Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The problem of the maniacal ganker camping one low level for 5 hours can be resolved in an easy way by Blizzard.


    Remember the "Disonorable Kills" in the old Vanilla WOW ?

    Put them back in . First 3 kills/hour of a guy with more then 10 levels under you - are free.

    Then if he don't atacked you first:

    The 4th one give you -100 honour points .
    The 5th kill -200.
    The 6th -400.
    Then -800. Then -1600. Untill you finished your gathered honour points.
    Then you continue losing the conquest points.
    After finishing the gathered conquest points , start going in negative value .

    I bet will be fun ganking a lvl 20 for 3 hours and ending with minus 15k conquest points and minus 20k honour points.

  2. #142
    Blademaster Labruja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    42
    The PvP ruleset was instituted by Blizzard at a time when there was a PvP solution for ganking and camping. This solution is no longer possible as the jerks who constantly disrupt play for lower levels exploit the fact that they can cross a zone boundary and be on another server the moment there is any possibility of retaliation. They are not there, as some would have you think, to provoke WPvP. They are there for one reason and one reason only: to annoy and disrupt someone else's play. Yes, they can log to their 90 (if they have one), but as I stated above, the ganker will only run for the closest zone point and wait for the 90 to get bored and leave and it's back to business as usual. Alternatively they can log to another character and deal with yet another group of jerks.

    There is no reason for lower levels who enjoy PvP to have to transfer to a PvE server. There is a very good reason indeed to fix the problem for once and for all. Most will not reroll and, in the present economic climate, most will not pay to transfer all their characters to a PvE server. Some will simply quit in disgust. So, to those who state that others should either transfer or quit: BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR, YOU MIGHT JUST GET IT. This type of mentality will only lead to low population PvP servers with the jerks in control.
    Last edited by Labruja; 2012-11-16 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Clarity

  3. #143
    @OP

    would you feel better if you were corpsecamped by someone from your own server?

  4. #144
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...
    There was a reason for that you couldn't transfer from the pve to pvp server earlier. Just because leveling on pvp server was harder, and trust me on vanilla's launch it was much harder than today even with CRZ.

    People wished for the world pvp and got it. So just be careful what you wish for because in the end you might be getting it.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i7-930 @ 4.01GHz mobo: Gigabyte X58A-UD5
    cooling: Scythe Mugen gpu: Gigabyte GTX-670 OC WF3X
    hdd: Samsung F1 and F3 ssd: Samsung 830 sound: X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: G.Skill GBRL 1600 display: CrossOver 27Q and EIZO FS2331

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i chose a pvp server too, because there are many good guilds and it is a crowded server. But i chose very carefully to go to a server where the faction i chose is 99% of players in that server, exactly to avoid alts being ganked. If i knew they would add CRZ, i would have chosen a pve server. Now im stuck there or have to pay to move.

    It doesnt matter how many times you say 'pvp happened in a pvp server', this system IS stupid. It only makes ganking efficient. No friends, no help for quests, nothing.
    I have friends across multiple servers. I can play with them now. CRZ is great.

    This system IS great. It makes my gameplay experience better. More friends, more help for quests, everything.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

  6. #146
    Herald of the Titans Agoonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    2,965
    CRZ sucks for more than getting ganked, we have to share rare spawns and gathering nodes. It's not like having more people around is going to be more fun. With random LFG and no group quests, it's rather pointless. If people really wanted to see more players, they could just move to a high populated server. I guess there's a lot of players that are lonely and like to gank/be ganked.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    You rolled on a pvp server and knew what could happen... So don't complain that your getting ganked when its pretty common to happen
    Like everyone knew 'PvP' meant getting one-shot constantly... Hell I didn't know when I made my first char back in TBC and even then it was a lot less common than now. I'm not against WPvP, but it seems all those gankers just don't seem to have a life. When I was leveling through un'goro I have been ganked about 6-7 times by people who have no business there and everyone on the same level leaves each other alone most of the time guessing they are just chicken to attack something they might lose to. Also CRZ has it's flaws in letting the wrong people in the zone. I play on a high-pop server with a high alliance concentration, which pretty much means most of the time zones get filled with Horde, which is fine, wouldn't it be for the fact it pretty much only dumps L90s in the zone and hardly any appropriate level people.

    Solution against this BS and finally have real WPvP:
    - you get scaled down to the level of the player you attacked
    - flight is disabled
    - you are locked to the realm

    All the above effects should be on a 5 minute lock or something and start the moment you engage in PvP, just like flagging works.

  8. #148
    I have been playing horde infested server since faction change came out, the PvP, the ganking etc was gone for years. CRZ is awesome, i simply smile by actually seeing an alliance player.. I never kill lowbies, or lvl 90 alliance players, unless they attack me first.

    And when i get killed/ganked by alliance i still smile, because i missed it alot. If they keep killing me over and over, i either log and kill them until they stop, or i go afk/log another char. - Still smiling! (Or well, sometimes i burn thier names in my head to bring full out revenge.. but that is why its fun!)

    I dont understand all the whine about CRZ. "I cant pick herbs/nods!" = Well everyone who have played on full/locked server couldnt do that since wow was released, (blame bots instead)
    And if you play on a PvP server, then get used to player vs playes combat (I know it sucks to hear, but you do play on PvP server)

  9. #149
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Haala,Nagrand
    Posts
    43
    World pvp is dead in WOTLK, only TBC and Vanilla had real ganking and corpse-camping.

    Why world pvp is dead?

    1)Dungeon finder exp too high = evryone leveling in dungeons instead of questing
    2)Leveling is too fast now evryone can get max lvl in few days
    3) Ghost running speed is too fast , in TBC ppl used to run in ghost form for 5mins to get resed
    4) Now evryone have tons of max level chars so he can log out if he getting camped and log another char
    5) ETC

    There is tons MMORPGS with ganking and world pvp but WOW is not one of them anymore
    Last edited by Luckx; 2012-11-16 at 11:38 AM.

  10. #150
    It is annoying how reflexive 'you got pvped on a pvp server derp' has become as a response to this. The truth is that this shouldn't justify highly obnoxious behavior. Personally I don't feel like the majority of players have any interest in playing with those who attempt to be the biggest trolls possible. Maybe Blizzard should implement an anti-trolling policy where characters engaging in obnoxious behavior are 'deported' to a server that has been designated for such players. When you get deported you are stuck there for a month, after which you can pay for your own server transfer back if you so desire.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    There is not a flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people. -Howard Zinn
    If trickle down economics is working, it's only because there is a damn leak somewhere! -The One Percent

  11. #151
    The Lightbringer Ermahgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,248
    Get on your main and kill him? Generally gankers aren't that skilled and don't know what to do while being pressured. Or you could ask them nicely to stop ganking you. Though that doesn't always work...

    Something I might suggest is getting the addon called "Spy" it's a bit outdated (4.2 :S) but it still works fine. It alerts you when there is an enemy player near you. You can even blacklist people so that the addon will alert you extra for those players.

    Edit: Oh and if you're being corpse ganked you could always try to CC the ganker. While there is a high chance he/she will either trinket or simply dodge your CC it has actually helped me quite some time as lowbie ^^

  12. #152
    I am Murloc! Thelxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    5,252
    To be fair, most people on PvP servers did not pick a PvP server with CRZ in mind.

    PvP servers pre CRZ =/ PvP servers post CRZ

  13. #153
    Welcome to the lively open world play of WoW, where empty worlds are a thing of the absolute past.

    It is a revolution in MMO land: no longer complete empty worlds after 4 months playing

    WOW !!!

  14. #154

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Get on your main and kill him? Generally gankers aren't that skilled and don't know what to do while being pressured. Or you could ask them nicely to stop ganking you. Though that doesn't always work...

    Something I might suggest is getting the addon called "Spy" it's a bit outdated (4.2 :S) but it still works fine. It alerts you when there is an enemy player near you. You can even blacklist people so that the addon will alert you extra for those players.

