There simply comes a point where it's not "fun and games" (although still retarded) PVP and it crosses the line of making the game un-playable for the other person.
Logging off, transferring to PVE, isn't an acceptable answer. That's admitting there is a problem with how the system is designed and those are the steps to avoid the problem. Which means... the game became un-playable.
You don't always have to run back.
---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:57 PM ----------
“4chan once took on the FBI and won,” a Brony told the New York Observer, “so you might say that My Little Pony is more powerful than the FBI.” Sethisto
You can spirit res sure, then you have to wait 10 more minutes before you can actually do anything.
Hearthing... if you're being camped?
Logging off... seems to be that's making the game un-playable, no?
You log off because you want to, not because someone made you. Please, let's not turn the "made you" into semantics with the whole "they didn't hold a gun to your head" replies.
I'm loving CRZ, more people to kill. And no I don't corpse camp.
2. I know for a fact Blizzard allows camping over multiple hours as I was in a guild that would quite regularly take over the PvP vendor building in Orgrimmar (I forget the name) for 2-3 hours at a time on a very regular basis without so much as a single warning.
3. If there is an example of Blizzard taking action against a player for ganking/camping for an extended period of time on a PvP server, I would love to see a confirmation of this. I'm not saying it has never happened, I just doubt it has for reasons not including some sort of exploit/bug.
Why is it that for every legitimate complaint(bugs for example), there are no less then 8 people complaining about things that can be solved by not picking a PVP realm if they are adverse to PVP or not playing an MMO if they are adverse to human interaction?
Rolling on a PVP is an acceptable answer, when you're talking about multiple people killing you, when the same dude is doing it for 30+ minutes, it's not.
---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:02 AM ----------
You can spirit rez and join a dungeon... and do what bullshit around while waiting for the debuff?
You can spirit rez and join a battle... and... see above.
Oh, and btw I'm not on a PVP server because I KNEW things like that would and could happen. I'm just saying, I feel for these people getting camped multiple times over the course of an hour or so.
Last edited by alturic; 2012-11-16 at 05:03 AM.
2. anything is a deceptive term here. You can't kill things as well yes, but you can certainly move to a different zone, hand in some quests, queue up for dungeons/BGs, do professions, pet battles or anything else to pass the time. I would imagine it is better spent with rez sickness than repeatedly running back to your corpse and then ticketing blizzard.
3. Rez behind a tree and hearth. Rez at spirit healer and hearth. I didn't mean it specifically for when he is beating on you.
4. Logging off is a last resort, but is still preferable to running back for an hour. You have other characters to play remember.
I really wonder if any of you guys know what WoW used to be like. When entire zones were locked down by world pvp, and you had to perfect strategies to get out of being corpse camped.
Back when we didn't whine to Blizzard over every little thing, especially about PVP on PVP server.
What people did in the old days(which had a lot more ganking): X(lvl 30) gets killed by Y(lvl 60). X calls Z(lvl 60), Z kills Y. Y calls Y2, Y3, Y4. Z calls his friends. ----> World PvP War.
WOHOHOHO WHAT EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! YEAH
This will never be resolved, people will point out the flaws in this system and voice their opinions. The opposition will just say pvp server, you knew what you were getting into. Transfer to a pve server, then they might go off on a list of insults up to and possibly including telling you to uninstall the game and slash or die.
I've played on Blackrock US since launch and back then some guilds changed their names just so that it didnt stick out from behind trees. Ganking and corpsecamping was a prolific and very common part of the game.
And that was before the honor system even existed.
I knew early on that it wasn't going to be for me. Not the game, but the server choice I made. I've been on a pve server since. If new players are now coming to the conclusion that the server type isn't for them, they should seriously consider migrating over. If they're not new players and they're just now coming to this realization, well then I sincerely feel sorry for them and wonder how it possibly could have taken so long.
Either way, this shit's been in the game since it's birth, just not in such large quantity thanks to dwindling server population. It's always been the game.
Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.
Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet