Thread: CRZ is stupid

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ...
28
36
37
38
39
LastLast
  1. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    He is somewhat right. By killing lowbies you do nothing else but waste their time and nerves. Time and nerves are something you can't really recover. But hey, if you are one of those PvP "heroes", you will never understand this.
    He isn't right at all. It's a PvP server, that's all there is to it. If I'm Horde, and I see an Alliance player, I'm going to kill him. I don't care what level he is, and if he doesn't like it, he should've rolled on a PvE server. It's part of the game for a reason, and should be expected.

  2. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    What I was trying to get across is that the realm types still exist, which you claimed they didn't by saying all realms are the same...

    And yes, indivudial servers still exist, just head into Stormwind/Orgrimmar or Pandaria. And the merging of servers in this way is not a bad thing, it's an incredibly good thing that will make sure that zones don't ever die out and always feel populated! If they can work on this further and share Auction House and the like then the closing of servers won't ever be necessary, low populated realms will no longer be low populated because all servers merge together into one huge server.

    This, is a good thing.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 04:02 PM ----------



    I love it when people make up numbers like this... Tell me, what did you base the 95 % of the playerbase on? Did you make some sort of poll? Because if it's only from personal experience of the people you've met I can tell you that's really sodding exceptional for you since I have had the opposite experience and mostly met people who love CRZ.

    Only Blizzard has the real numbers of how many likes it or dislikes it, and I can tell you for a fact that if 95 % of the playerbase hated it they would have reversed it immediately.
    sorry for the late reply. but all the same. CRZ is stupid. if i was so desperate to meet people in WoW id simply play on a high pop server (oh wait i did that)
    if i wanted to get ****ed 3x by some random lvl 90 ganking scrub.. i could just fly to stormwind and look for alliance to get killed by...there doesnt need to be CRZ to find people in the world.. unless you come from some low pop server with 10 people on the entire realm.. then i guess CRZ would seem more appealing.

    why exactly do i care if i see people in a zone or not? is it spose to make me feel special? over 10m people play wow, does that mean we should link all realms together so u can have a 5m/5m pvp battle going? maybe thats a good idea

    id refer to the number of complaints since CRZ was introduced on blizz forums.. if people did appreciate it.. well tell them to call a doctor and remove those brain tumors asap cause they aint right in the head. here are the problems in CRZ that people keep ignoring.
    1. herbs/mineral spawn nodes may be the same, but the population is not. blizz should have either phased herbs to realms or instead buffed the spawn rate.
    2. same thing with rares
    3. why exactly did i want to see more people competing against me for quest mobs? is that normal to enjoy suffering?
    4. ganking.. i dont call world pvp lvl 23 vs 90.. id call that pathetic.. even for PVE zones i dont think people actually enjoy seeing the opposite faction taking their mobs

    id conclude that you either work for blizzard.. or are just ... really sociable to put it lightly.. id suggest you join a guild with some people if you are so desperate for communication. for the rest of the people in high pop servers.. we see each other all the time so i guess its nothing special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    He isn't right at all. It's a PvP server, that's all there is to it. If I'm Horde, and I see an Alliance player, I'm going to kill him. I don't care what level he is, and if he doesn't like it, he should've rolled on a PvE server. It's part of the game for a reason, and should be expected.
    just for a laugh ill compare a similar analogy like boxing. Everyone knows of Muhammad Ali right? how do you think he got good at boxing? perhaps he spent his days beating up teenagers? no because it wasnt worth his time. lvl 90s would fight other 90s at the same lvl if they wanted to improve.
    Last edited by casually; 2012-11-20 at 11:52 AM.

  3. #743
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    sorry for the late reply. but all the same. CRZ is stupid. if i was so desperate to meet people in WoW id simply play on a high pop server (oh wait i did that)
    if i wanted to get ****ed 3x by some random lvl 90 ganking scrub.. i could just fly to stormwind and look for alliance to get killed by...there doesnt need to be CRZ to find people in the world.. unless you come from some low pop server with 10 people on the entire realm.. then i guess CRZ would seem more appealing.

    why exactly do i care if i see people in a zone or not? is it spose to make me feel special? over 10m people play wow, does that mean we should link all realms together so u can have a 5m/5m pvp battle going? maybe thats a good idea

    id refer to the number of complaints since CRZ was introduced on blizz forums.. if people did appreciate it.. well tell them to call a doctor and remove those brain tumors asap cause they aint right in the head. here are the problems in CRZ that people keep ignoring.
    1. herbs/mineral spawn nodes may be the same, but the population is not. blizz should have either phased herbs to realms or instead buffed the spawn rate.
    2. same thing with rares
    3. why exactly did i want to see more people competing against me for quest mobs? is that normal to enjoy suffering?
    4. ganking.. i dont call world pvp lvl 23 vs 90.. id call that pathetic.. even for PVE zones i dont think people actually enjoy seeing the opposite faction taking their mobs

    id conclude that you either work for blizzard.. or are just ... really sociable to put it lightly.. id suggest you join a guild with some people if you are so desperate for communication. for the rest of the people in high pop servers.. we see each other all the time so i guess its nothing special.

    But all of these complaints boil down to "PvP happened on a PvP server."

  4. #744
    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    just for a laugh ill compare a similar analogy like boxing. Everyone knows of Muhammad Ali right? how do you think he got good at boxing? perhaps he spent his days beating up teenagers? no because it wasnt worth his time. lvl 90s would fight other 90s at the same lvl if they wanted to improve.
    It isn't about improving. It's about destroying the opposing faction.

    Doomhammer EU

  5. #745
    Broken game design is broken, always has been, and shall not be fixed until per zone level scaling is put in place (if ever).

    That will not only do quite a bit to alleviate this problem, but also send no-skillers running to the forums complaining that they can't enjoy the game the way they used to.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    It isn't about improving. It's about destroying the opposing faction.
    You realize that you aren't *destroying* anything, right?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  6. #746
    i see all these bad analogies...

    a better one would be:
    You're a british officer during ww2 and are assigned to protect a french city - you see a german soldier walk by you looting a house - you notice he is just a lowly private, only has a pistol... you determine he isn't a threat and just leave him cause you wont gain honor by killing him.... does that make sense? its a war, you're british soldier, you see a german soldier, you shoot.
    It's just a game.

  7. #747
    Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn View Post
    i see all these bad analogies...

    a better one would be:
    You're a british officer during ww2 and are assigned to protect a french city - you see a german soldier walk by you looting a house - you notice he is just a lowly private, only has a pistol... you determine he isn't a threat and just leave him cause you wont gain honor by killing him.... does that make sense? its a war, you're british soldier, you see a german soldier, you shoot.
    LOL thats completely different. a lowly private with a gun.. STILL has a gun.. that means if he can shoot you, he can instantly kill you the same way as you could kill him with a gun. thus that makes you both on equal ground.. remind me where theres an instant kill button for a lvl 32 vs 90? i guarantee you the lvl 32 doesnt have a gun.


    the real point to this story is. bottom feeding scrubs aka pvp heros became way worse ever since CRZ was introduced.. wow was fine before CRZ happened and now its retarded. new people joining wow arent sure if pvp servers are for them, but more importantly.. they wont be able to lvl fast and adapt. did you lvl fast when you started the game? no? how about keybinding or getting used to using over 20 different abilities for a pvp situation should one occur while you are new? CRZ is slowly destroying the game from the inside out. atm i dont care but the majority of people ive talked to dont feel too strongly against the massive imbalance that some servers are forced to deal with. plus enlisting people to help from general chat or even guilds is lol.. all you'll find is trolls in general so good luck with that.
    Last edited by casually; 2012-11-20 at 02:01 PM.

  8. #748
    Quote Originally Posted by Amgyn View Post
    i see all these bad analogies...

    a better one would be:
    You're a british officer during ww2 and are assigned to protect a french city - you see a german soldier walk by you looting a house - you notice he is just a lowly private, only has a pistol... you determine he isn't a threat and just leave him cause you wont gain honor by killing him.... does that make sense? its a war, you're british soldier, you see a german soldier, you shoot.
    Why would you point out bad analogies, and then make one yourself?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

  9. #749
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Why would you point out bad analogies, and then make one yourself?
    I felt like joining in on the fun.
    It's just a game.

  10. #750
    Brewmaster Salech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooindathor View Post
    What people did in the old days(which had a lot more ganking): X(lvl 30) gets killed by Y(lvl 60). X calls Z(lvl 60), Z kills Y. Y calls Y2, Y3, Y4. Z calls his friends. ----> World PvP War.

    WOHOHOHO WHAT EVERYONE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!! YEAH

    Except when people gank some one, and he calls in "reinforcements" the guy ganking flies away because he's a pussy like every one who ganks low levels, gankers can't handle a 1 on 1 with a equally geared person because their skill set for doing PvP is so so bad.

