Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 18 of 39 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    100% wrong.

    "Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

    Blizzard Code of Conduct section C.
    Oooooooo you could've at least given them some burn ointment with that statement.

    But yes, you've said you've ganked as well before?

    Cries are voided at that point.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    what the OP described isn't PvP. Report the player if they are spawn camping you for hours. It's against the ToS
    no it's not.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    welcome to the world of BenBos. any change that Blizzard make is ground breaking and awesome. anyone complaining about it is a deluded hater.

    BenBos is also 8 years old. possibly.
    The agressiveness of this poster shows how awesome and frustrating for any Blizzard hater this new open world play across servers in WOW really is.



    Welcome to the living breathing WORLD of Warcraft where people complain ... after 8 (!) years their world is too populated

    )

    Quite a change from all those other MMo's where 4 months after launch you hardly see anyone around...

    Other old troll songs are obsolete now too: "no one is running leveling dungeons" (cross server LFG tool says Hi), "everyone looks the same" (transmog says Hi!) and ... "the world is empty..."

    All old records that can be shelved as of now )

    Get over it.

    Blizzard is just beginning to ensure this game will always be fully populated in the world of Azeroth.

    This must have been a shock for those aweful songwriters. Insulting me or Blizzard won't help you out: they have these awesome tools now, just expect them to be implemented en mass and refined/polished to the sky in their next projects...

    (Tiller farms with seamless phasing say Hi too !)

    The gap with the competition just got a LOT bigger with cross server play in Blizzard's open world of Azeroth.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-16 at 10:10 PM.

  4. #344
    All that say "you rolled on PvP server" should rethink it and look at vanilla world pvp.
    Back then only gankers were in low to mid level zones to be honest, mostly areas like STV for example. In high level zones like silithus they ran into risk of getting pwned as these were zones with near-lvlcap players leveling and raiders farming consumables. Back then level 55 vs level 60 PvP was still PvP, not one-shot kill thing. Usually higher end zones were free of gankers. Typical ganker never attacks if he's not sure of victory. Serious PvPers (rank 8 and up) didn't even bothered ganking, they were busy grinding rank in battlegrounds. There are also many more max level characters than there ever was. Players run out of things to do and are bored. MoP kind of fixed this but Cata was 99% SW AFK expansion.

    CRZ were meant to repopulate the zones, to make it feel like it's vanilla again flourishing with players. And what we got? Max level player dropping from above on his 310% flying mount one shotting you because he's many times stronger than Vanilla RAID BOSS. If you call that pvp, then rerunning Stormwind Stockade for hours at max level is what I call "PvE" (with NO cloth farming goals actually, just for sake of running PVE content)

    People who rolled on PvP servers early on didn't expected:
    1) Flying mounts in lower level questing zones
    2) Character power rising to more than hundred times of Vanilla's max level char power

  5. #345
    For the most part, it's fine. Some aspects of it are beyond stupid though. Try leveling herbalism/mining in Outlands/Northrend, it's fucking awful. The rare spawn achievements from Outlands/Northrend and the mounts from Cataclysm are next to impossible to get. The amount of 90 rogues in low level zones ganking alts and refusing to engage anyone their level has increased 10 fold. People from servers not directly attached to yours can abandon pvp combat with you by dropping their group or switching leader.

    CRZ is a good thing, it was just poorly implemented.
    Last edited by Shmeh; 2012-11-16 at 10:06 PM.

  6. #346
    Field Marshal stresskiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post

    [/COLOR]

    I highly doubt you play actively on all your 10 characters, also considering you have 10 level 85 it seems like you enjoy leveling so I would advice you to reroll completely on a PvE server, there you can level to your hearts content with nothing but possibly a fel reaver interfering. Not even a single penny extra payed.
    before i stopped playing i did manage to get all professions capt yes i do play all classes and no i don't do dungeons /group quests / battlegrounds cause i can't enjoy those any more it used to be fun until wotlk after that the magic was gone people where to much me me me me .

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    For the most part, it's fine. Some aspects of it are beyond stupid though. Try leveling herbalism/mining in Outlands/Northrend, it's fucking awful. The rare spawn achievements from Outlands/Northrend and the mounts from Cataclysm are next to impossible to get. The amount of 90 rogues in low level zones ganking alts and refusing to engage anyone their level has increased 10 fold. People from servers not directly attached to yours can abandon pvp combat with you by dropping their group or switching leader.

    CRZ is a good thing, it was just poorly implemented.
    Blizzard just put the multi mass on line thing in Azeroth.

    it is how these games should be played in the first place. for YEARS and YEARS (instead of seeing only people
    2 months after a launch or a patch content).

    Multi millions instead of a few dozen.

    And Blizzard found that key: open world play across servers (adressing ALL that public) in a seamless method without even a loading screen in sight.

    Awesome. Just enjoy the new revolution in Multi Mass On Line Play anno 2013...

    You ain't seen nothin' yet/

    Just like phasing is now being tuned rightly (farms to grow etc...), this technique will be refined with cross server guilds, AH's, adventures, faction changes etc ...

    it is only a matter of time before Elites will be seen in all leveling grounds too

    EDIT: With one blow Blizzard put a stamp on all those other single server based MMO's/... "DATED and DEAD" (after 4 months launch).
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-16 at 10:20 PM.

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Blizzard just put the multi mass on line thing in Azeroth.

    it is how these games should be played in the first place. for YEARS and YEARS (instead of seeing only people
    2 months after a launch or a patch content).

    Multi millions instead of a few dozen.

    And Blizzard found that key: open world play across servers (adressing ALL that public) in a seamless method without even a loading screen in sight.

    Awesome. Just enjoy the new revolution in Multi Mass On Line Play anno 2013...

