Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    It's like you're speaking to someone else. -_-

I leveled Kevyne via BGs. He also does PvP when he has time. I have toons on a PvP server. I played in brutal PvP games (from MUDs to F2P Asian grinders). I still believe players who kill others 10 levels below them are cowards. No point calling it even PvP if that is done, it's just carebear PvP by wannabes.
    Answer my post above yours before trying to dodge the REALITY of this new awesome feature...with fake posts ...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:24 AM.

Nice that the title of the thread hasn't been altered or changed iv been banned for less. If I went and mentioned a certain X games feature is ''fucking retarded'' I wonder what would happen. It's fine to QQ about WoW on this forum but any negative word made against a rival MMO and they come down on you like a ton of bricks.

The Lightbringer Kevyne-Shandris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Answer my post above yours before trying to dodge the REALITY of this new awesome feature...with fake posts ...
    Why? Nothing there worthwhile to answer.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Nice that the title of the thread hasn't been altered or changed iv been banned for less. If I went and mentioned a certain X games feature is ''fucking retarded'' I wonder what would happen. It's fine to QQ about WoW on this forum but any negative word made against a rival MMO and they come down on you like a ton of bricks.
    Agreed if you would say this in any other forum, bahm you get banned without warning.

But the cross realm feature is simply awesome. Everyone can see the future of unlimited open world play with this awesome mechanic, so I guess it is even productive to see all these usual WoW trashers trying to down talk it with ever increasing cramps...

Imagine this ever populated world in WoW with seamless play across servers in every aspect of the game (trading, group quests, pvp, ...).

I mean this is the worst nightmare for any hardcore WoW hater: an ever lasting populated WoW ...
    And it is just starting: technique is perfected, Blizzard puts the content layers on top in the next years.

See phased farming as how this phasing thing was developped 4 years ago...And how much hate was spit by these usual suspects on that phasing...

The cross realm zones are just the beginning of a new age in ever populated worlds.

Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:37 AM.

People complain theres no world pvp,

blizz introduce CRZ to help encourage pvp

Pvp happens,

You complain to get CRZ removed

You need to be shot seriously,

whether your like it or not ganking is part of world pvp, and the way huge zones battles used to happen would start that way, and slowly people pulling in friends to come help them and it would escalate from there

I disagree.

Agreed if you would say this in any other forum, bahm you get banned without warning.
    Nope. Folks talk about other games in other forums all the time (check the EQ2 forums, WoW is mentioned even. RIFT even more). What's important is how it's used.

When I mention EQ2 for example I use it in context of comparing features, especially lack of good and popular features in WoW. Too many who play only one game and think it's the best don't understand too many times the kewl features other games have. Those features are often also popular. If they're popular in one game, they'll be popular in another (just like planting now in WoW. It's popular in other games that offer it).

It's about the context.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes. They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."
    Blizzard's blame game in action: Deleting 6,100+ of Kevyne's posts and threads from the WoW forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Nope. Folks talk about other games in other forums all the time (check the EQ2 forums, WoW is mentioned even. RIFT even more). What's important is how it's used.

When I mention EQ2 for example I use it in context of comparing features, especially lack of good and popular features in WoW. Too many who play only one game and think it's the best don't understand too many times the kewl features other games have. Those features are often also popular. If they're popular in one game, they'll be popular in another (just like planting now in WoW. It's popular in other games that offer it).

It's about the context.

Well what we are talking about is the phrase ''fucking retarded'' like the title of this thread. If I went into any sub forum on this site and used that term against a ToR/ Rift/ Gw2 feature id be banned, no doubt about it. Yet people are aloud to use such terms about WoW features, I have no problem with it im just pointing out the inconsistency.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    People complain theres no world pvp,

blizz introduce CRZ to help encourage pvp

Pvp happens,

You complain to get CRZ removed

You need to be shot seriously,
    Take this history for example:

Blizz introduced twink battlegrounds since twinks wanted it on the forums.

It was introduced.

Then they complained no one was queuing (because in WoW PvP isn't about PvPing like kind, it's about ganking).

Twinks then exploit the game (with Blizzard willing to overlook it's own ToS) to queue in normal BGs.

Guess who needs to be shot again?

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Well what we are talking about is the phrase ''fucking retarded'' like the title of this thread. If I went into any sub forum on this site and used that term against a ToR/ Rift/ Gw2 feature id be banned, no doubt about it. Yet people are aloud to use such terms about WoW features, I have no problem with it im just pointing out the inconsistency.
    I guess you don't know this guy yet.

Every constructive post about cross realm play is buried within seconds by a non meangless post by him just to burry the usueful and constructive thoughts about CRZ.

He just did it again by citing a first sentence and IGNORING all the positive things about this new cross server play.

If I would call him out and say these are just troll techniques, he would even report me for using that word against him.

The guy is simply SOOOO frustrated by this new awesome feature he thinks it matters if he burries positive consctructive posts with some non posts.

he doesn't want to discuss on topic, because in the end he has no leg to stand on against cross realm play and populated worlds (forever).

I think if you live a life like that, you should look in the mirror and ask yourself, what am I even doing here?

It also shows the moderators are simply sleeping over here.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-18 at 10:54 AM.

Here's the problem. No one's saying that the level 90 kid corpse camping level 30s is the paragon of PvP. No one is saying it's anything but griefing.

Two points:

1) Griefing is not against ToS, and is specifically noted to NOT be harassment under the ToS as long as exploits or hacks aren't used.

