Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    Why can't people be honest?

    Why can't you just say 'This week RNG fucked me, so this new system is the worst thing in the world ever. EVER'

    That is until next week when you get an item from every boss, then however you won't be as eager to run to a forum and write 'This new system is the best thing EVER, I got everything I wanted and therefore it's amazing'
    "The fact that you don't get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else - that's why you're a cocksucker." - Bill Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    The playerbase has been desiring this for years and when it's finally here, everyone wants to grab a pitchfork. Ridiculous. This community is disgustingly toxic.
    Please send all PM's with a read receipt, that way both you and I will know I'm not reading them....

  2. #42
    Pit Lord Alltat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scandinavia
    Posts
    2,453
    Panda one is better if you're an honest person, as you don't have to be a bastard needing on items you don't need and trading them for stuff you do to get your fair (intended) share of loot. Panda one is worse if you're a jerk and didn't mind stealing people's stuff so you can trade it back to them for things you actually want.

    With the new system, you can't cheat any more. If you liked cheating, you'll probably dislike this.


    My preferred system would be the Panda one, but with the items you win inside the bag you get. So that rather than randomly getting items or a bag of gold, you get a bag that may contain useful items. Right now I feel that the looting excitement is gone, because by the time you're done actually fighting the boss, the looting has already been handled automatically.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

  3. #43
    Old LFR Loot System - You were not only at the mercy of the bosses dropping one of 4 items that you COULD use (RNG #1), but also about rolling higher than EVERYONE ELSE that could use it (RNG #2), cause no matter how many of you say "Oh, I passed on gear I didn't need", we are a bleeding minority that is so small in that respect it isn't funny. The most winners of any run of either half of Dragon Soul was 16 (4 bosses per half, 4 items per boss).

    New LFR Loot System - You are at the mercy of the loot RNG of getting something your spec can use, based on that boss' loot tables. And every boss has at least ONE item for every class and spec. Not always the best item, but it is there. No matter how many people win loot, you always got the same chance of winning. Most people that can win an item per half of an LFR queue is up to 150 (75 for normal rolls, 75 for bonus rolls), though the odds of THAT are beyond insane.

    I'll take the new system any day. When you remove the "other people" from the equation of who gets loot, it becomes a better system. I mean, this week, on Wednesday, myself and 6 guildies joined up to do both halves of HoF. We one-shot every boss (this included the second half, as a first-time run for virtually everyone in the LFR group), and I myself got a total of 4 items and 2 sigils of wisdom for the runs (Ret Paladin). Both times I got equipment, it was 2 items from 1 boss: Got the Ring on Blade Lord, bonus rolled the Belt. Got the Leg Token on Amber-Shaper, bonus rolled the Shoulders. At the very least, our whole guild that was present each got at least 1 item drop that night. With the old LFR, that wouldn't even be anywhere near possible.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

  4. #44
    Well, the current one is fine for pick up groups.. but I do believe that if you have a full guild group it should be the old system.

    But since we don't have that option, the current system is fine, but it would be fun to see who's getting loot, just for the sake of it.

  5. #45
    Hmm....Good arguments, but I think Ill stick to Current system Do understand the point where you dont have the choice for the gear. Or actually, maybe its cos we dont see the gear drops, could that be the prob? I for one wouldnt mind seeing what pieces other people get. That would if nothing else prove the gear exists
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, the current one is fine for pick up groups.. but I do believe that if you have a full guild group it should be the old system.

    But since we don't have that option, the current system is fine, but it would be fun to see who's getting loot, just for the sake of it.
    If you have a full guild group, and doing this in addition to a regular run, you're basically getting a shot at gear for everyone, plus some valor and sigils, in what must be a 20 minute run and for almost no effort. Then, you get to do the real thing and get the good stuff.

    I hope you aren't charging people DKP for LFR loot. ;p

    My guess would be that adding the ability to change loot options in LFR and assign loot master would lead to nightmarish outcomes similar to the good old days of half-assed trade pugs where the RL's girlfriend got any loot that looked good on her hunter.
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-11-16 at 06:24 PM.

