Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    So you are saying it is acceptable to be camped by multiple 90+ toons in a low level zone for hours?

There's a limit to being griefed.

I don't know about you, but I don't consider it skillful when a person with 300k more hp than me can one shot me over and over. Ganking is fine if you do it a couple times. When you think you're a hardass or e-thug after camping 50 lowbies for hours, then you are just bad.
    The same happened in Vanilla WOW when all of the world was filled with people.

It is the same whether you are lvl 30 or lvl 90.

Open world play is what it is: open world. Get out your own lvl 90's and friends and you have world PvP.

if you don't like it go to a PVE server and only play instanced PvP/.

it is VERY clear what happens here: People in 2012 have NO clue anymore what it really is: playing an on line MASSIVE game with others.

... it was high time someone invented seamless cross server open world play.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-17 at 08:53 AM.

Um I did play during TBC and vanilla. When people camped lowbies, they were added on our server's forum (on wow site) as people to kill on sight. Some baddies were actually forced to xfer off because they were so awful.

Ninjas were blacklisted. Griefers were blacklisted.

You can't do that with CRZ. All I see are players like Dickhole-ShittyRealm just going around camping lowbies. There is no accountability anymore for ganking lowbies.

AGAIN THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH BEING GANKED WHILE LEVELING. THE ISSUE IS WHEN DICKHOLE DECIDES HE WANTS TO SPEND 3 HOURS JUST CORPSE CAMPING LOWBIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The same happened in Vanilla WOW when all of the world was filled with people.
    no it did fucking not, if some fuckers tried that during vanilla they would be blacklisted and would have to change server if they ever wanted to do a quest ever again because they would be killed and camped on sight

So you are saying it is acceptable to be camped by multiple 90+ toons in a low level zone for hours?

You're saying shit like this, where a group of 4 alliance fucktards were camping the spirit rez/body rez areas, is acceptable?

I don't know about you, but I don't consider it skillful when a person with 300k more hp than me can one shot me over and over. Ganking is fine if you do it a couple times. When you think you're a hardass or e-thug after camping 50 lowbies for hours, then you are just bad.
    On a PvP server it is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 09:06 AM ----------

Um I did play during TBC and vanilla. When people camped lowbies, they were added on our server's forum (on wow site) as people to kill on sight. Some baddies were actually forced to xfer off because they were so awful.

You can't do that with CRZ. All I see are players like Dickhole-ShittyRealm just going around camping lowbies. There is no accountability anymore for ganking lowbies.

AGAIN THERE IS NO ISSUE WITH BEING GANKED WHILE LEVELING. THE ISSUE IS WHEN DICKHOLE DECIDES HE WANTS TO SPEND 3 HOURS JUST CORPSE CAMPING LOWBIES.
    And here you spent those 3 hours just giving them something to do. You could have played an alt, got your main out, or decided that was enough WoW for the evening and taken a break to come back at a time when those players were not there. Don't blame CRZ when there are other options.

Nothing is preventing you to take out your own lvl 90's and start a big open world war, just like the old Tarren Mill battles or SV epic fights. Gankers never work in an organised group.

It is called open world pvp. Don't play on a PvP server if you don't know friends helping you out.

I very much doubt you played Vanilla Wow ... Even in the Brady WoW playing guide, they said you better had friends if you wanted to play on a PvP server. That's why friends do matter in an MMO.

Blizzard opened the box of ever lasting and populated world zones ...

------

Jesus, who would have thought that THE biggest troll complaint "empty worlds" was so soon replaced by people complaining ...the world is too crowded (and on a pvp server that ... Means being fought and camped...)

It's been noted above but here is the real deal with pvp servers: It's kind of like somebody is picking on your younger sibling. You're allowed to bully them, but when somebody else does it, it isn't right.

For pvp servers, we're all cool to some degree with the other faction killing us. With CRZ, people from other servers are killing us and our opposites...Just isn't right, doesn't make it personal. =(

Quote Originally Posted by Mitobunny View Post
    It's been noted above but here is the real deal with pvp servers: It's kind of like somebody is picking on your younger sibling. You're allowed to bully them, but when somebody else does it, it isn't right.

For pvp servers, we're all cool to some degree with the other faction killing us. With CRZ, people from other servers are killing us and our opposites...Just isn't right, doesn't make it personal. =(
    So your saying if Blizzard just combined all the PvP servers people wouldn't bitch about the fact that they are being corpse camped. It's only because those people are from other servers is the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    So your saying if Blizzard just combined all the PvP servers people wouldn't bitch about the fact that they are being corpse camped. It's only because those people are from other servers is the issue.
    It sounds stupid but it's actually pretty true. In BC I was often corpse camped by 5 people but if I cared enough I could seek them out later when I was leveling or when I hit 90 (which I often did...I remember killing a Draenei a lot lol). With CRZ I don't have the option to get revenge later, I'm just killed by some random guy who I probably won't see again.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Yeah, it is a click most people didn't make yet. Like when all those dudes said: get out of my server, while in reality there was no home server, only a new identity: a united battlegroup server.

