have it hard. They just don't know any better. I eventually got tired of the notion of getting ganked while levelling, moved to a PvE realm sometime during the Burning Crusade and never looked back and they have the exact same option available to them if getting ganked is not their cup of tea. When you roll a character on a PvP realm and don't see any red-flagged character for several zones, you should frankly be disappointed and I for one am glad that the lowbie zones feel more alive again these days.

    Thank you for reading.

  16. #276
    Pandaren Monk sibut's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,890
    The thing that frustrates me about CRZ is trying to level professions. I've just gotten around recently to leveling herb/mining on new toons, and it's damn near impossible from BC-Cata zones, with so many people farming. I don't even want the damn ore/herbs, I just want to level my fucking professions.

  17. #277
    Immortal Bombkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA - Boston, MA
    Posts
    6,995
    Honestly people, this is probably one of those "silent majority" things. I do not know a single friend who has a problem with CRZ, so naturally we don't complain about it or even make "we love it!" threads. Only on the Internet do I see the occasional thread about CRZ QQ with the same 20 people posting in them to give the threads the illusion of popularity. I'm perfectly happy that Azeroth isn't a ghost town. Its hardly a big deal. I don't see people fighting for nodes. I don't see people getting ganked 100% of the time. It probably happened like twice and you guys blocked out all of the good memories with the 2 bad ones.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I have every sympathy.

    Few things

    1) You joined a PVP server so suck it up, you say? Yes. 1 server. Not 15 of them merging together on the fly. Every server has an angwe type or two, but not dozens of them. Stick multiple servers together and you have several unavoidable angwes at all times.

    2) Pvp servers have been a world pvp joke for at least 4 years, if not longer. If you were to have started up your toon at any time up until the week before mop released, your experience and therefore expectation of a pvp server was maybe having to fight over a mining node once every 3 weeks. Finding a wprld fight would actually have required some effort or imagination. Not having max level players one shot you over and over with no let up.

    3) Maybe you are like me and joined a pvp during vanilla. Remember those times? No flying mounts mean avoiding world pvp was as easy as line of sighting your would be ganker. Good luck doing that now, the buzzards circle you endlessly. And yes, SS/TM was loads of fun....but you could walk away from it any time you liked.

    4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.

    CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 relatively peaceful years.
    Agree completely with this post. Its much more complicated then simply not liking PvP but playing on a PvP realm. If you really believe its just that then you are not doing a very good job of analysing the issues here - and that is your problem not ours. I've always played on a PvP realm since Vanilla, so im no lightweight to ganking/being ganked
    Last edited by Faithshield; 2012-11-16 at 04:44 PM.
    "If you look out of the window as a human being, at nature, all of nature is unconditionally and absolutely beautiful wherever it is. Whether it's a jungle. Whether it's a desert. Whether it's the Arctic wastes. Or even your own back garden. The only ugly things you will ever see when you look out of the window are things made by man." - Stephen Fry

  19. #279
    Brewmaster smegdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,422
    Short answer get in a better guild.

    The second time this high leveled player killed me I would have been typing to my guild and asking for help. I would have gotten 4-5 responses saying be there in a second. And that is on a PvE server.

  20. #280
    Herald of the Titans Injin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmwing View Post
    Sorry, but I disagree. The low-level zones may feel crowded to some, but they are still nowhere close to what they were in Vanilla. My first character was levelled on a newly-opened PvP realm that was started to alleviate some high-pop realms, which meant having both a goodly amount of same-level players sharing the zones as well as an established level 60 community from the get-go.
    Same level players fighting on 40% speed ground mounts is a bit different to being bombed from above by something 45 levels higher.
    And yes, it was tough. I was attacked lots and ganked even more often. I still firmly believe that I was killed more by level 60's than the rest of the levels combined. And you know, in the end I enjoyed it. It was a challenge that genuinely felt fulfilling when you were doing well. You had to learn how to deal with the situation or suffer because of it. And I had to do it all.. trying to make myself as inconspicuous as possible to avoid ganks while going after quest mobs in crowded areas. Grind in remote areas because the more travelled parts were just too dangerous. Have a backup area or two to go to in case I got camped. Befriend other players in the zone and have guildies willing to come over and get you out of a tough spot. Heck, I have had to log out once or twice in disgust because I just couldn't get anything done.
    Ok, good for you.
    But complain about it on the forums? No, that thought never occured to me. It wasn't about racing to max level back in the day. The journey was as important as the destination, for which I am grateful, because not only was the road to 60 a lot of fun, speedbumps included, but the moment I reached level 60 was so incredibly fulfilling that it instantly validated all the blood, sweat and tears I endured along the way. It became a badge of pride have survived all the way and live to tell the horror-stories to new guildmates as I rode over to their corpses to help them out with a stubborn ganker.
    With CRZ you often aren't racing anywhere but back to your corpse or to the "log out" button. There is no comparison between vanilla ground based levelling and a world full of ganky death on flying mounts.
    Don't tell me today's players have it hard. They just don't know any better. I eventually got tired of the notion of getting ganked while levelling, moved to a PvE realm sometime during the Burning Crusade and never looked back and they have the exact same option available to them if getting ganked is not their cup of tea. When you roll a character on a PvP realm and don't see any red-flagged character for several zones, you should frankly be disappointed and I for one am glad that the lowbie zones feel more alive again these days.

    Thank you for reading.
    There was world pvp in TBC comparable to the CRZ level?

    Not even remotely.
    http://secretgl.wordpress.com/

    Guild Blog for <Debonair> EU, Zenedar.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •