Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    It takes on average 30-90 seconds to run back. This means that being "camped" for 5 minutes is you being killed three or four times in a row.

I would love to see you submit that as a ticket on a PvP server, it would give the GMs a good laugh for roughly the same amount of time that you were being "camped".

In vanilla I once kept a guy polymorphed for 4 minutes straight. Even THAT isn't griefing (I was about 14 at the time and easily amused).

As said earlier in this thread, the kind of "griefing" that leads to bans etc are multiple hours over multiple days, or at the very least a few solid hours in a row.

Getting killed a handful of times when you could have just as easily dungeon queued, spirit rez'd, hearthstoned or logged off is not ticket-worthy in the slightest.
    I pulled 5-10 minutes out of my ass. Sue me. People know what I mean. :P

There simply comes a point where it's not "fun and games" (although still retarded) PVP and it crosses the line of making the game un-playable for the other person.

Logging off, transferring to PVE, isn't an acceptable answer. That's admitting there is a problem with how the system is designed and those are the steps to avoid the problem. Which means... the game became un-playable.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know damn well Blizzard has an internal policy (my 5-10 minutes seems way over the "limit" with just how long is "acceptable") with just how long it's considered PVP and when it goes over that line. Can you imagine someone putting a ticket in saying you've been spawn killed for an hour?
    I would imagine Blizzard would laugh at this gullible idiot who never wondered what "resurrect at spirit healer" meant.

You don't always have to run back.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:57 PM ----------

There simply comes a point where it's not "fun and games" (although still retarded) PVP and it crosses the line of making the game un-playable for the other person.

Logging off, transferring to PVE, isn't an acceptable answer. That's admitting there is a problem with how the system is designed and those are the steps to avoid the problem. Which means... the game became un-playable.
    Well, you rolled on a PVP server is an acceptable answer. But that aside, see the above. Rez at spirit healer. Problem solved.

Deleted

ress times can increase to 5 or so minutes so at that point people can just go to a different zone, or dungeon or bg :P

Getting killed a handful of times when you could have just as easily dungeon queued, spirit rez'd, hearthstoned or logged off is not ticket-worthy in the slightest.
    You can dungeon queue as a ghost now? <--- being serious

You can spirit res sure, then you have to wait 10 more minutes before you can actually do anything.

Hearthing... if you're being camped?

Logging off... seems to be that's making the game un-playable, no?

You log off because you want to, not because someone made you. Please, let's not turn the "made you" into semantics with the whole "they didn't hold a gun to your head" replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving CRZ, more people to kill. And no I don't corpse camp.

The "essence" of the game isn't L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y making the game completely un-playable to the other party. If it's been happening for 5-10+ minutes and the dude can't even fucking spawn and hearth that's greifing... it's not simple "PVP" at that point. You know damn well Blizzard has an internal policy (my 5-10 minutes seems way over the "limit" with just how long is "acceptable") with just how long it's considered PVP and when it goes over that line. Can you imagine someone putting a ticket in saying you've been spawn killed for an hour? If they honestly tell people "sorry, that's part of the game, but if you pay us $25 we can glady transfer you to a PVE server" I want to see a screenshot of it, and I will cancel my account. That is the epitome of piss poor game design.
    1. Part of the "essence" of a PvP server is that you and your faction need to protect yourselves from your enemies, not have mommy Blizzard stop the mean old bullies.

2. I know for a fact Blizzard allows camping over multiple hours as I was in a guild that would quite regularly take over the PvP vendor building in Orgrimmar (I forget the name) for 2-3 hours at a time on a very regular basis without so much as a single warning.

3. If there is an example of Blizzard taking action against a player for ganking/camping for an extended period of time on a PvP server, I would love to see a confirmation of this. I'm not saying it has never happened, I just doubt it has for reasons not including some sort of exploit/bug.

Why is it that for every legitimate complaint(bugs for example), there are no less then 8 people complaining about things that can be solved by not picking a PVP realm if they are adverse to PVP or not playing an MMO if they are adverse to human interaction?

I would imagine Blizzard would laugh at this gullible idiot who never wondered what "resurrect at spirit healer" meant.

You don't always have to run back.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:57 PM ----------

Well, you rolled on a PVP server is an acceptable answer. But that aside, see the above. Rez at spirit healer. Problem solved.
    So, let's rez at a spirit healer and then... not play for 10 minutes.

Rolling on a PVP is an acceptable answer, when you're talking about multiple people killing you, when the same dude is doing it for 30+ minutes, it's not.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 12:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akarui View Post
    ress times can increase to 5 or so minutes so at that point people can just go to a different zone, or dungeon or bg :P
    So, let me spirit rez (assuming you mean that) goto a different zone (hopefully the guy doesn't get on his mount and try finding you, hey if you're a dick enough to spawn camp someone, you'd be a dick enough to /tar playername on a mount) and then wait for the debuff to wear off.

You can spirit rez and join a dungeon... and do what bullshit around while waiting for the debuff?

You can spirit rez and join a battle... and... see above.

Oh, and btw I'm not on a PVP server because I KNEW things like that would and could happen. I'm just saying, I feel for these people getting camped multiple times over the course of an hour or so.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-11-16 at 05:03 AM.

1. You can dungeon queue as a ghost now? <--- being serious

2. You can spirit res sure, then you have to wait 10 more minutes before you can actually do anything.

3. Hearthing... if you're being camped?

4. Logging off... seems to be that's making the game un-playable, no?
    1. Yes. When you get accepted simply res and teleport, they cant literally kill you in under a second.

2. anything is a deceptive term here. You can't kill things as well yes, but you can certainly move to a different zone, hand in some quests, queue up for dungeons/BGs, do professions, pet battles or anything else to pass the time. I would imagine it is better spent with rez sickness than repeatedly running back to your corpse and then ticketing blizzard.

3. Rez behind a tree and hearth. Rez at spirit healer and hearth. I didn't mean it specifically for when he is beating on you.

4. Logging off is a last resort, but is still preferable to running back for an hour. You have other characters to play remember.

I really wonder if any of you guys know what WoW used to be like. When entire zones were locked down by world pvp, and you had to perfect strategies to get out of being corpse camped.

Back when we didn't whine to Blizzard over every little thing, especially about PVP on PVP server.

Deleted
    What people did in the old days(which had a lot more ganking): X(lvl 30) gets killed by Y(lvl 60). X calls Z(lvl 60), Z kills Y. Y calls Y2, Y3, Y4. Z calls his friends. ----> World PvP War.

WOHOHOHO WHAT EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! YEAH

So, let me spirit rez (assuming you mean that) goto a different zone (hopefully the guy doesn't get on his mount and try finding you, hey if you're a dick enough to spawn camp someone, you'd be a dick enough to /tar playername on a mount) and then wait for the debuff to wear off.

You can spirit rez and join a dungeon... and do what bullshit around while waiting for the debuff?

You can spirit rez and join a battle... and... see above.
    Way to interpret this as shallowly as possible. Not only do you assume the spirit healer is right next to where you were fighting, but you are also suggesting that dungeon/bg queues are magically instantaneous. Really I see no point arguing when you do such a good job of undercutting your credibility without my help.

10+ Year Old Account
    This will never be resolved, people will point out the flaws in this system and voice their opinions. The opposition will just say pvp server, you knew what you were getting into. Transfer to a pve server, then they might go off on a list of insults up to and possibly including telling you to uninstall the game and slash or die.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    If he's been camping you for hours then report him, its harassment.
    I dont get why pvp server translates to "free to act like a psychotic asshole". Yeah online is free speech and whatnot, but in communities, there's usually rules and boundaries so there isnt a shitstorm of crap. People should be trying to play the game with each other, not trying to ruin each other's day.

1. Yes. When you get accepted simply res and teleport, they cant literally kill you in under a second.

2. anything is a deceptive term here. You can't kill things as well yes, but you can certainly move to a different zone, hand in some quests, queue up for dungeons/BGs, do professions, pet battles or anything else to pass the time. I would imagine it is better spent with rez sickness than repeatedly running back to your corpse and then ticketing blizzard.

3. Rez behind a tree and hearth. Rez at spirit healer and hearth. I didn't mean it specifically for when he is beating on you.

4. Logging off is a last resort, but is still preferable to running back for an hour. You have other characters to play remember.

I really wonder if any of you guys know what WoW used to be like. When entire zones were locked down by world pvp, and you had to perfect strategies to get out of being corpse camped.

Back when we didn't whine to Blizzard over every little thing, especially about PVP on PVP server.
    Hmm, back at launch, again don't play on a PVP server, but I don't think I was EVER camped when in contested zones. I'm on probably the highest PVE pop server there is in the US too. Was I attacked? Sure. I wasn't camped or felt the need to log off over it too though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooindathor View Post
    What people did in the old days(which had a lot more ganking): X(lvl 30) gets killed by Y(lvl 60). X calls Z(lvl 60), Z kills Y. Y calls Y2, Y3, Y4. Z calls his friends. ----> World PvP War.

WOHOHOHO WHAT EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! YEAH
    Exactly. The best world PvP battles I've been a part of have always began because a big guy picked on a little guy. Little guy gets his friends. Big guy gets his friends. It's on.

Hmm, back at launch, again don't play on a PVP server, but I don't think I was EVER camped when in contested zones. I'm on probably the highest PVE pop server there is in the US too. Was I attacked? Sure. I wasn't camped or felt the need to log off over it too though.
    Ofcourse you were never camped on a PVE server. I have no idea how that could even happen unless you are some kind of idiot.

I've played on Blackrock US since launch and back then some guilds changed their names just so that it didnt stick out from behind trees. Ganking and corpsecamping was a prolific and very common part of the game.

And that was before the honor system even existed.

Way to interpret this as shallowly as possible. Not only do you assume the spirit healer is right next to where you were fighting, but you are also suggesting that dungeon/bg queues are magically instantaneous. Really I see no point arguing when you do such a good job of undercutting your credibility without my help.
    I didn't say nor think they were magically instantaneous, actually at low-levels they are even worse than at max level, unless you are a tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and btw I'm not on a PVP server because I KNEW things like that would and could happen. I'm just saying, I feel for these people getting camped multiple times over the course of an hour or so.
    My first server was a PVP server. Early into my experience, I realized I was way too nice for it. I was helping members of the other factions just to have them turn around and kill me. I'd get camped at graveyards, log off for a while, come back and get camped some more. This was seven and a half years ago.

I knew early on that it wasn't going to be for me. Not the game, but the server choice I made. I've been on a pve server since. If new players are now coming to the conclusion that the server type isn't for them, they should seriously consider migrating over. If they're not new players and they're just now coming to this realization, well then I sincerely feel sorry for them and wonder how it possibly could have taken so long.

Either way, this shit's been in the game since it's birth, just not in such large quantity thanks to dwindling server population. It's always been the game.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I dont get why pvp server translates to "free to act like a psychotic asshole". Yeah online is free speech and whatnot, but in communities, there's usually rules and boundaries so there isnt a shitstorm of crap. People should be trying to play the game with each other, not trying to ruin each other's day.
    Rules and boundaries are more like general guidelines. In a game specifically about a giant war between two factions, there will always be those who feel that red = dead.

How does the saying go? "All is fair in love and war...craft."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    Exactly. The best world PvP battles I've been a part of have always began because a big guy picked on a little guy. Little guy gets his friends. Big guy gets his friends. It's on.
    this +9chars