People simply can't handle the stress of a populated world in WoW be that pvp or even pve.

Normal reaction to something new. We could see that with the new cross server play in the past (2006 BG's, 2009 LFG dungeons, 2011 LFG Raids). All opposed by some forum dwellers .... Until new MMO's didn't include these things and hey they were dead on arrival.

0.5% whine and yell on forums, but these mechanics ... work to make WoW a highly played game.

Because you need to regroup people in an MMORPG or you no longer are an MMORPG...

To the guy above: since the cross server play is limited to a few servrs, you'll meet those same gankers faster than you think.

If you can't handle players in your world, stop playing mmo's.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-17 at 09:30 AM.

Deleted

You're saying shit like this, where a group of 4 alliance fucktards were camping the spirit rez/body rez areas, is acceptable?

Yes it is fully acceptable on a PvP server. As has been mentioned before there are several things you can do:
    - Call for help from guildies, friends or general chat. You can also use the Who tool and ask random 90's to help you out.
    - Quest somewhere else, you can easily reach 90 without doing all the quests in Pandaria.
    - Log out for a while.

For as long as you keep ressing they will know that they can stay and kill you further...

Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    100% wrong.

"Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

Blizzard Code of Conduct section C.
    Actually, after a few hours, it does become griefing, even on a PvP server.

There is the "If there is a PvP solution, it's not griefing" rule, but that is thrown out the window after a few hours of camping. It's the same reason people get banned constantly for camping questgivers on a PvP server.

Purposely griefing people for hours on end is a violation of their right to play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    my account was cancelled for good 10/25/12 (had to wait out annual pass, actually haven't played since september) CRZ was reason #2 ...the change in gold looted from mobs in 1-60 and 85-90 were the reason. quit the game. they're corporate thinking fucks. i gave them years of my life only to come to the conclusion that they really want to fuck me out of my money without my having a chance to enjoy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Actually, after a few hours, it does become griefing, even on a PvP server.

There is the "If there is a PvP solution, it's not griefing" rule, but that is thrown out the window after a few hours of camping. It's the same reason people get banned constantly for camping questgivers on a PvP server.

Purposely griefing people for hours on end is a violation of their right to play the game.
    Yet I've seen examples of a whole guild camping a single person in for example Stranglethorn Vale (aka gankelthorn) for hours/days, and all Blizzard did after the person contacting them about it was move him to a new location so he at least got away from being ganked.

"violation for their right to play the game"? Bullshit, they have full right to play no matter if they are being ganked for years, they deliberately put themselves in a position to be ganked, it's really not that hard to escape.

Deleted
    Most people in this thread defending CRZ have excessively selective hearing. Taking things people have said (complained) about CRZ and completely ignoring the point they were trying to make to turn it back around on them.
    I haven't seen a single person in this thread even remotely understand what the other side (those who dislike CRZ) is talking about.

Another thing that I dislike about CRZ. Everything in the zone lags. I feel my questing experience is diminished due to this single factor, disregarding the stupid "PvP" going on. certain things that happen during quests don't happen anywhere near as fast as they did on my single server. Things dropped by mobs that must be separately looted take longer to load. There are other things that are that little bit slower than usual as well that just aggravate me because the quality of the questing has gone down thanks to CRZ.

CRZ isn't necessarily a bad idea. It has just been executed poorly, as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporky0 View Post
    Most people in this thread defending CRZ have excessively selective hearing. Taking things people have said (complained) about CRZ and completely ignoring the point they were trying to make to turn it back around on them.
    I haven't seen a single person in this thread even remotely understand what the other side (those who dislike CRZ) is talking about.

Another thing that I dislike about CRZ. Everything in the zone lags. I feel my questing experience is diminished due to this single factor, disregarding the stupid "PvP" going on. certain things that happen during quests don't happen anywhere near as fast as they did on my single server. Things dropped by mobs that must be separately looted take longer to load. There are other things that are that little bit slower than usual as well that just aggravate me because the quality of the questing has gone down thanks to CRZ.

CRZ isn't necessarily a bad idea. It has just been executed poorly, as usual.
    I love how you claim people completely miss a certain point, then proceed on not bringing it up, it's fantastic.

As for higher delay/lag in cross realm zones, I haven't noticed any of that. Leveled an alt rogue from 1-50 a couple of days ago with no problems at all. I also didn't encounter a single lvl 90 who tried to gank me, and I did all those levels outside of Battlegrounds and Dungeons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexus View Post
    100% wrong.

"Blizzard considers most conduct to be part of the Game, and not harassment, so player-killing the enemies of your race and/or alliance, including gravestone and/or corpse camping, is considered a part of the Game."

Blizzard Code of Conduct section C.
    I like you.

And OP deal with it.

Deleted
    Why are all these people saying "you picked a pvp server!" as a defence of CRZ?

CRZ inherently destroys server based gameplay. In effect there is no server any more.

All the shit bits from world pvp are present - ganking lowbies, roving/flying gangbangers annihilating the equal level by simply over manning them, loss of ability to mine, fish or herb.

And all the good bits from world pvp are absent - sense of community, rivalry, the ability to get revenge, forming fast friendships in the face of assholery.

Even if you are to disregard this completely, CRZ is a massive change to the way the game world works and if you can't see why long term players of the game don't think they ever signed up to this sort of game world you must have rocks in your head. World pvp has been a zombie for years. Most zones have been empty for years. A lot of players started on pvp servers pre flying mounts. The practice and expectation for players for years has been minimal world pvp, especially on alts and this has changed overnight.

People have every right to be annoyed at such sweeping changes to their gameplay. I fully expect that most if not all of those who are saying in the face of change to pvp servers "suck it up" have whined on these very forums about pve changes. Well, guess what - you can say that to. When your raid seizes get changed or difficulty alters t let the bads in you can be simply dismissed with a phrase - "pve realm, deal with it." "Says right there in the terms of service blizzard can change anything they like."

Meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Why are all these people saying "you picked a pvp server!" as a defence of CRZ?

CRZ inherently destroys server based gameplay. In effect there is no server any more.

All the shit bits from world pvp are present - ganking lowbies, roving/flying gangbangers annihilating the equal level by simply over manning them, loss of ability to mine, fish or herb.

And all the good bits from world pvp are absent - sense of community, rivalry, the ability to get revenge, forming fast friendships in the face of assholery.

Even if you are to disregard this completely, CRZ is a massive change to the way the game world works and if you can't see why long term players of the game don't think they ever signed up to this sort of game world you must have rocks in your head. World pvp has been a zombie for years. Most zones have been empty for years. A lot of players started on pvp servers pre flying mounts. The practice and expectation for players for years has been minimal world pvp, especially on alts and this has changed overnight.

People have every right to be annoyed at such sweeping changes to their gameplay. I fully expect that most if not all of those who are saying in the face of change to pvp servers "suck it up" have whined on these very forums about pve changes. Well, guess what - you can say that to. When your raid seizes get changed or difficulty alters t let the bads in you can be simply dismissed with a phrase - "pve realm, deal with it." "Says right there in the terms of service blizzard can change anything they like."

Meh.
    I'm sorry but I still don't even remotely agree with you. A PvP server is a PvP server, and even if it was completely dead when a person chose it they must have considered the differences between a PvE server and a PvP server and made an active choice of the risk of being ganked. Just because that risk was next to non-existent then, does not mean it always would be, and if you now find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having chosen the wrong kind of server you really have no other choice but to suck it up or switch, that's simply how it is and no amount of moaning or bitching will change that.

Your argument about people having complained about pve servers with "it's a pve server, deal with it", doesn't make any sense at all because there is no such difference between the servers types themselves.

PvE servers are for those who wish to be able to level in peace and quiet without the risk of being ganked, at all, ever.

PvP servers are for those who enjoy the thrill of potentially being jumped, or jumping an opposing faction player at any time while leveling.

You choose yourself which of these you prefer.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like fighting other players, or getting killed by them, you know what you can do. At the end of the day that's what it comes down to. Also, you should try ganking yourself, it's quite fun and very amusing.
    "The truth, my goal."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I'm sorry but I still don't even remotely agree with you. A PvP server is a PvP server, and even if it was completely dead when a person chose it they must have considered the differences between a PvE server and a PvP server and made an active choice of the risk of being ganked.
    Not possible. If it's your first time choosing a server on wow, you have no idea how pvp actually works. If you were to ask someone who already prior to the week before mop went live they would tell you "maybe you'll get killed whilst levelling once or twice, there used to be some pockets of it in vanilla but world pvp is long dead."

Not only that but as I already said - there are no servers any more. Another question you might have asked is "how many people per server?" or "what's the faction balance like?" And those choices now mean nothing.
    Just because that risk was next to non-existent then, does not mean it always would be, and if you now find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having chosen the wrong kind of server you really have no other choice but to suck it up or switch, that's simply how it is and no amount of moaning or bitching will change that.
    So you agree people have every right to be annoyed? But you think that people should just pay up to get away?
    Your argument about people having complained about pve servers with "it's a pve server, deal with it", doesn't make any sense at all because there is no such difference between the servers types themselves.
    Sure there is - it says right there in the terms of service that blizzard can change anything they like. That's what you signed up to. So never ever complain about anything in wow again. According to your already stated logic, if you don't like it, leave. You have no right to complain yourself if you want to withdraw that right from others.
    PvE servers are for those who wish to be able to level in peace and quiet without the risk of being ganked, at all, ever.
    No, pve servers are for those people who want to turn world pvp on or off when it suits them.
    PvP servers are for those who enjoy the thrill of potentially being jumped, or jumping an opposing faction player at any time while leveling.

You choose yourself which of these you prefer.
    Potentially has turned into definitely.