Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Naxx farming gear

Is it possible a dw frost dk with only dps gear lvl 90 to solo naxx25?

Mostly, yes. You wont be able to kill gluth 25 alone, unless you are a night elf and cheese it. Patchwerk will be hard if your gear isnt good enough. I'm assuming you do have a blood spec, by the way. Soloing is usually done in dps gear anyways.

Deleted
    Patchwerk 25 without the blood shield mastery from blood spec and without some tanking gear would be a massacre
    Razuvious might be tricky too.

Deleted
    Most of it would be very easy, about patchwerk and gluth, yes they might not be straight forward, but I'm pretty sure you can do it as frost.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    Patchwerk 25 without the blood shield mastery from blood spec and without some tanking gear would be a massacre
    He wont kill Patch.. hell hes hard on 10man. As for Razu.. just zerg himdown before the dmg/adds overwhelm you

Deleted
    Patch is easy :3 I did it as blood in DPS gear - Easily can burn him down in Full frost, dunno what people are saying.

gluth wasn't doable.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta remember the health is very low in naxx, even in 25...actually today I solo'd the whole thing on my dk cause I was bored...and its a great cash, keep all the trans gear you want vendor the rest...I did it as blood though, in my pvp gear...most I got hit for was 10k, which is nothing when your well beyond 400k lmao, as for a dps dk... probably, things hit very weak...but you wont have the heals or absorb shields, so I would just spec into blood...or try it and find out.

Necro strike gluth though, otherwise the fucker takes forever lol...but I was blood, you might have the dps advantage that I didn't this morning!

And idk why you all are saying its hard, I went in pvp gear...even on patchwerk I didn't drop below 90% hp at any point o_O
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-16 at 04:43 PM.

Both Razuvious and Patchwerk will require a blood spec. Patchwerk is pretty tough even in blood if you are using DPS gear. Raxuvious is easily done in DPS gear, only hairy part is with all the adds up. I haven't tried Gluth at all in 25man, but he was easily doable with DPS gear in 10man pre-MoP; just ignored the adds and DPS would outpace him eating the zombies. You may need to be go frost to overwhelm his healing in 25man, but I don't know for sure. Every other boss is cake in DPS gear.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2012-11-16 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I'd say Razuvious > Patchwerk in terms of the amount of damage going out, definitely recommend Blood for both of them. If you dropped down to 10 man though OP, you could easily do both in Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    And idk why you all are saying its hard, I went in pvp gear...even on patchwerk I didn't drop below 90% hp at any point o_O
    Frankly I don't believe this. Hateful strikes still hit for 20k+, which isn't much individually but they land about every 2 seconds without avoidance gear. Once he enrages there is no way you stayed above 90%.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Frankly I don't believe this. Hateful strikes still hit for 20k+, which isn't much individually but they land about every 2 seconds without avoidance gear. Once he enrages there is no way you stayed above 90%.
    Well I did it this morning, with no problem at all...just kept my absorb shield up, at 101% on the mastery...423k hp, so idk what to tell you...

Just logged in, went to a dummy...and absorb shield from 1 death-strike alone is 72k, my 2nd was 98k, 3rd is 131k...and that's not including any dmg he would do to me to benefit from the 5sec increase.....so idk why you wouldn't think its possible o_O
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-16 at 05:18 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I have no problem with thinking you did Patch in 25 man, that you stayed over 90% the whole time sounds like a big fat lie though.
    I don't see why its that hard to believe, its old content...really old content, therefore avoidance gear is trivial because your natural 90 stats are right around what a tank would have back then anyways, not to mention the lvl gain you have on him....other than that you just keep absorb shield rolling, if you cycle your runes with rune tap you can death-strike over and over...therefore keeping absorb shield up at all times. If if a few hits came through, the next deathstrike would heal me to full not to mention put an even larger absorb shield up as it gains the benefit from "dmg from the proceeding 5sec"...so yea

I don't know how many of play deathknights, or at least are familiar with their absorb shields but they can get rather high...which is why its my choice of solo'ing content lol
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-17 at 11:11 AM.

Been clearing Naxx in DPS gear and Blood spec for the past few weeks, yet to encounter any problems with any boss. Gluth on 25 may require some help but DPS gear and Frost spec works fine in the 10 man. Patchwerk may also kill you before you kill him if you want to do it as Frost. In truth I just don't know why you wouldn't clear the whole thing as Blood anyway, in DPS gear my DPS is pretty passable single target wise at 50-60k and you get the added bonus of being able to pick up every trash mob in the wing and kill them all at once.

Deleted
    solod patch 10m in cata , 4.3 with pvp gear and my 1 trinket from pvp with the health use and the other 1 with mastery. i think 25m will be doable now

Deleted
    You only need 22k dps to solo Gluth in 10m, does anyone know how much is needed for 25m? it it's something like 55k that's quite easily doable as blood in dps gear so you should be able to just zerg it, but I'm guessing it must be more as people are saying that it's difficult. (Only soloed military ward on 25m for Armageddon, which continues to evade me)

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but I could successfully do Gluth 25 while kiting him around his room. If you have Death's Advance and run around strafing you can DPS Gluth while you kite the adds. Another helpfull thing on that fight is Glyph of Death and Decay, making Death and Decay Slow all the adds, you could also instead of Death's Advance go for the slow and spread diseases with Roiling Blood + Pestilence Glyph.

So, be blood, spread either slow diseases on the adds, couple it with DnD if needed or go Death's Advance. I killed him twice now with just that tactic.

Or you could just use all Death Runes on Necrotic Strike and be done with it in no time. It's the only fight that requires pre-planning.

Deleted
    I tried clearing 25 Naxx a while back, as blood, in PvP gear. Two malevolent pieces, 2900 DPS weapon from a scenario. Health somewhere a bit over half a million with buffs. Full mastery reforge where possible, DPS stats reforged to dodge where mastery was already found.

All I can tell you is that my DPS wasn't enough to kill Patchwerk before the enrage, and it wasn't a breeze staying alive. I was pretty much teetering at the edge of staying topped up, or in other words, not starting to slowly hemorrhage health. No idea about my DPS, didn't have recount or anything.

Could be easy in DPS PvE gear, seeing as though it won't have much worse survival stats, and the DPS should be much much higher.

A word of warning though: if you're similarly geared, don't expect to kill him as blood. I personally won't be going back until I get my Malevolent axe, and even then I'm not expecting to kill the guy. I got him to like 10-20% something, not sure, didn't really pay attention.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-11-23 at 12:57 PM.

I seem to recall 96k dps to beat Gluth on 25m, not a bloody clue where I am pulling this number from though. Total bitch, rest is pretty faceroll.

Has anyone specifically farmed trash for the Silent Crusader? If so, which mobs do you suggest and do the mobs there grant Dark Succor upon killing them?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I tried clearing 25 Naxx a while back, as blood, in PvP gear. Two malevolent pieces, 2900 DPS weapon from a scenario. Health somewhere a bit over half a million with buffs. Full mastery reforge where possible, DPS stats reforged to dodge where mastery was already found.

All I can tell you is that my DPS wasn't enough to kill Patchwerk before the enrage, and it wasn't a breeze staying alive. I was pretty much teetering at the edge. No idea about my DPS, didn't have recount or anything.

Could be easy in DPS PvE gear, seeing as though it won't have much worse survival stats, and the DPS should be much much higher.

A word of warning though: if you're similarly geared, don't expect to kill him as blood. I personally won't be going back until I get my Malevolent axe, and even then I'm not expecting to kill the guy. I got him to like 10-20% something, not sure, didn't really pay attention.
    Waaa? Did it last reset on 25 as Blood with about 40-50k DPS. He's the only boss in there that can actually move your health bar (Raz doesn't compare...honestly did it for the lulz in the same reset, didn't take me below 90%) but you just cycle VB and BS and maybe even the odd RT here and there and the jobs a good en.

Did Thadius on 25 aswell, went several minutes into the enrage and noticed it actually has a duration.....I'm really tempted to see what happens if it does time out but would involve not DPSing the boss at all untill he actually enrages because you need to DS constantly to stay alive when he actually enrages.

Might try Gluth on 25 this week too, normally only takes me to 70-80% on 10 man as Frost but the biggest problem I can see is that I'll need to use AotD but they won't follow me out of the pipe when ever I've tried summoning them there and he seems to pull as soon as I hit the floor. With AotD/pre pot/etc then I'm pretty sure most Frost DK's are opening at around the 120k+ region so the DPS requirement should be manageable. (/edit just realised I still need Slayer of the Lifeless so 10 man it is this week)

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Vereesa, I'm farming 25 man trash for Silent Crusader like you and I would recommend Blood over Frost any day.....mostly just for the convenience of being able to pull all the trash at once compared to keeping pulls small as Frost because you can't self heal. If you want to go back in the week then the best technique I can think of is to leave wing bosses up and clear all of the outer rings then reset. The trash between Noth and Hagen seems to be the highest density area and there's barely any trash in it's outer ring so maybe leaving Heigan up would be a good idea too.