Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Granted the OP didn't start the thread in the best way, nor is this the area to provide the best feedback to Blizzard. That said, the lack of support here is disappointing, not surprising. The ganking of low levels from max levels, isn't pvp. It's just someone bored and is interested in being a bully. The camping of the Dark portal is a good example of that.
    Now pvp, I support. Bring it on in Pandaria where the level difference isnt that much. I dont really listen to the qqs in chat there. But the sitting on top of Thrallmar Inn as Alliance and moonfiring down on lvl 60s? Where's the sport? The good gamemanship?
    Doesn't exist apparently. That is why I dont support CRZ.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

All these suggestions are just stupid... If you are questing a zone bring your 90 in that zone and handle the issue of being camped.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Granted the OP didn't start the thread in the best way, nor is this the area to provide the best feedback to Blizzard. That said, the lack of support here is disappointing, not surprising. The ganking of low levels from max levels, isn't pvp. It's just someone bored and is interested in being a bully. The camping of the Dark portal is a good example of that.
    Now pvp, I support. Bring it on in Pandaria where the level difference isnt that much. I dont really listen to the qqs in chat there. But the sitting on top of Thrallmar Inn as Alliance and moonfiring down on lvl 60s? Where's the sport? The good gamemanship?
    I take most high levels picking on low levels is people trying to stimulate world pvp... They are hoping you bring out some high level friends and the old vanilla days will rise again!
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

I agree that ganking is not PvP. However, it can be the start of good old fashioned world PvP. That is generally how all world PvP used to start. Some higher level toons gank lower level ones. Then, the lower level ones call for help from people in their faction. Then, it start to escalate as more and more of each faction join in. Until....world PvP.

And world PvP was not isolated to max level zones. Hillsbrad? Crossroads? Tons of PvP fun. And those did not start by people crying on forums for getting ganked. People who played on PvP servers actually like to PvP, so when someone called for help - people came.

In today's age, most people on PvP servers don't actually like to PvP. If someone calls for help, they ignore them and continue to PvE.......which baffles me.

Instead of complaining about the gankers, you should be complaining about how useless people in your faction are when it comes to really doing some PvP. At least, that's my opinion

Deleted
    Most people seeking out low levels are in hopes that they will bring their main plus friends to get some real pvp going. I've done this several times by attacking opposing faction members when they did the tillers daily quests (granted those were lvl 90 but still same principle), they brought a couple of friends, I called for my guild, bang all of a sudden we have a full fight going on.

Me and a guild mate has attacked Stormwind three times this week now and aim on doing so tomorrow as well, we kill whatever player we find no matter if they are low leveled or high leveled in hopes they will bring more.

It's someone who seeks out low levels and then flees if they get their main or friends I don't understand.

thats exactly the same reason i stopped , before CRZ the realm i was leveling / playing on was more dead then alive so it didn't matter it was a pvp realm it was the only way to be able to play with IRL friends. now after leveling 10 chars to 85 they make this big change and the only comment people can give is move pve fine but don't expect me to pay 11 times 20 euro to continue playing on a pvp and pay monthly fee on top. that is just not worth the money. give peole the option to dissable PVP while questing / farming / grinding not every player is in the game for PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    1. Find friends or guildies to aid you when you are being ganked.
    2. Run with friends on a PvE server so you are pulled there. (though, if you aren't in a group... I don't think this is a worthwhile option. So take it with a grain of salt)
    3. Server Transfer.
    4. Suck it up.
    You are missing the best option:

Get people from your faction to help you since you are on a PvP server.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    There are several ways of dealing with a ganker:
    Call for help from the guild/general/friends.
    Log on to your main to deal with it.
    Leave the area and level someplace else.
    Log out and do something else for a while.
    and that is wrong why be forced to do something else we have the same right to play we the people that don't like pvp that is. and because of one bully we should log off ?? and do something else ? is there really no part in your brain that is able to see that this is wrong ? that if you encourage people to do this it will hit you back outside the game sooner or later cause there will be a person that has bin ganked so many times that the only way to take revenge is to pick up a real gun and start shooting.

players who have bin killed in world pvp should get some kind of immunity to be able to hearthstone out of the area if they don't want to get involved. this to avoid corpse camping

Quote Originally Posted by stresskiller View Post
    players who have bin killed in world pvp should get some kind of immunity to be able to hearthstone out of the area if they don't want to get involved. this to avoid corpse camping
    It's called a PvE server. Seriously, that is why there are PvE servers - so you don't have to deal with PvP if you don't want to.

I understand that you made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server since they pretty much turned into PvE servers for the past few years. Now that PvP servers are starting to have PvP again, people in your situation are in a tough spot. Maybe Blizz will allow some free PvP-> PvE transfers for people who were caught in your situation. That would be the ideal situation.

