Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    OP I sympathise with your position. Don't expect many to on this forum though, the lack of empathy is sometimes astounding.

The game is completely different from the small communities it was when WoW launched. Back in the day, gankers like this would have been blacklisted and added to many KoS lists. These days, you may not even be able to figure out what server the guy is from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Also, I can damn guarantee you that as soon as he dings 90, he will gank. He will gank for hours.
    Exactly. It's because he's on the receiving end and he can't handle it. You'll never see a post saying "OMG GUYS, EVER SINCE CRZ, I'VE BEEN SPAWN CAMPING LOW LEVEL PLAYERS FOR AGES, FIX THIS ASAP!" - because that has happened since release day. People gank and get ganked, CRZ is irrelevant.

It's just someone who's clearly more suited to a PvE server having a bit of a moan. If only Blizzard had introduced a new feature called "Spirit Healer" in place of CRZ, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Eremiel View Post
    I did not roll on ALL the pvp servers. At least not until CRZ.
    What does this mean? You rolled on a PvP server, you can't roll on all of them. If you're talking about servers being merged with CRZ then your point is moot because the same rules still apply, you're just dealing with more people, as it was meant to be. You do know what the second M in MMO means right?

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    OP I sympathise with your position. Don't expect many to on this forum though, the lack of empathy is sometimes astounding.

The game is completely different from the small communities it was when WoW launched. Back in the day, gankers like this would have been blacklisted and added to many KoS lists. These days, you may not even be able to figure out what server the guy is from.
    You won't be able to figure out what server he's from if you can't read.

I'm not supporting ganking but I also don't condone people complaining about getting ganked after rolling on a PvP server.

Deleted
    Back in the day, gankers like this would have been blacklisted and added to many KoS lists.
    Why does the community need to provide "empathy" when in-game solutions already exist to combat spawn camping? KoS is an in-game solution to ganking.
    So is spirit res.

He chose to be a victim for 2 hours. You can't turn around at that point and expect the community to say "there there, it's against the ToS, it'll be okay". Although it seems some people have already done that, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    What does this mean? You rolled on a PvP server, you can't roll on all of them. If you're talking about servers being merged with CRZ then your point is moot because the same rules still apply, you're just dealing with more people, as it was meant to be. You do know what the second M in MMO means right?
    Would you care to remind readers why Blizzard shipped with individual realm servers and not just one almighty large PvP realm?

i love "you rolled on pvp server" lvl 90 ganking lvl 77 is proper pvp. thats whats wrong with this game. its not blizzard and their bad calls its that game is full of assholes. assholes they are not able to do anything but trying to genk. was lvling in hp and 4dks were destryong hh. loged my main, who is warrior, and killed all 4 of em. thats how misserybale they were. so "you rolled on pvp server" its bullshit. blizzard should punish players who are doing that. but its same with bots. 15$ is 15$. nvm they will loose 15$ from players that are not enjoining that

Deleted
    Would you care to remind readers why Blizzard shipped with individual realm servers and not just one almighty large PvP realm?
    How is this point relevant to the fact that you are subject to hostile player actions at any time on a PvP server?

Comments like this are complicating the discussion. It has nothing to do with CRZ. If you can't handle yourself on a PvP server, don't roll on one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Why does the community need to provide "empathy" when in-game solutions already exist to combat spawn camping? KoS is an in-game solution to ganking.
    So is spirit res.

He chose to be a victim for 2 hours. You can't turn around at that point and expect the community to say "there there, it's against the ToS, it'll be okay". Although it seems some people have already done that, sadly.
    How do you know he wasn't spirit rezzing when he got ganked? Its not hard to find a graveyard, and you can't outrun a flying mount. As for empathy, a little compassion would be refreshing. Some people's seem to think snide remarks on the internet actually make you look clever, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

You don't seem to understand. When the game shipped many people were leveling. Zones had actual populations rather than just one or two people leveling and the random person wandering through. CRZ didn't just make "one almighty large PvP realm" it brought zone populations back up to their intended level.

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    How is this point relevant to the fact that you are subject to hostile player actions at any time on a PvP server?

Comments like this are complicating the discussion. It has nothing to do with CRZ. If you can't handle yourself on a PvP server, don't roll on one.
    Except it has everything to do with the CRZ discussion. Its the same reason why people grief and ninja in random dungeons, except now it's being rolled out across the whole of Azeroth and influencing World PvP. The fact you can't see the link is not my problem.

Deleted
    How do you know he wasn't spirit rezzing when he got ganked? Its not hard to find a graveyard, and you can't outrun a flying mount. As for empathy, a little compassion would be refreshing. Some people's seem to think snide remarks on the internet actually make you look clever, when nothing could be farther from the truth.
    Once again you choose to complicate the discussion. Who's making snide remarks and what has empathy got to do with the OP's post?

