Deleted

Affliction bout hit capped or not.

So I've been using SimCraft to check out scale's and so on. I noticed everytime I Sim my hit is actually less worth than Haste/Mastery.
    So I decided to watch other Warlocks in WoL/Armory, and confirmed some of them actually have 1-3% less hit than 15.00%.
    I know Exp is a way to reforge, I double checked if they actually had any Exp.

So my question is:
    If I hit UA/Corruption/Agony on target, will they guarantee deal dmg/tick or can I actually miss a tick when not capped. Or does it work like I think, (the whole dot miss, and if it lands you get out all ticks).

and

How much less hit is it NOTworth going under? The lowest Warlock result I found was 12%.
    If there is something I am missing, please comment.

Deleted
    it is a purely personal decision. I went from having 12-13% hit back to hit cap when I got the occasional MG and Haunt miss as I dont like to miss spells.
    Hit is (for all classes) probably the most boring and uninteresting stat I have come across in any game and needs to be either completely reworked, or removed.

Deleted
    Can agree it's personal. But if it's a DPS bonus (altho it involves RNG), I would consider trying it on farm bosses.
    But what Im most curious about is if I hit a DoT, can it miss during it's time on the target?

I would personally feel that I would rather go full hit, then getting some minor downtime in WoL ^^

Ticks will never miss. Only the initial cast can miss.

That question again....

Please, read the different posts about that, you will find plenty of information about it.

Hit is bad and you should feel bad.

<And you should prefere the report button over spaming. Threads merged.>

Aw, I never saw that button before, sorry
    Last edited by Shauni; 2012-11-16 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSociety View Post
    So I've been using SimCraft to check out scale's and so on. I noticed everytime I Sim my hit is actually less worth than Haste/Mastery.
    So I decided to watch other Warlocks in WoL/Armory, and confirmed some of them actually have 1-3% less hit than 15.00%.
    I know Exp is a way to reforge, I double checked if they actually had any Exp.

So my question is:
    If I hit UA/Corruption/Agony on target, will they guarantee deal dmg/tick or can I actually miss a tick when not capped. Or does it work like I think, (the whole dot miss, and if it lands you get out all ticks).

and

How much less hit is it NOTworth going under? The lowest Warlock result I found was 12%.
    If there is something I am missing, please comment.
    Your ticks will never miss, only the initial cast. How ever if you SB:SS it's possible that 1 or more of your dots will miss and u will end up only applying only 1 or 2 with one SB:SS. The DPS gain is really minor between being hitcapped or not, on some pulls non hitcapped build will result in higher numbers and sometimes lower. Being non hitcapped is RNG, if you get unlucky and miss haunt during sub 20% or something like that. It's personal preference if u wanna be hitcapped and be sure that your UA cast will always land on target and u dont need to worry about double refreshing it.

I personally run hitcapped, topping with it and I dont need to pay so much attention to any misses and I can focus more on boss mechanics.

I've missed the last soul drain tick on a celestial protector right before the charge phase once on Elegon... needless to say that was aids and that was with 13.5 ish hit. It's not worth potentially getting aids.

Deleted
    The reason why simcraft values hit so low is that it can react to misses so fast that no man can do, so personally i'd go for the hit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokeri View Post
    The reason why simcraft values hit so low is that it can react to misses so fast that no man can do, so personally i'd go for the hit cap.
    It actually has the reaction time set to "human", not machine automated reaction time which is instant. It takes into account the lag setting you have in your SC profile as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    It actually has the reaction time set to "human", not machine automated reaction time which is instant. It takes into account the lag setting you have in your SC profile as well.
    Yes, but you have to humanize it further, as if you were casting UA, it missed, you queue'd haunt, now cancel cast, recast, etc., and compare that to casting haunt and reapplying UA afterwards and compare cost/benefit to committing or cancelling your cast, which is incredibly difficult. You can program simcraft to take into account all that, but there is a human speed factor that cannot be easily quantified, and as good as us humans can be, we are far more likely to react incorrectly unless we progressively miss in the same way almost every time. Not capping hit only increases the range of your DPS, but you're as likely to hit that high as you are to hit that low, and your average doesn't change very much. If you need the consistency, your best bet is to cap hit.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason many warlocks have 14% hit according to armory, is that they are orcs with wands, which makes them get the 1% expertise bonus. In other words, hit capping is probably more common than you might think.

But like others already have said, even if sims value hit lower than mastery and haste, it's still most likely worth it to cap for us human players.

Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    The reason many warlocks have 14% hit according to armory, is that they are orcs with wands, which makes them get the 1% expertise bonus. In other words, hit capping is probably more common than you might think.

But like others already have said, even if sims value hit lower than mastery and haste, it's still most likely worth it to cap for us human players.
    Not quite. While orcs get an exp bonus just like gnomes with daggers and swords, etc. the percentage doesn't change. If it says 14% on the armory, then they are 1% under hit cap. All the bonus does is change the value of 14% hit rating. Without any bonus, hit cap is 15% or 5100 hit rating. If you get an extra 1% you reach 15% hit at a lower hit rating than 5100 (don't know off hand what that number is). But the chance to miss isn't based on the number rather the percentage. So every player has a 15% chance to miss spells and must reach 15% to not miss regardless of bonus. Having an extra 1% just reduces the number you need to hit 15%. If you look at someone with a bonus and they are at 14% and look at someone without the bonus at 14%, they will have each have a different amount of hit. If you just added the percentage bonus to the percentage it gives you, then two people at 14% would have the same amount. It is confusing when it says you get 1% extra hit as it makes you think, well if I'm at 14% I'm good, but that is not the case. It should say you gain x amount of hit rating.

Hopefully that all made sense.

EDIT: To spell it out a little further I looked at my Worgen lock friend who is at 14.42% hit which is 4902 hit rating. My gnome using a dagger (adds 1% expertise) is at 14.39% hit but only 4551 hit rating. You can see how my 1% expertise is already factored in to the percentage the game fires back at me. So do not make the error of thinking you are hit capped at 14% because of a bonus to hit rating and assume you just add it on manually.
    Last edited by Purrberry; 2012-11-19 at 03:05 AM.