Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to transport laptop without damaging it? Do not have laptop case?

Hello,
    I'm going to be moving to college tomorrow and I need tips on how to travel with a laptop without damaging it. I do not have a laptop case; all I have is a duffle bag, a backpack, and a suitcase. Would it be ok to store it in one of these, or would it just be better to carry it? Also, I am only driving 45 minutes to get to my campus, so it is not very far away.

Get a very dry, large towel, rub dryer sheets all over it to prevent it from getting static, and wrap your laptop in it and secure the end with duct tape or electrical tape. Then get a thin folded blanket, open it up by half and put it in and close it and put it somewhere flat in your car. Should be fine then.

Rainlights - 120 Blood Elf Monk (US-Illidan Horde)

Deleted
    It shouldn't be very sensitive, just wrap it in something soft and put it in your bag and it should be fine. I travel to school with my laptop every day and i just put it in my bag with a bunch of other random crap and nothing has every happened to it.

I brought my laptop to high school in a backpack and it didn't break. Just don't go throwing it on the ground and it should be fine.

Deleted
    I just threw mine in any random bag I happened to grab on my way out the door, maybe wrap it in kufya/towel/scarf if it was raining or snowing outside, never suffered from it.

It's a laptop, not porcelain. Grab a bag, put your laptop in it, put it somewhere it won't fall down or hit anything and your are safe to go.

You're driving, you can just put it on the floor of your car and it'll be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    A. Put it in somewhere safe.
    B. Wrap it with something
    C.Buy a Laptop Case.
    D.You can use any other bag.
    ^ You can do any of those 4.
    E.Have fun!

^ You SHOULD do that one.
    Howay the lads!

Put it between two pillows and set it on the floor in the backseat or front seat.

Deleted
    Use portals.

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Use portals.
    bahaha

but seriously, it isn't glass. i usually just throw mine on the back seat or something (literally throw)

10+ Year Old Account
    Get an IBM. Then you could use it to beat down zombies and it will still run fine at the end of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just stuff it in your suitcase in between all your clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by mickra123 View Post
    Hello,
    I'm going to be moving to college tomorrow and I need tips on how to travel with a laptop without damaging it. I do not have a laptop case; all I have is a duffle bag, a backpack, and a suitcase. Would it be ok to store it in one of these, or would it just be better to carry it? Also, I am only driving 45 minutes to get to my campus, so it is not very far away.
    Put the laptop between two pillows (I assume you'll be bringing those as well).

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 09:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    You're driving, you can just put it on the floor of your car and it'll be fine.
    Nah, the only thing that sucks then is if you have to slam on your brakes it will go flying and probably break the screen. Trust me, I have done this accidentally.

Simple. Just put it in your backpack.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    it's a laptop... it's supposed to be moved a lot so i guess it won't break if you just put it on a seat while driving

I've carried a laptop in my backpack, along with notebooks, books, random junk, for the past 10 years. They all ran fine and expired naturally due to graphics card overheating.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Laptops have gotten very breakable recently, you should be fine putting it anywhere, i had a laptop a few years back, a HP, And i also was going through some stuff, and kept getting very angry, and i literaly used to throw my laptop across the room, i used to slam it, punch it, insult it(lol) and it never stopped working

I always throw my desktop into a suitcase surrounded by cloths, never had an Issue yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.

Just get one of these
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.