He rolled on a PvP realm. When you roll PvP you accept certain circumstances will be in place - that it's pretty much a free-for-all, up to and including spawn camping the opposite faction.

There are MANY in-game solutions for dealing with that. That's exactly why Blizzard has always taken a non-interventionist stance.

If you can't handle PvP realms without appealing to the "community" or Blizzard, don't roll there.

Nothing to do with CRZ.

Yeah, the OP calling people cunts and retards really made me sympathize with him.
    He could have logged out, wait, move on. He chose to get ganked. He also chose to make this thread.

He also chose a pvp realm.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Casthiel View Post
    i chose a pvp server too, because there are many good guilds and it is a crowded server. But i chose very carefully to go to a server where the faction i chose is 99% of players in that server, exactly to avoid alts being ganked.
    "I chose a PvP server because I thought the guilds there were good, and chose my faction so I could dominate the other side. Now I have to play PvP as intended."

Cry more.

Deleted
    I have every sympathy.

Few things

1) You joined a PVP server so suck it up, you say? Yes. 1 server. Not 15 of them merging together on the fly. Every server has an angwe type or two, but not dozens of them. Stick multiple servers together and you have several unavoidable angwes at all times.

2) Pvp servers have been a world pvp joke for at least 4 years, if not longer. If you were to have started up your toon at any time up until the week before mop released, your experience and therefore expectation of a pvp server was maybe having to fight over a mining node once every 3 weeks. Finding a wprld fight would actually have required some effort or imagination. Not having max level players one shot you over and over with no let up.

3) Maybe you are like me and joined a pvp during vanilla. Remember those times? No flying mounts mean avoiding world pvp was as easy as line of sighting your would be ganker. Good luck doing that now, the buzzards circle you endlessly. And yes, SS/TM was loads of fun....but you could walk away from it any time you liked.

4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.

CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 relatively peaceful years.

Deleted
    Except it has everything to do with the CRZ discussion. Its the same reason why people grief and ninja in random dungeons, except now it's being rolled out across the whole of Azeroth and influencing World PvP. The fact you can't see the link is not my problem.
    You seem to imply that people "grief" (and by that you mean "follow normal behaviour patterns of PvP realms") because they know they can get away with it thanks to CRZ.

The flaw in your argument is that most players don't choose to lie there and take it for 2 hours and then moan on the forums. With or without CRZ.

As many people have pointed out, "griefing" is going to exist with or without CRZ. Your only choice as a player is how you deal with it. You can't control other players' actions, only your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    4) Maybe the big one if you are still genuinely into your world pvp. When RandomDwarf from <Whatguild?> from the server <Fuckknows!> kills you, you might never see him ever again. You can't do the old vanilla thing of finding the stumpy little shit in IF and offing him while he was doing his Ahing.
    Thats attempting to grief him while he's in a safe zone. PvP is fighting another player...prefferably under equal cercumstances in a battle of skill and wits and survival! Not... *gank* "HAHA NOOB!" *log off* T______T

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep putting tickets in, wasting there time until they realise how retarded the system is.

CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 no world PvP years.
    ftfy. You are basically saying that no PvP is better than some PvP.

The real solution to ganking is to start fighting back. Not by hunting someone down when they are not paying attention. Maybe if people actually started PvPing on a PvP server, then the issue would be less? Gankers love it right now because most people on PvP servers just roll over and complain instead of trying to actually respond.

Deleted
    Stop QQ, we finally have a living world, if you get camped, just log out for a while...

I have every sympathy.

Few things

1) You joined a PVP server so suck it up, you say? Yes. 1 server. Not 15 of them merging together on the fly. Every server has an angwe type or two, but not dozens of them. Stick multiple servers together and you have several unavoidable angwes at all times.

2) Pvp servers have been a world pvp joke for at least 4 years, if not longer. If you were to have started up your toon at any time up until the week before mop released, your experience and therefore expectation of a pvp server was maybe having to fight over a mining node once every 3 weeks. Finding a wprld fight would actually have required some effort or imagination. Not having max level players one shot you over and over with no let up.

3) Maybe you are like me and joined a pvp during vanilla. Remember those times? No flying mounts mean avoiding world pvp was as easy as line of sighting your would be ganker. Good luck doing that now, the buzzards circle you endlessly. And yes, SS/TM was loads of fun....but you could walk away from it any time you liked.

CRZ has all the shit bits of world pvp without the really good stuff. Faceless, unavoidable ganking that's arrived as if from nowhere after 4 or 5 relatively peaceful years.

I agree with you in principle, but the reality is that CRZ brought some world pvp action back, at least.

I play on a server that is so horde dominated that alliance players are a very, very, very rare sight. Now that our CRZ includes Sargeras, a server that is the opposite, and its a very refreshing change to see action in the world.