I don't think that you should request PvP to stop on a PvP server because you don't like to PvP.

Deleted
    and that is wrong why be forced to do something else we have the same right to play we the people that don't like pvp that is. and because of one bully we should log off ?? and do something else ? is there really no part in your brain that is able to see that this is wrong ? that if you encourage people to do this it will hit you back outside the game sooner or later cause there will be a person that has bin ganked so many times that the only way to take revenge is to pick up a real gun and start shooting.

"We have the same right to play" yeah you do, and you very well can, but you chose a PvP server! If you don't like PvP then don't roll on PvP servers! It's that simple.

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 10:43 PM ----------

thats exactly the same reason i stopped , before CRZ the realm i was leveling / playing on was more dead then alive so it didn't matter it was a pvp realm it was the only way to be able to play with IRL friends. now after leveling 10 chars to 85 they make this big change and the only comment people can give is move pve fine but don't expect me to pay 11 times 20 euro to continue playing on a pvp and pay monthly fee on top. that is just not worth the money. give peole the option to dissable PVP while questing / farming / grinding not every player is in the game for PVP.
    I highly doubt you play actively on all your 10 characters, also considering you have 10 level 85 it seems like you enjoy leveling so I would advice you to reroll completely on a PvE server, there you can level to your hearts content with nothing but possibly a fel reaver interfering. Not even a single penny extra payed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It's called a PvE server. Seriously, that is why there are PvE servers - so you don't have to deal with PvP if you don't want to.

I understand that you made the mistake of rolling on a PvP server since they pretty much turned into PvE servers for the past few years. Now that PvP servers are starting to have PvP again, people in your situation are in a tough spot. Maybe Blizz will allow some free PvP-> PvE transfers for people who were caught in your situation. That would be the ideal situation.

I don't think that you should request PvP to stop on a PvP server because you don't like to PvP.
    How is the OP asking for PvP to stop on a PvP server? Oh, I see... You actually think a level 90 one-shotting at level 20 is PvP, don't you? Those who support low level camping are fools, because this makes people leave and new players are unwilling to roll on PvP servers. There need to be level restrictions on PvP, that will stop all the nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    100% wrong.

"Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

Blizzard Code of Conduct section C.
    Oooooooo you could've at least given them some burn ointment with that statement.

But yes, you've said you've ganked as well before?

Cries are voided at that point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    what the OP described isn't PvP. Report the player if they are spawn camping you for hours. It's against the ToS
    no it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    welcome to the world of BenBos. any change that Blizzard make is ground breaking and awesome. anyone complaining about it is a deluded hater.

BenBos is also 8 years old. possibly.
    The agressiveness of this poster shows how awesome and frustrating for any Blizzard hater this new open world play across servers in WOW really is.

Welcome to the living breathing WORLD of Warcraft where people complain ... after 8 (!) years their world is too populated

)

Quite a change from all those other MMo's where 4 months after launch you hardly see anyone around...

Other old troll songs are obsolete now too: "no one is running leveling dungeons" (cross server LFG tool says Hi), "everyone looks the same" (transmog says Hi!) and ... "the world is empty..."

All old records that can be shelved as of now )

Get over it.

Blizzard is just beginning to ensure this game will always be fully populated in the world of Azeroth.

This must have been a shock for those aweful songwriters. Insulting me or Blizzard won't help you out: they have these awesome tools now, just expect them to be implemented en mass and refined/polished to the sky in their next projects...

(Tiller farms with seamless phasing say Hi too !)

The gap with the competition just got a LOT bigger with cross server play in Blizzard's open world of Azeroth.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-16 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    All that say "you rolled on PvP server" should rethink it and look at vanilla world pvp.
    Back then only gankers were in low to mid level zones to be honest, mostly areas like STV for example. In high level zones like silithus they ran into risk of getting pwned as these were zones with near-lvlcap players leveling and raiders farming consumables. Back then level 55 vs level 60 PvP was still PvP, not one-shot kill thing. Usually higher end zones were free of gankers. Typical ganker never attacks if he's not sure of victory. Serious PvPers (rank 8 and up) didn't even bothered ganking, they were busy grinding rank in battlegrounds. There are also many more max level characters than there ever was. Players run out of things to do and are bored. MoP kind of fixed this but Cata was 99% SW AFK expansion.

