Thread: Dot question

Dot question

At 90, will a unholy dk's dots be close to as damaging as say a shadow priest? I would doubt an affliction lock. Ive heard yes and no asking in game so i figured i would come here.
    Thanks

mine tick for a combined 30kish per 3secs, not sure how that compares. if i apply them with all my str procs, then its 40-50k, depending if i potted or not. my base str is ~17k

Deleted
    They are all close (UH DK, SP and Affli).

Deleted
    may i slightly hijack this thread for a related question (ill test if no one has as yet)

as blood, specced into rolling blood - do your dots update based on your AP each time you BB or do they retain characteristics of the initial application? Just trying to tidy a few items on how to put out max DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SantaMaria View Post
    may i slightly hijack this thread for a related question (ill test if no one has as yet)

as blood, specced into rolling blood - do your dots update based on your AP each time you BB or do they retain characteristics of the initial application? Just trying to tidy a few items on how to put out max DPS.
    Good question, never checked it since I tank mainly in hc dungeons and it really doesn't matter there :P

But theorically it should just refresh the duration of your initial dots, so with the AP you applied them. IIRC diseases rolling was fixed back in Cata (in WotLK was possible tho) but it's better you double check it because at the moment I fail to remember how it works.