Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only people who don't like CRZ are farmers that farm ore and herbs in lower lvl zones. CRZ doesn't effect current lvl zones so personally it doesn't effect me.
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by zimzum2523 View Post
    I don't see how so many people can consider ganking low level players as world pvp. I rolled a pvp server so I choose to grind dungeons because until max level competitive would pvp is impossible. Maybe a system where players lost an honor point for killing low level players would decrease the amount of ganking with out affecting competitive world pvp.
    Because it is world PvP, it doesn't matter if you personaly don't consider it to be, players killing players is the very definition of PvP
    And you mean the old system of dishonor, where i believe you lost points to killing lowbies, i don't think that would stop anyone, the people that enjoy camping lowbies won't be stopped even if it flatlined their honor each time
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    You do realize that this sort of thing happens all the time and especially did back during BC/Wrath when the servers were ridiculously full. CRZ just brings it back, I'm fine with it. It seems like people who weren't around during those days and started much later are the ones complaining. Hey, now you get a taste of nostalgia. :P
    Right, but during BC we just skipped Hellfire Peninsula and continued leveling, because the jackasses were camping honor hold. With CRZ, every zone is bad.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    The only people who don't like CRZ are farmers that farm ore and herbs in lower lvl zones. CRZ doesn't effect current lvl zones so personally it doesn't effect me.
    Nope, those trying to raise alts even on PvE realms. There's some areas (e.g., Icecrown to Storm Peaks) you can hit 3 CRZ zones seconds apart, giving you 3x the chances of locked up games waiting on Battle.net to respond. That's what made me quit the most as it was my plan to raise alts during MoP (got MoP to test if Blizzard actually improve it on a trial basis or not, and if it does it'll be nice, if it doesn't I'll report about it on some medium here or elsewhere).

When you can run 3 clients and they crash, yeah, CRZ is a problem no matter what realm or playstyle.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nope, those trying to raise alts even on PvE realms. There's some areas (e.g., Icecrown to Storm Peaks) you can hit 3 CRZ zones seconds apart, giving you 3x the chances of locked up games waiting on Battle.net to respond. That's what made me quit the most as it was my plan to raise alts during MoP (got MoP to test if Blizzard actually improve it on a trial basis or not, and if it does it'll be nice, if it doesn't I'll report about it on some medium here or elsewhere).

When you can run 3 clients and they crash, yeah, CRZ is a problem no matter what realm or playstyle.
    Come to think of it, when I was leveling I wanted to quest in Nagrand after skipping the hellhole that was Hellfire Peninsula (the ganking is unbelievable) and ended up having to skip the entire area because for some reason my lag was horrible in Nagrand even though I was fine everywhere else.

I didn't think about it at the time but I believe I can attribute that to CRZ now. Anytime I try to go back there the same thing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Come to think of it, when I was leveling I wanted to quest in Nagrand after skipping the hellhole that was Hellfire Peninsula (the ganking is unbelievable) and ended up having to skip the entire area because for some reason my lag was horrible in Nagrand even though I was fine everywhere else.

I didn't think about it at the time but I believe I can attribute that to CRZ now. Anytime I try to go back there the same thing happens.
    You going to blame it for the loot you wanting to drop not dropping as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post

Bull shit.

No one reported this and frankly what do you mean with running 3 clients ? From one computer?

Your post is a vague as possible, as usual, coming from someone who makes thousands of negative posts on a daily basis.

----

Get over it: open world across server play will make WoW an ever lasting experience with fully populated worlds.

And this simply puts your old theory about slowly dying servers out of the window in the long run.

The best part is that you know that and so will try to hide it by posting some answers in no man's land.

Shrug: Blizzard opened the Pandora box of ever lasting fully populated open world play and no hating troll will be able to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    You going to blame it for the loot you wanting to drop not dropping as well?
    Your sarcasm is unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayhas View Post
    Or is it..
    -puts on glasses-
    getting rolled on a pvp server...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Well played. I lol'd
    You now stand before the Countess.
    A story of Firsts from around the world:
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Your sarcasm is unwarranted.
    Not sarcasm I fully expect you to whine, bitch, and moan that CRZ took your purples.