2) In the old days, we dealt with griefers. How, you say? We formed communities of people who had our backs. Back in a day of limited portals, long flight paths, slow, expensive, non-flying mounts, I could get a group of 20 people to my location within 20 minutes to have my back if someone was griefing me and corpse-camping my alt. While I am not a griefer myself, I sometimes think Blizz's mindset (or hope, maybe) is that it organically forms communities to deal with trolls. At best, you can accuse Blizzard of naivete in that regard, but from various forums I visit, it is a way of forming community - arising from a communal struggle against, for lack of a better word, trolls. Hell, it worked in the Wild West.

One last point, directed solely at the poster named Kevyne above me:

Your sig seems to illustrate one thing, and one thing only. You are unreasonably and irrationally critical of WoW. You've quoted a USER MADE REVIEW of Cataclysm as some sort of proof of Cataclysm's flaws. Have you read this review? His points are silly at best. I'd not be surprised if it was your own review. Also, Blizzard is generally fair in re: forum policing - much more fair than, say, GW2 or SWTOR ever was. If they deleted 6.1k of your posts, it's because you're a disruptive troll. And it seems like you've taken the same tack on this website - 2k posts in less than a year at MMO, that's impressive.

CRZ is the best thing I've seen the latest year in WoW. Areas come to life, the exitement is in the air and best of all, I can play with my buddy on another realm. We are leveling together and having FUN.

Thanks Blizzard for this opportunity!

I guess you don't know this guy yet.

Every constructive post about cross realm play is buried within seconds by a non meangless post by him just to burry the usueful and constructive thoughts about CRZ.
    No, more balance reporting on WoW than from someone who wants to be Blizzard's mouthpiece.

Even Blizzard is smarter to pull back from THAT much fanboism. It's not healthy to the game.

The problem here is what people have gotten used to

1. Op has gotten used to the idea the world is dead, the place is a barren wasteland, I can do my professions and my leveling in peace, even though i'm on a server that is pvp enabled the entire time.

2. CRZ is introduced, suddenly the world has ALOT more players per zone in it

3. Op cries cause he got PVPed on a PVP server by someone higher than him

Now, I dont condone the idea of griefing and yes, thats what is happening, a lvl 90 player griefing a lvl 77 player is griefing, for gods sake people he's 13 levels higher, and in gear 2 expansions ahead of the ops level! He just sneezes and the op dies, that is NOT fair.

Now I do however have to side with the board. You rolled on PVP server, this shit happens, It happened to me for 5 years on Kil'jaeden until I had to switch servers to continue raiding and I had to go to a PVE server. I used to guild hop the entire time on KJ to stay on the PVP server cause I loved the risk, but sadly i had to leave. I went back during cata and the world was dead.....everyone sat in SW or Org and nothing happened. CRZ brought people back in the world, but everyone is currently busy doing dailys in Pandaria and those who are not are just kids wanting to smack lowbies with their shiny new dagger. Sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    One last point, directed solely at the poster named Kevyne above me:

Your sig seems to illustrate one thing, and one thing only. You are unreasonably and irrationally critical of WoW.
    Never become an artist, because you'd never handle the critiques. Mine are t-a-m-e in comparison.

On pve servers the NPCs are camped instead, so you can't accept quests or turn any in. So, the situation is similar to what OP experiences on pvp realm, inability to level properly.

It's not about "well, it's pvp server!" response to OP, the issue is griefers.

The solution should be penalties. If u kill a gray level player, you get dishonor and a debuff that stacks to 10. Once you reach 10, you get crazy amount of dishonor so in short time you will loose all your honor, hell you will get minus honor so next time you want to buy something with honor, you won't even start from zero
    The same should be done on gray level NPC's to prevent griefing as well, instead for dishonor, they loose Justice Points, yes I said it, JP you will loose, and once debuff stacks to 10, YOU WILL LOOSE VALOR POINTS!
    Oh, the horror!!! PvP players forced to fight similar lvl players for fairness! Omg let the qq begin by loosers that can't kill anyone their own level.

I play on PvE and I totally HATE CRZ!!! If they don't fix it until my AP runs out (next year march) I'm never ever gonna sub again to that crap of game. Seriously, they have destroyed my pleasure gaming experience...

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    On pve servers the NPCs are camped instead, so you can't accept quests or turn any in. So, the situation is similar to what OP experiences on pvp realm, inability to level properly.

It's not about "well, it's pvp server!" response to OP, the issue is griefers.

The solution should be penalties. If u kill a gray level player, you get dishonor and a debuff that stacks to 10. Once you reach 10, you get crazy amount of dishonor so in short time you will loose all your honor, hell you will get minus honor so next time you want to buy something with honor, you won't even start from zero
    The same should be done on gray level NPC's to prevent griefing as well, instead for dishonor, they loose Justice Points, yes I said it, JP you will loose, and once debuff stacks to 10, YOU WILL LOOSE VALOR POINTS!
    Oh, the horror!!! PvP players forced to fight similar lvl players for fairness! Omg let the qq begin by loosers that can't kill anyone their own level.
    There isnt a solution to a problem that does not exist. If you roll on a pvp server, expect to get ganked and stop crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    There isnt a solution to a problem that does not exist. If you roll on a pvp server, expect to get ganked and stop crying.
    Why are you here? There's some low levels in STV you can show your "skills"

gotta love MMO-champ. This thread is staying open for ages, and whenever someone else says fuck or trolls (like this) it's closed instantly. <3

On topic:

PVP on a pvp server, nowai! What unexpected!

And for the PVE people, not willing to shock you, it's an MMO
    MASSIVE
    MULTIPLAYER

So you are meant to be with other people in questzones, don't like that? Cya!