Hello! Comming back to rift. Need some help :)

So its been a long time since release when I last played and id like to come back for another try as this xpac looks quite promising!

Few questions,

1. I defs want to be a Mage, but id like to do the best damage possible with no pet and nearly no DoTs if possible?
    Is there such a spec? D:

2. The harbinger, is it fun to play? does alot of damage?

3. I only ever got to like level 21 before I went back to wow, now I dont wanna quit wow, just looking for something to fill the all mighty boring gap I have in wow with nothing to do. Is it hard to level in rift? Because I found it quite repetitive and boring last time, has much changed?

Thanks guys! <333

Deleted
    what patch did you try?

Release patch haha, stop playing before they got to even do a patch D:

10+ Year Old Account
    So much has changed since release. Rift v1.0 is nothing like v1.11 - there was so much added.

Bit hard to say what damage is going to be like at 60, but mages, rogues and warriors never seem to have problems.

I imagine the harbinger will be competitive as it is a melee dps spec for the mage.

You can have up different talent builds ways and it's cheap to reset your talents for any particular soul. So, you can spec healer, dps, melee dps, support, etc...

Ahk cheers for the reply! Guess the best I can do is try Rift lite and see how it goes! Not keen on the leveling though :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganja0102 View Post
    Ahk cheers for the reply! Guess the best I can do is try Rift lite and see how it goes! Not keen on the leveling though :<
    The game is dead easier to level at the moment.

I enjoy the quest lines and have completed all the Rift Quest Zones on my one cleric (I got two as I leveled another before free transfers were made available).

But, in addition, since launch, you can now level with: Rifts, Instant Adventure, Quests, Warfronts, Dungeons, Dailies.

Also, a nice feature copied from GW2 (I assume) has been added - If you help kill a mob, both get XP - whether in group or not. Only loot is given to the person that tagged it.

There is a also a mentoring system in place where higher levels are downgraded to fill up the spots for Instant Adventure and Dungeons. Also, cross-faction dungeons and other PvE are in effect now.

Server transfers are now free, so start on a PvE server and transfer later if you so choose - it also doubles your help in the zone as Guardians + Defiant work together on PvE servers.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2012-11-16 at 07:48 AM.