My suggestion is to level in dungeons if you want to avoid PvP. Queues are still incredibly short even for dps so take advantage of that. Or reroll on a PvE server.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

Damn I wish there was a way to toggle off pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    I doubt they will even touch CRZ again. They implemented them to sidestep the 'Dead Realm' issue.

They sound great for a pvp realms but for a pve ones they are a total nightmare. Have you ever tried to get a pigs anus when 14 people from different realms are there doing the same quest? Its no fun i can tell you. Forget about building any gathering proffs. Some level 90 druid from another realm will be having all that.
    It shows you have no clue.

The cross SERVER open world mechanic is the Holy Grail for ever lasting populated worlds in an MMO.

I am sorry but Blizzard will use this technique in its newest MMO to the fullest.

Gone are the empty worlds with this server technique.

EVERY single server MMO died a painful death in its open world play .... 4 months after their launch.

And here you are.... Complaining an 8 year old game has ... too many players (sic) in its 8 year old level 15 zone ...

Think before posting ...

I guess most players have the brains of an ant ... Just so they can gather things ...

You people are missing the point. Everyone always seems to miss the point. The point is that people on PvP servers are now subject to increased pvp activity because of crz. It went from acceptable risk to roving rape gangs. I won't try and deny that that it happens with home server groups, too, but it has got a thousand times worse with crz.

Quote Originally Posted by Danarez View Post
    You people are missing the point. Everyone always seems to miss the point. The point is that people on PvP servers are now subject to increased pvp activity because of crz. It went from acceptable risk to roving rape gangs. I won't try and deny that that it happens with home server groups, too, but it has got a thousand times worse with crz.
    You're missing the point. PvP happening on a PvP server is what should have been happening all along.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It will be said over and over...

You rolled on a pvp server.
    The fact you think a level 90 rogue ganking a level 77 is pvp says it all...

Fair enough ganking a low level once maybe even twice or something but spawn camping someone that can't fight back and gives absolutely no honor is just plain retarded. My only advice to the OP is join a guild and get them to help any time someone gets spawn camped by a higher level in our guild we get a big group together and make sure they know to piss right off XD. It's funny how much some of them complain when the boot is on the other foot

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 01:36 AM ----------

@BenBos while I agree it's brought much needed life to servers and some great and fun world pvp. I think that's completely different from a level 77 being camped for 2 hours by a level 90 rogue. I agree about the questing though complaining about that is stupid.

When I returned from a break 5 years ago my friends had decided that a pvp server was a good idea, I could either play with my friends or quit, playing alone on a pvp server was never an option. My friends are the reason I started playing and the reason I kept playing. Over the years I leveled a lot of characters, started a second account and leveled more, paying over 200 euros in realm transfers is not an option, neither is leaving my friends, guild and much beloved warlocks name behind (it's taken on every server). So when people say I chose a pvp server and should just live with it, I say bullshit. I didn't choose a pvp server at all, my friends made that decision and now CRZ is making me suffer for it. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by vellar View Post
    The fact you think a level 90 rogue ganking a level 77 is pvp says it all...
    Are they both players? If so that seems to be Player versus Player.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Bull shit.

No one reported this
    I sure did! Because that is exactly what happened. You'll see the disconnected from Battle.net warning in the chat screen just before the client gets a Not Responding error message. To get out of is via killing the WoW client via Task manager.

It was a total mess, so I quit. No point is spending $45/mon for hard lock ups.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    You can get camped either way. Let's say that CRZ's were never in place. But all of the sudden, all of the servers became highly populated. Would you still say that "I rolled a pvp server not knowing that a bunch of people were going to be coming back/starting to play wow"?. Camping is not new to CRZ's. While leveling in MoP on release, I got camped relentlessly for the first week. And this was no CRZ. More people in the world=more of a chance of stuff like this happening. CRZ's aren't "retarded" for putting more people into the world.
    "1 in 4 Americans are skeptical on climate change...who gives a shit? That doesn't matter. You don't need other people's opinions on a fact. You may as well have a poll asking: Which number is bigger? 5 or 15? Do Owls exist? Are there hats?"