    Edit: Oh and if you're being corpse ganked you could always try to CC the ganker. While there is a high chance he/she will either trinket or simply dodge your CC it has actually helped me quite some time as lowbie ^^
    you didnt even read the thread

    none of these morons want to fight against other 90s
    they will pillage lowbie areas, killing all,
    when any lvl 90s show up for retaliation, the "world pvpers" change realm thru boundaries

    this is pvp right?
    its a complete mess, and until changes to accommodate the red is dead camping tards are made,
    there will continue to be complaints , and crz will continue to be abused by the asbo generation.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by Avar ize View Post
    without knowing blizzard would do this in the future...
    Because that same rogue couldn't have possibly been from his server if they didn't implement CRZ?

    Your fault entirely OP.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i chose a pvp server too, because there are many good guilds and it is a crowded server. But i chose very carefully to go to a server where the faction i chose is 99% of players in that server, exactly to avoid alts being ganked. If i knew they would add CRZ, i would have chosen a pve server. Now im stuck there or have to pay to move.

    It doesnt matter how many times you say 'pvp happened in a pvp server', this system IS stupid. It only makes ganking efficient. No friends, no help for quests, nothing.
    oh im sorry i didnt know pvp servers on an mmorpg means that you should be all alone and have no interaction what so ever with anybody that plays the game. Also you can level a new char on another realm if you dont want to shell out money so your not stuck you have option on how to deal with it. If you choose to play on a pvp server you knew going on there that you could and most likely be ganked or camped at some point in time, you have plenty of options to get your self away from it and if you choose none of the options, you cant complain

  18. #158
    Blademaster Labruja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Welcome to the lively open world play of WoW, where empty worlds are a thing of the absolute past.

    It is a revolution in MMO land: no longer complete empty worlds after 4 months playing

    WOW !!!
    No one is complaining that there are other players out in the world. That is not the issue. The issue is the fact that high level players are continually disrupting the play of low levels without any fear of repercussions. I agree that it's wonderful to have a populated world, but getting repeatedly ganked by level 90's who can't PvP at their own level (or anything below it that grants honor)? Not wonderful at all.

    If this carries on as it is, any possible influx of new blood on PvP servers is doubtful. Take a look at the server status page and you will realize that the only low population realms are PvP. It's a sad state of affairs when players don't see what they are doing and drive others away from playing on PvP servers without realizing that that will lead to their own realms dying a slow death.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    It doesn't matter what Blizzard planned in the future. You rolled on a PvP server, you get what you get.
    Well, though I agree with this, obviously (being on a PvP realm myself, PvP, getting ganked, camped, etc., is exactly what I expect), the problem (that I have found so far) is that there's no repercussions for gankers. Before, notable gankers and campers would get infamous and as a result kos for many people - it was a selfregulating thing. Now, the chances that I ever meet said ganker or camper again is next to zero. This leads to completely uncontrolled behaviour, much like xrealm LFD affected looting behaviour - there's no repercussions, ever.

    That's my main issue with it, other than that I'm completely fine with crzs, to be honest (and yes, I leveled quite some alts since).

  20. #160
    Mechagnome Mengucekli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Where i lay my head is home..
    Posts
    581
    Crz is an easily abused technology, and it is lowering the quality of the game. It should be fixed to protect lower level players from the top level players. I encountered some 90 people that only killed quest npcs and low level players, and evade if opposing 90 players come in the frame. Some people claim that you should change the questing location, but if you are a level 58-60 there is no where else to go but hellfire peninsula. What to do then, stop playing? Why should people stop playing their characters and their payed play time for Blizzard put some ridiculous technology? This is retarded to demand. There are many easy fixes to that situation. Blizzard can implement one to protect low level players. It is not about world pvp or pvp server. This is an obvious abuse. And let me tell you one more thing guys, especially to those talk about it being a pvp server and shit, pvp/pve/rp server difference belongs to 8 years old design basis of vanilla wow, where you would not have flying mounts and alternativeless leveling hubs. It was a long time ago and stuff changed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •