Howdy, I am in the process of leveling my DK which I started a bit before MoP and I'm just a few bars away from 90. Needless to say, it's been wildly fun and almost exactly what I've been looking for in a class. Fun melee, high sustained dps, and great lore. That being said, I had a few mechanics questions.
1. Is the best profession for Frost DKs engineering? It seems like the engineering bonus with pillar of frost would be a great thing to sync since they both have 1 min CDs. My current profession is Alchemy, and I'll add in engineering if it's agreed upon as the best profession for frost dks.
2. Simple one, if I have a Killing Machine proc and full runic power, should I Obliterate or Frost Strike?
3. From what I've gathered, 2H frost yields higher dps, yes?
4. How should I start fights, I've been doing: Horn of Winter, Pillar of Frost, Raise Dead, 2 Obliterates, then refreshing runes with Empower Rune Weapon, then Obliterating/Howling Blast/Frost Strike as necessary.
5. In a Soul Reaper Phase (<35%), what do I do with my unholy runes, anything?
I appreciate any feedback and simultaneously curse you for not making me try the class earlier!