    You ain't seen nothin' yet/

    Just like phasing is now being tuned rightly (farms to grow etc...), this technique will be refined with cross server guilds, AH's, adventures, faction changes etc ...

    it is only a matter of time before Elites will be seen in all leveling grounds too

    EDIT: With one blow Blizzard put a stamp on all those other single server based MMO's/... "DATED and DEAD" (after 4 months launch).
    Why did you even quote me? You didn't address a single one of my points.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    How is the OP asking for PvP to stop on a PvP server? Oh, I see... You actually think a level 90 one-shotting at level 20 is PvP, don't you? Those who support low level camping are fools, because this makes people leave and new players are unwilling to roll on PvP servers. There need to be level restrictions on PvP, that will stop all the nonsense.
    You obviously did not read any of my previous posts in this thread, or you would not have made that blind assumption. Go back and read some, and you will clearly see that the issue is not isolated to just a 1-shot gank and support of the ganker. It's about world PvP, where many toons from each faction are battling it out. You have an opportunity to start it, but instead decide to hide behind a veil of "you support low level camping", when that is not the case at all.

    I don't understand why people on a PvP server are so unwilling to engage in world PvP.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    You obviously did not read any of my previous posts in this thread, or you would not have made that blind assumption. Go back and read some, and you will clearly see that the issue is not isolated to just a 1-shot gank and support of the ganker. It's about world PvP, where many toons from each faction are battling it out. You have an opportunity to start it, but instead decide to hide behind a veil of "you support low level camping", when that is not the case at all.

    I don't understand why people on a PvP server are so unwilling to engage in world PvP.
    Often the people camping low levels won't engage a 90, or will temporarily abandon the zone as soon as they're killed. It's not fun to watching someone fly around refusing to fight, or a rogue that won't open out of stealth.

  11. #351
    So can someone educate me; How cross realm zone is to blame for being camped?

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Exorte View Post
    So can someone educate me; How cross realm zone is to blame for being camped?
    Way more people...? The ability to abandon the server that you're zoned into whenever you want to escape any repercussions?

  13. #353
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada, that other, other free place (you know, the one that's more free then you pretend to be)
    Posts
    1,958
    Look, I know it's frustrating OP, and these clowns have made it their life mission to be gas on a fire, so put aside the rage you feel inside that said clowns have been feeding you over the past 18 pages.....

    well there was that ONE guy who actually had a helpful suggestion about having a friend on a pve realm and battletag grouping with him to drag you onto a pve server.
    Does that actually work?
    Really, I dunno anyone on a pve server anyhow, so that could be a moot point for you.

    When I lvl (yup, pushing every last class all the way to 90 so I have been around the block a few times this xpac), I have run into issues a few times, but then, I just relog to a different toon that isn;t in that area. Or to one of my 90's, usually a class I know that can hard counter/put up a decent fight.
    And I keep my main near where I am lvling my alts.

    Get a drink, preferably a stiff one, picture the rogue ganking people in nothing but socks, and carry on.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Often the people camping low levels won't engage a 90, or will temporarily abandon the zone as soon as they're killed. It's not fun to watching someone fly around refusing to fight, or a rogue that won't open out of stealth.
    Then maybe we should be suggesting ways to address that instead of crying about CRZ? Work on ways to make PvP happen instead of trying to reduce it.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Then maybe we should be suggesting ways to address that instead of crying about CRZ? Work on ways to make PvP happen instead of trying to reduce it.
    Yeah, addressing that should deal with one of the major CRZ issues. Simple solution, after killing a player you get a 3 minute no-fly debuff that locks you to the server you're on. That doesn't fix rogues, but rogues have been dicks since the beginning of time.

    However I still have a couple large issues with CRZ. Herbalism/mining nodes in Outlands and Northrend had their spawn rate reduced several patches ago, and now with CRZ leveling either of those professions, or farming mats to level a different profession is a nightmare. My other issue is with the rare spawn mob achievements for Outlands and Northrend, and how much more difficult it is to find them with this many people, same goes for the TLPD in Storm Peaks, and the mount in Deepholm.

  16. #356
    You wanted pvp, you're getting pvp. Ganking might be the very lowest rung of the pvp ladder but you must have known people would be after your blood from the start. Dickheads exist in these games. CRZ offers so many benefits and you think it should be taken away because it means you have to keep your head down on a pvp server? Sorry but I would have thought that to be a given.

    "If it's red it's dead" after all.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

    Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    You ain't seen nothin' yet/
    I doubt they will even touch CRZ again. They implemented them to sidestep the 'Dead Realm' issue.

    They sound great for a pvp realms but for a pve ones they are a total nightmare. Have you ever tried to get a pigs anus when 14 people from different realms are there doing the same quest? Its no fun i can tell you. Forget about building any gathering proffs. Some level 90 druid from another realm will be having all that.

  18. #358
    The Lightbringer shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Spaniard in Copenhagen
    Posts
    3,862
    CRZ is fine, to be honest, it's rather a L2P issue, a you are on a pvp server so deal with it issue or a plain simple QQ issue.


    Really, you could only complain about it if you were a damn farmer, and not even then you'd have a point to complain as respawns are INSANE.

  19. #359
    I don't see how so many people can consider ganking low level players as world pvp. I rolled a pvp server so I choose to grind dungeons because until max level competitive world pvp is impossible. Maybe a system where players lost an honor point for killing low level players would decrease the amount of ganking with out affecting competitive world pvp.
    Last edited by zimzum2523; 2012-11-17 at 12:19 AM.

  20. #360
    Dreadlord Nexsa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    792
    How is the title of this thread still names as such. :\

    Could have better wording for the thread.. Swearing and insulting the challenged, because you don't like a feature in a game. /clap

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •