Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm a fan of the game. Love SW:TOR, however what I'm seeing will not drum up business as they claim. The restrictions does not help give the subscribers a better game experience.
    Let me start off with the usual complains. The UI restrictions are beyond stupid and charging people for UI is being totally greedy EA. They know the gear design is crap people been complaining about it since launch and never stopped so you charging to hide ugly helms and unifying colors. Not a need but come on do they REALLY need to charge for THAT?

Now this is going to annoy people even more and dissuade them from continuing. The inability to create a party. Come on, pretty much every F2P model allows this. If you get an influx of players most of the people in the lower zones will be F2P players and the fact they can't party up to do some questing esp the group ones isn't gonna go down well.

And finally an issue not a lot of people are going to agree with me on. The restrictions on Warzones, Flashpoints and MAYBE operations are too harsh. You're already giving them reduced rewards (XP, Cash, Drops (not 100% sure), Valor, etc) you gonna say hey 5 Warzones for the week. Those who've played before knows how it is very much possible to have 5 losses in a row. Guess what, can't finish the weekly quest with that. Also what happens when all these people use up their weekly amounts for Warzones and Flashpoints? The subscribers are now going to have a much smaller pool of players for the encounters to pop. Subscribers are going to have longer queue times and that's going to piss them off. Operations could be restricted to story mode with reduced drops, not the last one that came out with Nova Coast, forgot it's name.

I haven't played DCUO never bothered checking it out with their restrictions and people are wishing SW:TOR was as "lax" as DCUO. A LOT of people are not going to bother trying. If you want to see a decent Sub -> F2P model check out Champions Online. Granted some of the thing wouldn't work out as well here but the game lets people get wrapped up and not feel restricted but have them desiring to see and experience the shinies.

Bottom line what EA put down is not going to help the game at all.

Deleted
    EA/Bioware failed with SWTOR launch a year back and they failed with the free 2 play launch! Failed twice in a row with the same game on 2 launches!
    You would belive that EA/Bioware learned something from their past mistake... But no no! I belive that Bioware wasent ment to be in charge of a mmorpg!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyberlol View Post
    EA/Bioware failed with SWTOR launch a year back and they failed with the free 2 play launch! Failed twice in a row with the same game on 2 launches!
    You would belive that EA/Bioware learned something from their past mistake... But no no! I belive that Bioware wasent ment to be in charge of a mmorpg!
    Please explain futher on how BW failed TOR's launch last year. Some details would be nice as I was there and can't remember any such failing at all.

Also please let me know how the F2P has been a failure. I'm all ears. Thanks.

So I logged in again after a long while as F2P and it's so horribly restricted it's just no fun anymore. I don't even care about limited warzones and flashpoints and operations, I don't have the time these days to do a lot of those anyway.

Here's what I found:
    - 5 months worth of rested bonus "only subscribers can use rested xp"
    - Your XP gain has been reduced because you're not a subscriber (And I was already underleveled)
    - You completed a quest? great, but you can't choose that reward until you subscribe.
    - You want to buy something from a vendor? vendor prices are lower when you subscribe!
    - You want to use a trade skill, sorry, you have to disable one of your tradeskills because you can't have three until you subscribe.
    - Your inventory is full? subscribe or pay money to get more space!
    - You want enough quick bars to actually fit all your abilities, buy it here or subscribe!
    and then I'd had enough and logged out again. Maybe I'll subscribe again some day, but playing f2p getting constant messages telling you to subscribe and not being able to play the game normally is just not worth my time.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah the xp reduction is flat out ridiculous, especially when there are planets where normal subscribers would run out of things to do before they could go anywhere else, then what happens with a ~20% xp cut?
    don't even get me started on the cartel coins bonuses they promised old subs, im supposed to get 1100 coins at f2p launch according to the page with all the details on who gets what, but instead i can only get 1000 of them if i sub BY DECEMBER 20, really you can't bother just giving the coins that i would only use on a f2p account while im still on this f2p account?
    oh and apparently according to their list of restrictions compared to account types, if you are not subbed then you are somehow restricted from using CUSTOMER SUPPORT, so a free player can not tell mods about a bug that he comes across or in general give any sort of feed back? wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    They know the gear design is crap people been complaining about it since launch and never stopped so you charging to hide ugly helms and unifying colors. Not a need but come on do they REALLY need to charge for THAT?
    Actually, in my opinion it's one of the best things to charge money for - esthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Please explain futher on how BW failed TOR's launch last year. Some details would be nice as I was there and can't remember any such failing at all.

Also please let me know how the F2P has been a failure. I'm all ears. Thanks.
    I'll agree, as a launch, I think things went pretty well. Its just the game as a whole.

If you read comments from any gaming website or game players, 99% of them are ripping this "F2P" model. Namely the UI mods, toolbars, hide helm, and unify colors.

The lottery boxes are stupid, I knew people were going to get crap and duplicates.

How F2P SHOULD work: Create some new awesome looking gear, trinkets, mounts, and other doo-dads where people will spend money, unlocks for F2P based on making the game more fun (not to make the game playable); ie - spend money to unlock additional toons-races, larger inventory-more items on the AH, NOT paying money to hide helm, get another UI bar, etc.

They should have also introduced some additional items to Paying subscribers: Up the GTN limit to 100 per toon from 50, etc...........

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    So I logged in again after a long while as F2P and it's so horribly restricted it's just no fun anymore. I don't even care about limited warzones and flashpoints and operations, I don't have the time these days to do a lot of those anyway.

Here's what I found:
    - 5 months worth of rested bonus "only subscribers can use rested xp"
    - Your XP gain has been reduced because you're not a subscriber (And I was already underleveled)
    - You completed a quest? great, but you can't choose that reward until you subscribe.
    - You want to buy something from a vendor? vendor prices are lower when you subscribe!
    - You want to use a trade skill, sorry, you have to disable one of your tradeskills because you can't have three until you subscribe.
    - Your inventory is full? subscribe or pay money to get more space!
    - You want enough quick bars to actually fit all your abilities, buy it here or subscribe!
    and then I'd had enough and logged out again. Maybe I'll subscribe again some day, but playing f2p getting constant messages telling you to subscribe and not being able to play the game normally is just not worth my time.
    It's almost like many of you have never experienced a F2P MMO before (please, don't argue that I called it F2P and it's not, it's for lack of a better term). Any F2P game I've ever seen has a limitation on bag space. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    It's almost like many of you have never experienced a F2P MMO before (please, don't argue that I called it F2P and it's not, it's for lack of a better term). Any F2P game I've ever seen has a limitation on bag space. This is nothing new.
    Please, this isn't "free to play", its an extended trial. 1 profession for Trials? what the heck can you craft with one profession?????????? How this is setup, is to milk EXISTING customers for all the money they can, not to entice brand new customers. Word of mouth, people say this F2P sucks to all their friends, social media, etc. How MMO's work, the more people in the MMO, the better. If you aren't growing your population base, you're dying. More people = shorter pvp queues, shorter LFD, people to do quests with, healthier economy.

The amount of stupid Bioware has put into this trial is laughable, and shows they don't belong in the MMO market.

This is like someone owning a restaurant for an all you can eat filet mignon but charging $35.99 per plate its served on.

Quote Originally Posted by ariakul View Post
    Please, this isn't "free to play", its an extended trial. 1 profession for Trials? what the heck can you craft with one profession?????????? How this is setup, is to milk EXISTING customers for all the money they can, not to entice brand new customers. Word of mouth, people say this F2P sucks to all their friends, social media, etc. How MMO's work, the more people in the MMO, the better. If you aren't growing your population base, you're dying. More people = shorter pvp queues, shorter LFD, people to do quests with, healthier economy.

The amount of stupid Bioware has put into this trial is laughable, and shows they don't belong in the MMO market.

This is like someone owning a restaurant for an all you can eat filet mignon but charging $35.99 per plate its served on.
    You quoted me and didn't even bother to read what I wrote in the parentheses. I stopped reading what you said after your first sentence because anything you said afterward became null in my mind.

You quoted me and didn't even bother to read what I wrote in the parentheses. I stopped reading what you said after your first sentence because anything you said afterward became null in my mind.
    Sorry if my post sounded like I made an attack at you, I didn't mean for it to come off that way. I should have separated the first sentence, the rest of that post is just in general, not to you.

Sorry!

I just got done checking out the SWTOR forums. The amount of stupid is mind boggling. They are saying the Trials should be happy with 5 WZ's a week and to pay if they don't like it. Then in another post, the same people are complaining about 45-60 minute WZ queues. If only there was a solution.................

Telling people not use the F2P term is pointless since that is the term that BioWare is using. Saying it's more of Freemium, or something else is fine but it's sort pointless and silly to pick on people for using the official term for it.

It's not any specific issue that's the problem (except reduced XP, I already ran out of quests before f2p, finishing class stories and all planets that lead up to it before even hitting 48) It's the way the game throws "Pay for this! Pay for that!" in your face for everything you're trying to do.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Deleted
    EA wont listen to anyone unless the few soules that subscribe to the game stops, and the F2p people dont do any transactions and moan on the forums