  11. #751
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    Kind of how it worked when most of us were originally leveling when the content was new. Sorry you don't get the welfare free ride to easy mats anymore.
    Well originally when we first step foot into NR we couldn't fly till level 77....so that sort of even it out now didn't it..trying for herbs or mines ...now didn't it....lol....you try to level up Mining out in Hellfire looking for Fel Iron.....I tried on my low level warrior it was a nightmare.....I had to bring in my big gun Hunter that is a miner with 310 speed to be able to get enough Fel Iron for my low level warrior.

  12. #752
    The biggest reason CRZ is extremely dumb is the fact that rare spawns are now impossible to kill unless you get extremely lucky. Other then that I have no beef with them, yes over time the rare spawns (hopefully) will stop being camped. I have needed 2 more for an achievement that should have taken me a week, yet when the mobs do spawn in the zones they are killed in less then 2 seconds.

  13. #753
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Except when people gank some one, and he calls in "reinforcements" the guy ganking flies away because he's a pussy like every one who ganks low levels, gankers can't handle a 1 on 1 with a equally geared person because their skill set for doing PvP is so so bad.
    haha 100% agree. Every time someone camps my alt druid I try to log on my lvl 90 and kill them, but like you said they are pussies and just sit in the air. They really need a way for lvl 90s to dismount other lvl 90s. I miss the day when people camped my alts, so I would log on my main and camp their main.

  14. #754
    Dreadlord MouseD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Local Mouse Hole
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmoon7 View Post
    haha 100% agree. Every time someone camps my alt druid I try to log on my lvl 90 and kill them, but like you said they are pussies and just sit in the air. They really need a way for lvl 90s to dismount other lvl 90s. I miss the day when people camped my alts, so I would log on my main and camp their main.
    And what does the poor sob that doesn't have a 90 yet do.....ohh right call in for help.....well that will only work hopefully correctly if they all phase into the correct realm within the zone....then lets see add in phasing in old world.....depending on far you quested into a zone you may not be able to get help due to the fact your helpers can't see you and the ganker......so then what does a person do? Ohhhh yeah they just log off and sit and wait for the cyber bully to leave.....or just get off PVP realm all to together....ohhh and being high level and ganking some poor slob using the portal to get into outlands....ganking them in a load screen doesn't make you a pvp'er it makes you a cyber bully....

  15. #755
    TLDR/ Blizzard put people in my Multi MASS On line Game.

    --- >Incredible WOW is now the MOST populated MMORPG in every inch of its world.

    ----- > A feat you could only expect from a new game/expansion for 3 weeks tops...

    Most fabulous invention ever that will shape the future of MMORPG's for good (that is ... IF you would do it like Blizzard with seamless non loading screens in open worlds )

    the rest is struggling with loading screens in closed up locked up invisble walled zones and they want to pretend to be a world ...


    LOL. Time' s up for the amateurs.

    Next gen open world play is here to stay... Better believe it and enjoy it in Titan.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-20 at 03:31 PM.

  16. #756
    The Patient Rokzum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    227
    Blizzards "PvP" on PvP realms are garbage, i had the foresight to move my toons from the PvP server i played back in Classic/BC. Growing from 1-70 was interesting, but I knew it would only get worse with increasing level cap.

    How world PvP is... is like its something they started to develop but then never finished. I dont know if many of you checked out Warhammer Online, but they got a few things right and IMO World PvP was one of them.

  17. #757
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I disagree. You are getting exactly what you signed up for, because there are still server types. End of story.
    No, you are actually still misunderstanding what he is saying. He's not saying anything about the server type. He is saying something about the server itself. It's the exact same message, in fact, that I have said in this very same thread.

    Yes, I am on a PvP server. Yes, as such, I signed up for world PvP...on MY server. Not a neutral server. Not someone else's server. MY server, Skullcrusher US. That's what I signed up for.

    Now, instead, I've signed up for PvP with nine other servers that I don't play on, have no connection to, and do not care to have either with. What Injun is saying, and he is right (and you should just stop arguing with him about it) is that CRZ was the final nail in the coffin of something that players like me, who are old school, are complaining about most in the case of CRZ : server community. It does not exist. It has nothing to do with PvP or PvE. It has everything to do with connection to the other players on your server.

