Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    getting spawned camped and instakilled is not world pvp or pvp. Its griefing and its against the ToS. specialy if it happens for over an hour.

Contact gms with the rogues name and tell them to sort it out and link the ToS and rule number 1. If they refuse to do anything about it. tell them you want to talk to their supervisor because they are breaking their own rules.

Happy days

The problem with CRZ is the system is not intuitive at all. There isn't really a problem with tossing a few low population servers together to make the game enjoyable and more social. Now, the problem with the system is it takes servers that are completely full and lumps them in with tons of these low and medium population servers (and, inexplicably, even with other completely full servers). Therefore, yeah, CRZ is fucking retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    That doesn't answer the question though. If you don't enjoy World PvP, then why did you join a PvP Server?
    And the answer to that is "That's none of your fucking business". OP has no reason whatsoever to justify himself. When he subscribed to a Blizzard service, that service was diametrally different from what it is now after CRZ.

On the other hand complaining about it will not help. Blizzard understands only one language: unsubscribe, give "CRZ" as reason. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    The problem with CRZ is the system is not intuitive at all. There isn't really a problem with tossing a few low population servers together to make the game enjoyable and more social. Now, the problem with the system is it takes servers that are completely full and lumps them in with tons of these low and medium population servers (and, inexplicably, even with other completely full servers). Therefore, yeah, CRZ is fucking retarded.
    It's done by zone not by server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    That doesn't answer the question though. If you don't enjoy World PvP, then why did you join a PvP Server? Cross-Realm Zone or not, World PvP as is being seen today has always been possible.
    Because they've gone from fun world PvP where people stood a chance to being overwhelmed by a huge faction/level imbalance and ruining the game play experience.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    So: PvP happened on a PvP server, and people are mad about it? Wasn't this hashed out way back in vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    And the answer to that is "That's none of your fucking business". OP has no reason whatsoever to justify himself. When he subscribed to a Blizzard service, that service was diametrally different from what it is now after CRZ.

On the other hand complaining about it will not help. Blizzard understands only one language: unsubscribe, give "CRZ" as reason. Done.
    The 'service' is what it was meant to be. CRZ brings the populations of zones to what they were designed for. Complaining about getting killed on a PvP server is ridiculous, if he has a problem, jump on a main, call some guild mates, ask in General Chat or do what i did when I got sick of PvP servers, transfer to PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    what the OP described isn't PvP. Report the player if they are spawn camping you for hours. It's against the ToS
    ROFL no.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

Corpse camping.
    Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    Killing players well below your level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I play on a PVP server, so I'm used to getting ganked and ganking others. However, after CRZ zones were introduced, all that's happening is that I and others are getting respawn camped by a bunch of level 90 shitheads.

I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...

I have spent the last 2 hours being spawn camped. I literally cannot respawn without being one shot by this cunt rogue who has been here for fucking two hours.

Seriously, I can't blame the kids who are botting their way to 90. Don't blame them at all. This isn't fun.
    Taking the thread title, and this rant..
    You are not a kid yourself? are you sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    Actually you can't correlate the two. The forums are a biased minority. According to Funcom the industry standard of forum participators is about .5% of players. And of those posters they are usually people who want to complain about something. Statistics say if some one is unhappy with something they will tell at least 10 other peope about it. If someone is happy with something they will tell 2-3 people. The people happy with CRZ most likely express that in game to others and do not come to the forums about it. People unhappy with CRZ bitch like crazy ingame and on the forums. So taking any type of temperature about anything from a game forums cannot be considered a valid pool since it is a biased minority.
    I get that, I even noted it in the post you quoted. I wasn't using the forums as proof. The daily-thing can't be proven to be fact for everyone, but I myself, as a Cata/Wrath daily enthusiast, don't like MoP's dailies for some reason, so I kinda take offense how dismissing Blizzard's attitude has been in the responses so far. Same with the CRZ, they just dismiss the backlash as nonsensical rubbish. But, as I said, the problems with CRZ can be seen/felt ingame by anyone. The impact to ones gameplay surely differs, but negative things are still negative for everyone at least on some level. The issue of rising WPVP is debatable, probably more in favor of PVP-enthusiasts, but people of foreign servers appearing in your world not only kill you, but they also take your mining nodes, your rares and your quest mobs, and they don't benefit your server's economy at all. They are like foreign invaders.

Blizzard's answer to this? 'Whoopdidoo, we never intended you to enjoy this game too much.' That's a caricature of what they said and I for one think it's a terrible answer! They let you play with a toy for years, then take it away, tear of a small piece and give that piece to you, saying you weren't supposed to have the whole toy. That's bullshit, pure and simple. The benefits of CRZ from our perspective is more World PVP and no more empty-feeling world. Mhm, the world isn't empty anymore, it's filled with foreign invaders who take what should be yours or your compatriots' and you can't interact with them like you can with your own people.

That is my gripe with CRZ, but even more I'm peeved at Blizzard's attitude in all this. It's great they have teeth to bite at all the people who complain about actual nonsense, but it seems lately they have began to bite everyone, which is why I feel they are loosing their connection to the playerbase.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    The novelty will wear off soonish and the ganking will go back to decent levels. It won't disappear entirely, but it'll be more like classic WoW most likely which is a lot better than the last 2 expansions where PvP never happened on PvP servers.
    I love CRZ. After raids, I'll log on to my 85 Horde mage who's parked in Duskwood and take 15-20 minutes to remind the lowbies that they rolled on a PVP server. Highly fun, and when their level 90 buddies arrive, I peace out for the night.

CRZ is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    If your idea of fun is attacking Thrallmar and Hellfire for four to five hours at a time on level 90's in order to stop people from leveling or camping the Dark Portal for hours, I pity you. Why should anyone be able to ruin the game for others? You think complaints will ruin your game? What about the players who are being camped for hours on end? Is their fun any less important than yours?
    Actually no, I level alts. I enjoy the thrill of someone out there ready to attack me and being able to turn around an ambush. I used to play on a PvP server but my guild and friends moved, so I miss world-PvPing. Now that CRZ is in I can use that with someone on real-ID (my brother for example) who plays a PvP server. I don't gank low levels, as I play in areas at my current level.

I think people complaining about such things when they can just stop going into high pop areas or move off of PvP servers* is bad, and they often do ruin the game because of their stupidity.
    * - (opposite of what I do, real ID to a PvE server if they can't transfer)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    The 'service' is what it was meant to be.
    Err no. Your opinion of what "it was meant to be" is worthless. So is mine. So is the OPs.
    The service is however not what it has been the last six or seven years. Not even remotely close. That's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Because they've gone from fun world PvP where people stood a chance to being overwhelmed by a huge faction/level imbalance and ruining the game play experience.
    I disagree. They've gone from no PVP due to faction imbalances on many realms to the game as it was intended to be played.

Empty/imbalanced servers were the bug. CRZ is the bug fix and the game is now working as intended. People who thrived on the bugged state always complain after it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I find this kind of funny. My primary server (Sargeras) is almost ridiculously imbalanced. Wow realm pop says its 4:1 a:h ratio but I swear its more like double that. I play alliance and honestly, I don’t even participate in ganking because I just flat out feel bad. Every time im out doing dailies it’s the same thing…1 horde guy getting raped by 5+ alliance just for being there. Horde NEVER attack me when im out and about, because they know if they do 4 or 5 other alliance players will pop up out of nowhere and they’ll just be flatlined. They live in fear all the time.

So where is the justice for them? What I find extremely refreshing about CRZ is that Sargeras’ battlegroup is horde-heavy. Servers like Arthas are way imbalanced towards Horde’s favor. So when im out and about on an alt there are horde EVERYWHERE in the pre-mop zones. Its very refreshing to actually be surprise attacked again, and have some world pvp happening that I don’t have to feel bad about because its just a zerg of allies facerolling a helpless horde player.

I just don’t see your argument as valid because everything, including the imbalance part, can and does happen on regular servers without CRZ involved. CRZ just populates what was an extremely underpopulated world. And personally, I love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem with this debate is people need to distinguish what a problem with CRZ's is, and what a problem with PvP servers and ganking in general is.
    Being up in arms because you get ganked has more to do with PvP servers and players than to do CRZ's as all the CRZ's did was populate zones that otherwise may have been empty for one faction as has been the case for years on PvP servers and because of this resulted in the tag becoming redundant.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-16 at 04:02 PM.

Okay gonna say this in caps, possibly infracted/banned but still. This is the bottom line:

THERE IS NO REASON OR CLAIM THAT HE WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GANKED WITH OR WITHOUT CRZ.

That rogue (or ANY ganker) could have been FROM HIS SERVER, even if CRZ wasn't around. Campers aren't a new thing brought to you by CRZ™

His rant wouldn't have existed if he was getting camped by his own server. He would have taken it as PvP. He is taking advantage of the CRZ hate to gain pity and/or get people to agree with him.

Also, I can damn guarantee you that as soon as he dings 90, he will gank. He will gank for hours.

My 2 copper.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by wowhelicase View Post
    I love CRZ. After raids, I'll log on to my 85 Horde mage who's parked in Duskwood and take 15-20 minutes to remind the lowbies that they rolled on a PVP server. Highly fun, and when their level 90 buddies arrive, I peace out for the night.

CRZ is fun!
    Though I'm on a PVE server, so I can only sit back and laugh.I do hope that all the PvP servers see that kind of behavior grow and grow I hope they open up level 1 zones, so 90s can camp people who just log into the game for the first time. I hope guilds dedicate themselves to killing quest mobs 24 hours a day 7 days a week. We need those people to show the rest of us what REAL PVP is. Killing anything that moves. Fish in a Barrel! Candy from babies!

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Err no. Your opinion of what "it was meant to be" is worthless. So is mine. So is the OPs.
    The service is however not what it has been the last six or seven years. Not even remotely close. That's all that matters.
    This is from the Devs, not from me. Server populations are being brought up to what the game was designed for with CRZ, hence what it was meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It will be said over and over...

You rolled on a pvp server.
    I did not roll on ALL the pvp servers. At least not until CRZ.