Question PvP Destro for Random BGs

Hey guys, I been having a tough time deciding what if I should go with Crit or Mastery with my Destro lock for PvP.

Guides usually say Crit, some say Mastery, and looking at players armory I see both.

I only play random BGs, and just very occasionaly an arena, but its pretty much just random BGs. Currently I have it reforged to Crit, but I been hearing a lot of folks telling me that Mastery gives way more damage overall, and would be better for a random BG. What u guys think bout that?

What you Destro PvPers locks have been reforging to?

Deleted
    Whilst crit is indeed good, mastery will generally be better (imo) for things such as Chaos Bolt, which is your hardest hitting ability. And since it crits anyway, might as well ramp up the damage with mastery.

On no account do I claim to be an expert in these things. This is just going off my own experience and what i've seen ingame

Mastery for 200k Chaos Bolts and 25% ember taps. Crit for better ember generation.

Since you can stay on 4 embers nearly constantly during a bg due to shadowburn, I'd recommend Mastery.

Ok so Crit is only better for ember generation?

Ember generation and RNG luck with conflags, pretty much.

Crit is viable in arena because double conflag crits+chaos bolt is instant death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Ember generation and RNG luck with conflags, pretty much.

Crit is viable in arena because double conflag crits+chaos bolt is instant death.
    No not really, even for arena mastery is superior.
    None the less, as far as I know you have 2 secondary stats on pvp gear so why don't you just get both? >.>

Oh boy... Here I go again on my reforge quest lol

I guess I´m gonna give mastery a try then and see if I feel the difference.

Will I be feeling a big difference on the ember generating time or is it something barely noticeble?

Deleted
    Mastery > Crit > Haste, reforge exactly the same as you would for PvE.

Crit is good for ember generation, but the amount is so negligible that you'll want simple flat-out damage from Mastery.

Mastery boosts all of your spells damage, Crit only boosts Chaosbolt just to clarify, as I see the question so many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumaw View Post
    Oh boy... Here I go again on my reforge quest lol

I guess I´m gonna give mastery a try then and see if I feel the difference.

Will I be feeling a big difference on the ember generating time or is it something barely noticeble?
    Losing less than 2% crit will not be noticeable in ember generation.

I will burn your soul.