    Remember the days of "KoS" lists? Remeber the times that guilds on your server would set up with guilds of the opposite faction through the server forums places for everyone to go have a ball in some world PvP? Remember when a guild would go raid a faction city, and if they managed to kill the faction leader there everyone got up and said "Okay, they're heading to X now...let's go!"? That doesn't exist anymore. Now, when you get ganked outside of Pandaria, it's by some nobody on some nobody server who's only doing what he's doing because he knows that the odds of another server coming to oppose him are much less likely than his own server coming to oppose him. It isn't being done to start epic all-out brawls between rival guilds. It's not being done to make better PvP happen. It's being done because the guy can now get away with it even easier. It's just that simple.

    The solution to that problem (on top of the several others being caused by CRZ, which are a long list), is just straight up removing it. It's a BAD feature. Massive Multiplayer doesn't need to mean Massive Strangers You Will Never See Again in every aspect of the game. World PvP survived on the server connection. Now even that's gone. World PvP still doesn't exist. All that got increased was world lowbie camping with no retaliation.

    Of which, sorry if you disagree, that isn't world PvP. That's just lame and boring.

  18. #758
    what the OP described isn't PvP. Report the player if they are spawn camping you for hours. It's against the ToS
    Actually it's not against the ToS. If you were to open a ticket after being spawn camped for two hours, the GM would tell you this:

    1. We are unable to intervene in these situations as there exists adequate pvp solutions to this problem.

    2. We strongly urge players to think carefully before choosing which server type to play on.

    Pvp servers are there so that players can experience an increased risk for player versus player combat at anytime out in the world. Ganking someone over and over for two hours is not only pvp, but there are things a player can do to avoid/remedy that situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jevlin
    Why? Because fuck you, that's why.

    Every time you have a question that begins with "Why?" that is about what other people prefer to do with their own goddamn time, come back here, and reread the first row of this post. That will ALWAYS be the answer to your question. Have a nice day.

  19. #759

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Necrophagist View Post
    I play on a PVP server, so I'm used to getting ganked and ganking others. However, after CRZ zones were introduced, all that's happening is that I and others are getting respawn camped by a bunch of level 90 shitheads.

    I'm level 77 right now. I could have been 90 already. Camped from level 20 to level 77...

    I have spent the last 2 hours being spawn camped. I literally cannot respawn without being one shot by this cunt rogue who has been here for fucking two hours.

    Seriously, I can't blame the kids who are botting their way to 90. Don't blame them at all. This isn't fun.
    happening to me aswell right now, its fucking ridicolous...

  20. #760
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    But all of these complaints boil down to "PvP happened on a PvP server."
    No, they are all population-related. Only point #4 is PvP related (but in addition to population-related).

    Quote Originally Posted by casually View Post
    [...]

    1. herbs/mineral spawn nodes may be the same, but the population is not. blizz should have either phased herbs to realms or instead buffed the spawn rate.
    2. same thing with rares
    3. why exactly did i want to see more people competing against me for quest mobs? is that normal to enjoy suffering?
    4. ganking.. i dont call world pvp lvl 23 vs 90.. id call that pathetic.. even for PVE zones i dont think people actually enjoy seeing the opposite faction taking their mobs

    [...]
    1) Is an issue even on a PvE realm. Is an issue even if your realm's faction is dominant. That is because it is population-related.
    2) Is an issue even on a PvE realm. Is an issue even if your realm's faction is dominant. That is because it is population-related.
    3) Is an issue even on a PvE realm. Is an issue even if your realm's faction is dominant. That is because it is population-related.
    4) Is an issue even if your realm's faction is dominant (but more so if 1:1 or other faction is dominant). It is also population-related.

    Is it really so hard to fathom? If there's 100 level 90s in a zone, the chance you as lvling player are getting ganked is higher than when there's 10 level 90s in a zone. The chance you can catch a rare is higher if there are less people in that zone running Npcscan. The chance you are competing with others on herbs and ore is lower if there are less people in the zone. It ain't rocket science...

    The point here is that even PvE realms are suffering from 3 out of 4 of these CRZ issues. For PvP realms, its the 4th in addition to the first 3, and the time they rolled on the PvP realm they were on all these CRZ were far less populated. You can't blame a person for making a choice, settling their living somewhere, and then suddenly the neighborhood is changed by the local county and then say: "well it was your choice to live there." That choice never took into account the change. Could they've seen it coming? Well I don't know about you but I'm not a clairvoyant.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •