Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    A level 90 vs a low level is every bit as much of a battle as a level 90 vs a level 90. It might not be a "fair" battle, but if you wanted "fair" from world pvp, you were clearly misguided. The point of world PvP is that this is WARcraft, ergo two sides are at WAR. Its not called DUELcraft, its not called ArenaCraft, its not called BGCraft.

Should U.S. have abstained from bombing Iraq because it wasn't fair? Or Israel from bombing Palestine because its not fair? No. War is war, and everything is allowed.

PvP servers were originally made for people who relish that kind of environment, an immersive war, where everything goes. If you don't want to be ganked and bullied, you simply rolled on a wrong server, and should fix the mistake yourself, instead of begging Blizzard to ruin it for those of us who knew what we were doing.
    You're missing the point. A battle doesn't have to be 100% fair, but a low level vs a L90; that is like calling a tank devastating an unarmed village a battle... A battle implies something of resistance which is currently void. During leveling I was attacked by 2 similar level hordes. Hardly a 'fair' battle even more so I had 2-3 mobs on me at the time. This was fine with me because I at least was able to give a good fight back even if I hardly had a chance. Also I rolled a PvP server back then because I thought having a toggle was kinda dumb (and I still think that). PvP is part of the game, it's just that the way it works should be adapted.

- you get scaled down to the level of the player you attacked
    - flight is disabled
    - you are locked to the realm

All the above effects should be on a 5 minute lock or something and start the moment you engage in PvP, just like flagging works
    And in addition maybe make it possible to make a revenge list. If someone kills you multiple times, you can list them so you can force your char to be zoned into a zone where that person is at if you are near. Hell if he killed you 10 times or something you are allowed to track him.

Also I'll repeat: transferring is not an option for most people because it costs an unjustifiable amount of money especially if you have multiple chars.

I can't say it had a notable effect on my 'leveling experience'. (Since I am already on a high-pop realm, nothing changed economically) Had some lvl90 gankers while I was leveling my monk. As it turns out, they were actually *horrible* against other 90s. They usually got corpse-camped by my main/friends of mine a few times and it's not like I'm an avid pvper. Died a couple of times against same level players, but it was somewhat refreshing after kazillion repetitive and boring quests.

Can't find anything good to say about it either though. I did see more people, but it wouldn't matter if they were npcs instead.
    Last edited by laplacedemon; 2012-11-19 at 03:10 AM.

find some friends on another realm and ask them if you can level on there server.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    While you are right about what ganking is the differences today and "back when" are astronomical.
    world pvp was never intended to throw complete strangers against each other, never to see each other again, never to build a rivalry (or maybe even a friendship or at least mutual respect). Gank someone and fly away. Seeeee yaaaaaa. Yeah, actual flying mounts pretty much destroyed open pvp already but still, Blizzard finds ways to make it worse...

Sure, people who roll on pvp servers today should know better but that doesnt change the fact that CRZ is doing nothing at all to combat the real problem, only making new problems appear.
    I dunno about that, I remember leveling toons on my realm (PVP) from Wrath to now, both factions. Ganking was less frequent but still existed, and I made a black list of those people to keep an eye out for them and eventually get my revenge! But you know what, I never saw them again - once or twice maybe. If they were even still playing months later they probably never left SW/Org...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by galileoacosta View Post
    u picked PVP, deal with it QQer
    What does that have to do with people competing with quest mobs, rare spawns, gathering nodes and treasure chests?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Seriously.. What is wrong with people?
    Why are you playing an MMO if you don't want to deal with people?
    Folks can say the same when wholesale ganking going on, at the expense of the game itself.

What new player would enjoy seeing that as standard operating procedure in a MMO? EvE even curtails wholesale griefing by making it a very expensive to keep at it. Gate campers are reduced to salvage runs to try to keep the cost low, as losing tech 2 gear is p-a-i-n-f-u-l. Same with other MMOs, as the last thing these MMOs want is losing new blood.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    And this is the truth. There is nothing else to really say about the topic. Hearth somewhere else, play a different character, go do something else, call friends/other faction members over, or transfer servers - plenty of things you can do.
    While it is true they rolled a PVP server, the moment you are forest to stop what you are doing because of some retard, it becomes a disruption of game play. If people camping NPCs with the mammoths get in trouble these people should too. The tried and true cry of "PVP Server omg PVP happened!" is wearing thin. There is PVP, and their is out right bothersome trolling and griefing. It's just a shame blizzard shares the minds of those said trolls and griefers where PVP is concerned.

Sadly they don't have a decent mind for these kind of things, its why I don't play on a PVP Server because I don't have the patients to deal with morons. One feature I wish they would bring to WoW from Rift is the option to opt out of auto flagging at the price of not being able to attack guards and flagged players, it would make PVE servers better too imo. Tired of running past a town and having a guard hit ME and flagging me for PVP. That is as dumb imo.

As for the CRZ, they never should have added it to game in this state. It's obviously far from working and needs to be looked into more before giving us this piece of trash. Tried flying to Quel'danas but when I crossed into another zone it told me the old dungeon error: Transport Aborted - Instance Not Found. I was trapped on an FP that was flying under the world at that point. When I opened a ticket they blamed a Haunted Memento that was supposed to be in my bags. The only one I owned, was on another character, in her bags, in the back, on the other faction. -.-
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

The best free solution is to get a part invite from someone who plays on a PVE server (level range may have an impact if you are successfully xfered to PVE or not. I tried inviting myself with a level 1 on a 2nd acc, didn't xfer me. When a lvl 90 invited me, I xfered)

Deleted
    CRZ Is shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reminding everyone to post on-topic and with whatever constructive things you have to say about it. Multiple posts about how you have nothing to say about it will be considered spam and infracted.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    The best free solution is to get a part invite from someone who plays on a PVE server (level range may have an impact if you are successfully xfered to PVE or not. I tried inviting myself with a level 1 on a 2nd acc, didn't xfer me. When a lvl 90 invited me, I xfered)
    The transfer depends on the level and the group leader. you will be xfered to the realm of the highest level char in the group. if you are the same level, you will be xfered to the realm of the group leader. Dunno what happens if you have two 90s from different realms with you as a 89 or something as group leader though. And I'm not bored enough to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    On one hand, I really like it. It's nice going to Dal and Ironforge and seeing more than 2 people a day.

On the other hand, dismounting between zones and the obvious visual time change when you go
    from one zone to another are the types of things that make it not desirable.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    On one hand, I really like it. It's nice going to Dal and Ironforge and seeing more than 2 people a day.

On the other hand, dismounting between zones and the obvious visual time change when you go
    from one zone to another are the types of things that make it not desirable.
    Get used to it. It will be perfected in the future. (see phasing used in your farms).

-----

Cross realm play in the open world without a loading screen is going to be the backbone of every MMO expansion AND new (titan) launch coming from Blizzard.

It is too good to let it go as the possibilities of desgning a game for > 1 million people are too good compared to a 1 server game, where 300 are playing.

Every single server MMO died a very painful death in GROUPING while leveling just a few months after the masses zipped by and sat on an end game ...in a few places...

CRZ is the first step of ensuring massively played content from start to finish.

Incredible: this discussion is now about WoW being ... too crowded in zone levels 10 to 80 ...for some.

It sure proves Blizzard found a gold mine again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    If you no longer enjoy your experience on a PvP server all I have to say is, move along to a PvE one, there is no sense in staying on a PvP server if you no longer like it.

However, yes, if someone claims that you signed up for it then they are wrong, because nobody really signs up for anything by choosing a server, you do however have to live up to the consequences of the realm you do choose. Like for example the risk of being ganked on a PvP server, or the impossibility to attack an opposing faction player at will on a PvE server.
    I signed up for my server with a specific realm culture. My server was an alliance server. When I'm in MoP I know the PvP guilds, the top raiding guild on horde side, etc. Now all these doughnuts from 99% horde realm who I don't know and have no relation with are flying all over the place, and just when I engage in a pet battle they attack me which screws my UI/keybinds and is generally lame because pet battles is a form of non-action, tactical combat (PvP and PvE). That's why I play it. If I wanted action combat I'd go do that (PvP or PvE). But I found a solution for my problem: I'm using a second account with a horde character on a RP realm (generally with desolated CRZs) to play pet battles on.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    That what you get the moment you decide to play an MMO.
    No, it is not.

There are MMO where cooperation is stimulated, recommended, or downright required.

Where you don't have to join a party to be eligible for tag/loot (where tagging isn't the primary boss mechanic like it is on Galleon).

Where loot tables are individual (like it is in LFR).

Where resource nodes are individual instead of shared (furthermore suggesting you together kill the mobs guarding the node).

Where farming doesn't mean you just mount up and are overleveled/overgeared, both intended to skip the content surrounding the resource (downranking your level to the zone's appropriate level).

A game which does that is for example, Guild Wars 2.

Now whether that specific game or those systems are better or worse than World of Warcraft is a different discussion. But don't attribute those features you quoted to be part of MMORPG because they are not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Logging off, transferring to PVE, isn't an acceptable answer. That's admitting there is a problem with how the system is designed.
    Erm, no there isn't. Although I do not like PVP and therefore play PVE servers, I can understand the issues people feel, but utlimately it's not the problem with how the system is designed, but people should be more careful in selecting what kind of server they play. Also, I wonder how it takes several years to figure this out? And this would only happen mostly at lower levels.... It's not much loss of time to drop that character and start an new one on a PVE server.
    If yyou want to PVP you have to accept the good with the bad.

Beginning to understand the reasoning behind the satement I saw the other day where Blizzard almost said they regretted putting PVP into the game with all the issues and problems it brings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velde046 View Post
    Erm, no there isn't. Although I do not like PVP and therefore play PVE servers, I can understand the issues people feel, but utlimately it's not the problem with how the system is designed, but people should be more careful in selecting what kind of server they play.
    All that is moot with CRZ, because realms they did carefully chose to not resemble Wal-Mart became Wal-Mart overnight.

I chose a PvP realm for leveling alts after checking the raid and PvP progression (especially Rated BGs); how many players were on the server; what faction dominated; went over to sample the community and tradechat. A month later...BOOM...CRZ.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    ok last time im gona try

i am on a pvp server my friend is on a pve server we are both ;level 90 CRZ is NOT active on pandaria...so how can we grp up?

via battle tag or real id
    Yes we use realid But we also want to play together on different realms so we use CRZ

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I signed up for my server with a specific realm culture. My server was an alliance server. When I'm in MoP I know the PvP guilds, the top raiding guild on horde side, etc. Now all these doughnuts from 99% horde realm who I don't know and have no relation with are flying all over the place.

Now it's pretty much even then. I'm sure the Horde players are grateful to balance it out (less likely to get ganked if the population ratio is 1:1). If it was 99:1 I'd almost never want to leave Dalaran because I'd be sure that I'd never get help in a 99v1 fight (improbable, but if you're roaming around and your population is 99:1, that means you should theoretically see 99 Alliance per Horde) and people love to gang up and pick on people.

I will say though. I play on a PvP server with the expectation that there's always someone out to get me. I almost never attack anyone first, but if they try to gank me for no reason I'll gladly camp them for the rest of the day or the rest of the xpac. I know one guy Ally side who killed me twice while fighting mobs on my Horde character and after that I ended up camping him and killing him about 10 times before he found a 90 that would kill me for him after making up some BS thing about me just ganking and following him out of nowhere. Ended up talking to the Ally guy on my main and he agreed that the guy was a prick and wouldn't have saved him if he knew what was happening. :P I did promise the other guy that I would hunt him for the rest of the xpac for fun because it's not nice to gank people and cry about it if your plans go sour and you get served instead.

TL;DR They try to even out the population more which I think for a PvP realm is a good thing. It's bad to try to gank and get rolled and then cry about it.
    Last edited by TehBlkMage; 2012-11-19 at 10:11 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    pokemon stadium, digletts scare the fuck out of me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Get used to it. It will be perfected in the future. (see phasing used in your farms).

No need to be a dick about it mate... I wasn't saying get rid of it, just sharing what the ups and downs are for me.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    then you sir need to see a psychologist, there's nothing funny about ganking some1 that ur 20 lvls higher than or above
    And you need to be way less dramatic. A psychiatrist? You thinking he needs a psychiatrist automatically means you need to see one as well.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G