Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    There was world pvp in TBC comparable to the CRZ level?

Not even remotely.
    Yeah I found hellfire in BC generally around the same level of action as now, from my experiance at least.

You can't complain...you're on a PvP server. There are no rules when it comes to ganking. Do a server transfer to a non-pvp realm.

Welcome to the living breathing WORLD of Warcraft

The game is 8 years old and has more populated world zones than all other MMO's combined

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Welcome to the living breathing WORLD of Warcraft

The game is 8 years old and has more populated world zones than all other MMO's combined
    welcome to the world of BenBos. any change that Blizzard make is ground breaking and awesome. anyone complaining about it is a deluded hater.

BenBos is also 8 years old. possibly.

Let's make points about the topic without getting personal - ML.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-11-16 at 09:54 PM.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

I enjoy Cross-Realm alot, brings a bit more life into dead zones. Okay, maybe also means you wont be able to do quests just as fast but atleast you see people. I find this a good idea, and the only ones whom seem to dislike this idea alot is the ones whom picked PvP realms. You already knew that there would be ganking on your server, cross-realm didn't change much of it, still gankers and campers. If you dislike it too much, then Blizzard do offer free realm transfer now and then, move to a PvE realm.

Gankers can't be avoided, gankers are created by gankers. Ancient rule back from TBC. You can just hope some people are more directed towards their goal, but still, it's a PvP realm. "If it's red, it's dead" - "If it's blue, fuck you" - basic mentallity of many PvP servers.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

You are on a pvp server and you whine about being ganked? Back in vanilla I opened my first char on a pvp server and got owned a lot. I understood that its just something I don't want to deal with , so I did the sensible thing and rolled on a PvE server which I play on ever since. And who would have thought , that solved my problem -.- Just another whiner to the qq bag.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    The problem of the maniacal ganker camping one low level for 5 hours can be resolved in an easy way by Blizzard.

Remember the "Disonorable Kills" in the old Vanilla WOW ?

Put them back in . First 3 kills/hour of a guy with more then 10 levels under you - are free.

Then if he don't atacked you first:

The 4th one give you -100 honour points .
    The 5th kill -200.
    The 6th -400.
    Then -800. Then -1600. Untill you finished your gathered honour points.
    Then you continue losing the conquest points.
    After finishing the gathered conquest points , start going in negative value .

I bet will be fun ganking a lvl 20 for 3 hours and ending with minus 15k conquest points and minus 20k honour points.
    On an alt I don't really plan on actually PvPing with who happens to be at max level, yeah I see no issue still screwing up your day.

What did you do, roll on a heavily unbalanced PvP server, hoping to get to 90 and gank the few enemies you see? Then CRZ came, and sides were even, and now you can't handle it?

Roll on a PvE server, where you don't have to deal with it. Or hit 20, head to SW/Org, and LFG till 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    what the OP described isn't PvP. Report the player if they are spawn camping you for hours. It's against the ToS
    No it isn't, stop spreading this false information... On a PvP server camping, ganking, even for hours on end, it's all fair game. It's a risk you take when picking a PvP server and no matter how much you say "but my friends played there" or "I didn't think they would add cross realm zones" is going to change that. Times change, either go with it and adapt or turn away and reroll/transfer another server.

There are several ways of dealing with a ganker:
    Call for help from the guild/general/friends.
    Log on to your main to deal with it.
    Leave the area and level someplace else.
    Log out and do something else for a while.
    Last edited by Chaozu; 2012-11-16 at 09:01 PM.

Granted the OP didn't start the thread in the best way, nor is this the area to provide the best feedback to Blizzard. That said, the lack of support here is disappointing, not surprising. The ganking of low levels from max levels, isn't pvp. It's just someone bored and is interested in being a bully. The camping of the Dark portal is a good example of that.
    Now pvp, I support. Bring it on in Pandaria where the level difference isnt that much. I dont really listen to the qqs in chat there. But the sitting on top of Thrallmar Inn as Alliance and moonfiring down on lvl 60s? Where's the sport? The good gamemanship?
    Doesn't exist apparently. That is why I dont support CRZ.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic
    Diablo: RoS
    ESO

All these suggestions are just stupid... If you are questing a zone bring your 90 in that zone and handle the issue of being camped.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Granted the OP didn't start the thread in the best way, nor is this the area to provide the best feedback to Blizzard. That said, the lack of support here is disappointing, not surprising. The ganking of low levels from max levels, isn't pvp. It's just someone bored and is interested in being a bully. The camping of the Dark portal is a good example of that.
    Now pvp, I support. Bring it on in Pandaria where the level difference isnt that much. I dont really listen to the qqs in chat there. But the sitting on top of Thrallmar Inn as Alliance and moonfiring down on lvl 60s? Where's the sport? The good gamemanship?
    I take most high levels picking on low levels is people trying to stimulate world pvp... They are hoping you bring out some high level friends and the old vanilla days will rise again!
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

I agree that ganking is not PvP. However, it can be the start of good old fashioned world PvP. That is generally how all world PvP used to start. Some higher level toons gank lower level ones. Then, the lower level ones call for help from people in their faction. Then, it start to escalate as more and more of each faction join in. Until....world PvP.

And world PvP was not isolated to max level zones. Hillsbrad? Crossroads? Tons of PvP fun. And those did not start by people crying on forums for getting ganked. People who played on PvP servers actually like to PvP, so when someone called for help - people came.

In today's age, most people on PvP servers don't actually like to PvP. If someone calls for help, they ignore them and continue to PvE.......which baffles me.

Instead of complaining about the gankers, you should be complaining about how useless people in your faction are when it comes to really doing some PvP. At least, that's my opinion

Most people seeking out low levels are in hopes that they will bring their main plus friends to get some real pvp going. I've done this several times by attacking opposing faction members when they did the tillers daily quests (granted those were lvl 90 but still same principle), they brought a couple of friends, I called for my guild, bang all of a sudden we have a full fight going on.

Me and a guild mate has attacked Stormwind three times this week now and aim on doing so tomorrow as well, we kill whatever player we find no matter if they are low leveled or high leveled in hopes they will bring more.

It's someone who seeks out low levels and then flees if they get their main or friends I don't understand.

thats exactly the same reason i stopped , before CRZ the realm i was leveling / playing on was more dead then alive so it didn't matter it was a pvp realm it was the only way to be able to play with IRL friends. now after leveling 10 chars to 85 they make this big change and the only comment people can give is move pve fine but don't expect me to pay 11 times 20 euro to continue playing on a pvp and pay monthly fee on top. that is just not worth the money. give peole the option to dissable PVP while questing / farming / grinding not every player is in the game for PVP.

It's weird. At first... I had no sympathy for people who roll on a PvP server. It was their choice to play "red=dead". That said, we keep hearing about how CRZ is leading to long term corpse camping and it's sad. No one wants to be camped like that. I fell for you OP. Unfortunately, your options have been laid out in front of you.

1. Find friends or guildies to aid you when you are being ganked.
    2. Run with friends on a PvE server so you are pulled there. (though, if you aren't in a group... I don't think this is a worthwhile option. So take it with a grain of salt)
    3. Server Transfer.
    4. Suck it up.

Some of these may not be possible and others may not be ideal. Unfortunately, this is the position you have been put in.

My suggestion (though, it may not do anything) is to head to the official forums, find a post about CRZ and leave feedback (note: Constructive Feedback). Don't just go in saying that CRZ is "Fucking Bullshit and it should be removed." Go in with a well thought out plan and explain why this is creating a less than ideal atmosphere. Give Blizzard good reasons as to why CRZ should be re-tooled. It may not lead to anything, but it's worth a shot.

Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    1. Find friends or guildies to aid you when you are being ganked.
    2. Run with friends on a PvE server so you are pulled there. (though, if you aren't in a group... I don't think this is a worthwhile option. So take it with a grain of salt)
    3. Server Transfer.
    4. Suck it up.
    You are missing the best option:

Get people from your faction to help you since you are on a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    There are several ways of dealing with a ganker:
    Call for help from the guild/general/friends.
    Log on to your main to deal with it.
    Leave the area and level someplace else.
    Log out and do something else for a while.
    and that is wrong why be forced to do something else we have the same right to play we the people that don't like pvp that is. and because of one bully we should log off ?? and do something else ? is there really no part in your brain that is able to see that this is wrong ? that if you encourage people to do this it will hit you back outside the game sooner or later cause there will be a person that has bin ganked so many times that the only way to take revenge is to pick up a real gun and start shooting.

players who have bin killed in world pvp should get some kind of immunity to be able to hearthstone out of the area if they don't want to get involved. this to avoid corpse camping

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    players who have bin killed in world pvp should get some kind of immunity to be able to hearthstone out of the area if they don't want to get involved. this to avoid corpse camping
    It's called a PvE server. Seriously, that is why there are PvE servers - so you don't have to deal with PvP if you don't want to.

I understand that you made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server since they pretty much turned into PvE servers for the past few years. Now that PvP servers are starting to have PvP again, people in your situation are in a tough spot. Maybe Blizz will allow some free PvP-> PvE transfers for people who were caught in your situation. That would be the ideal situation.

I don't think that you should request PvP to stop on a PvP server because you don't like to PvP.

and that is wrong why be forced to do something else we have the same right to play we the people that don't like pvp that is. and because of one bully we should log off ?? and do something else ? is there really no part in your brain that is able to see that this is wrong ? that if you encourage people to do this it will hit you back outside the game sooner or later cause there will be a person that has bin ganked so many times that the only way to take revenge is to pick up a real gun and start shooting.

"We have the same right to play" yeah you do, and you very well can, but you chose a PvP server! If you don't like PvP then don't roll on PvP servers! It's that simple.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:43 PM ----------

thats exactly the same reason i stopped , before CRZ the realm i was leveling / playing on was more dead then alive so it didn't matter it was a pvp realm it was the only way to be able to play with IRL friends. now after leveling 10 chars to 85 they make this big change and the only comment people can give is move pve fine but don't expect me to pay 11 times 20 euro to continue playing on a pvp and pay monthly fee on top. that is just not worth the money. give peole the option to dissable PVP while questing / farming / grinding not every player is in the game for PVP.
    I highly doubt you play actively on all your 10 characters, also considering you have 10 level 85 it seems like you enjoy leveling so I would advice you to reroll completely on a PvE server, there you can level to your hearts content with nothing but possibly a fel reaver interfering. Not even a single penny extra payed.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It's called a PvE server. Seriously, that is why there are PvE servers - so you don't have to deal with PvP if you don't want to.

I understand that you made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server since they pretty much turned into PvE servers for the past few years. Now that PvP servers are starting to have PvP again, people in your situation are in a tough spot. Maybe Blizz will allow some free PvP-> PvE transfers for people who were caught in your situation. That would be the ideal situation.

I don't think that you should request PvP to stop on a PvP server because you don't like to PvP.
    How is the OP asking for PvP to stop on a PvP server? Oh, I see... You actually think a level 90 one-shotting at level 20 is PvP, don't you? Those who support low level camping are fools, because this makes people leave and new players are unwilling to roll on PvP servers. There need to be level restrictions on PvP, that will stop all the nonsense.