CRZ were meant to repopulate the zones, to make it feel like it's vanilla again flourishing with players. And what we got? Max level player dropping from above on his 310% flying mount one shotting you because he's many times stronger than Vanilla RAID BOSS. If you call that pvp, then rerunning Stormwind Stockade for hours at max level is what I call "PvE" (with NO cloth farming goals actually, just for sake of running PVE content)

People who rolled on PvP servers early on didn't expected:
    1) Flying mounts in lower level questing zones
    2) Character power rising to more than hundred times of Vanilla's max level char power

For the most part, it's fine. Some aspects of it are beyond stupid though. Try leveling herbalism/mining in Outlands/Northrend, it's fucking awful. The rare spawn achievements from Outlands/Northrend and the mounts from Cataclysm are next to impossible to get. The amount of 90 rogues in low level zones ganking alts and refusing to engage anyone their level has increased 10 fold. People from servers not directly attached to yours can abandon pvp combat with you by dropping their group or switching leader.

CRZ is a good thing, it was just poorly implemented.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-11-16 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

[/COLOR]

I highly doubt you play actively on all your 10 characters, also considering you have 10 level 85 it seems like you enjoy leveling so I would advice you to reroll completely on a PvE server, there you can level to your hearts content with nothing but possibly a fel reaver interfering. Not even a single penny extra payed.
    before i stopped playing i did manage to get all professions capt yes i do play all classes and no i don't do dungeons /group quests / battlegrounds cause i can't enjoy those any more it used to be fun until wotlk after that the magic was gone people where to much me me me me .

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    For the most part, it's fine. Some aspects of it are beyond stupid though. Try leveling herbalism/mining in Outlands/Northrend, it's fucking awful. The rare spawn achievements from Outlands/Northrend and the mounts from Cataclysm are next to impossible to get. The amount of 90 rogues in low level zones ganking alts and refusing to engage anyone their level has increased 10 fold. People from servers not directly attached to yours can abandon pvp combat with you by dropping their group or switching leader.

CRZ is a good thing, it was just poorly implemented.
    Blizzard just put the multi mass on line thing in Azeroth.

it is how these games should be played in the first place. for YEARS and YEARS (instead of seeing only people
    2 months after a launch or a patch content).

Multi millions instead of a few dozen.

And Blizzard found that key: open world play across servers (adressing ALL that public) in a seamless method without even a loading screen in sight.

Awesome. Just enjoy the new revolution in Multi Mass On Line Play anno 2013...

You ain't seen nothin' yet/

Just like phasing is now being tuned rightly (farms to grow etc...), this technique will be refined with cross server guilds, AH's, adventures, faction changes etc ...

it is only a matter of time before Elites will be seen in all leveling grounds too

EDIT: With one blow Blizzard put a stamp on all those other single server based MMO's/... "DATED and DEAD" (after 4 months launch).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-16 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Blizzard just put the multi mass on line thing in Azeroth.

it is how these games should be played in the first place. for YEARS and YEARS (instead of seeing only people
    2 months after a launch or a patch content).

Multi millions instead of a few dozen.

And Blizzard found that key: open world play across servers (adressing ALL that public) in a seamless method without even a loading screen in sight.

Awesome. Just enjoy the new revolution in Multi Mass On Line Play anno 2013...

You ain't seen nothin' yet/

Just like phasing is now being tuned rightly (farms to grow etc...), this technique will be refined with cross server guilds, AH's, adventures, faction changes etc ...

it is only a matter of time before Elites will be seen in all leveling grounds too

EDIT: With one blow Blizzard put a stamp on all those other single server based MMO's/... "DATED and DEAD" (after 4 months launch).
    Why did you even quote me? You didn't address a single one of my points.

Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    How is the OP asking for PvP to stop on a PvP server? Oh, I see... You actually think a level 90 one-shotting at level 20 is PvP, don't you? Those who support low level camping are fools, because this makes people leave and new players are unwilling to roll on PvP servers. There need to be level restrictions on PvP, that will stop all the nonsense.
    You obviously did not read any of my previous posts in this thread, or you would not have made that blind assumption. Go back and read some, and you will clearly see that the issue is not isolated to just a 1-shot gank and support of the ganker. It's about world PvP, where many toons from each faction are battling it out. You have an opportunity to start it, but instead decide to hide behind a veil of "you support low level camping", when that is not the case at all.

I don't understand why people on a PvP server are so unwilling to engage in world PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You obviously did not read any of my previous posts in this thread, or you would not have made that blind assumption. Go back and read some, and you will clearly see that the issue is not isolated to just a 1-shot gank and support of the ganker. It's about world PvP, where many toons from each faction are battling it out. You have an opportunity to start it, but instead decide to hide behind a veil of "you support low level camping", when that is not the case at all.

I don't understand why people on a PvP server are so unwilling to engage in world PvP.
    Often the people camping low levels won't engage a 90, or will temporarily abandon the zone as soon as they're killed. It's not fun to watching someone fly around refusing to fight, or a rogue that won't open out of stealth.