  7. #47
    It's not master looter, but more the ability to trade loot. If you do a dungeon, everybody can roll need if it's a guild group, if you are not in a guild group, you can only need on items you can use. So if that was also the case for LFR, it would be awesome. Because the only reason our 2x10 man groups are doing LFR together is to get rid of blues ASAP and not ever do LFR again.

    Plus it would probably create incentive to do 25 man raiding for many people that are more casual. It's a social game after all.

  8. #48
    Liked the old one more. The current one I find way to boring.

  9. #49
    Mechagnome tennesseej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    619
    I agree that the new system is less interactive than the old system, but I think that is appropriate for LFR.

    If they ever went to this loot system in all raiding, I think people would hate it so much more. Organized groups have the coordination and the steadyness (meaning they will see each other again) to make decisions on loot.

    In LFR, there were too many times where someone wasn't has noble/honest as the OP and the needed on loot they didn't need or couldn't use. Because I won't likely encounter them again, there was nothing I could do except need everything myself and hope for the best.

    I think it is a great system for LFR, and has led to a lot less loot drama and an overall increase in the LFR experience.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

  10. #50
    Herald of the Titans Kurgath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Draenor
    Posts
    2,878
    In few words, the new one by far.

  11. #51
    Legendary! Asmekiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maybe over there
    Posts
    6,505
    The new one is better. Now I can only blame RNG and don't have to see boomkins with resto offspec as secondclass players anymore. Why did they love to roll on agi trinkets/rings all the time...

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehl View Post
    Liked the old one more. The current one I find way to boring.
    Losing loot to people who took an item to trade for another and then just left if they didn't want was more fun? Or losing to the guy who just wanted to vendor the item or trans mog it? Or losing to the guy who brought 5 of his friends if you queue'd alone? Offspecs stealing your ms gear? Still having to hope what you wanted to drop would drop and then win it? Hell I saw a paladin once win every Gurthalok that dropped on a DW kill, didn't trade any of the extras(3 dropped).

    I mean honestly what made the other one more "fun"? I can understand feeling you had better odds in the old system, especially if you could queue with people to help you roll on things giving you an unfair advantage, but I can't see what made it inherently more fun unless you were able to regularly and consistently game the system like that to a significant degree.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2012-11-16 at 08:11 PM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

  13. #53
    I think the current one is much better, less loot drama makes this one win hands down compared to the old loot system.
    However it is of course not without its problem.

    The first problem is assigning loots based on your current spec when defeating the boss, extremely annoying when you see 5 or more plates spec into tanks on some encounters just so they want tank gears from that boss.
    I am not sure of an easy way to fix the issue though, if the system assigns loot based on the role you queued in with, that would probably encourage people to just leave the group and queue as another spec for that specific fight; if they include offspecs that may actually cause trouble forcing people to have to switch out their offspecs if they only want gears for the main specs.
    The best way I could come with is probably allow people to manually select which spec gears they want to receive out of combat, maybe have a cast time similar to switching specs. For example if you want tank pieces off a certain boss you could switch over to tank loots before engaging the boss (thus giving up your chances on dps gears) and toggle it back when you are done with the boss. (Probably a lot of codings to solve to make it work though.)

    Another problem people have mentioned is the endless bags of 28 golds, if it is indeed just a psychological issue then what about this: instead of the stupid rolling icon between gear and gold you get the icon of a rolling dice, then the system do a automatic roll for you, let's say you get gear if it rolls a 85 or higher while getting the same bag of gold of you if it is below. Would that make us feel better?
    Last edited by taaveti; 2012-11-16 at 09:15 PM.

  14. #54
    New one is far better, couldn't stand the constant "omg you stole my lootz" and the like... Also hearing about people needing on items just because they could sell it to a vendor made me want to throw the old system out the window, which fortunately Blizzard did.

  15. #55
    I've only gotten one piece and have cleared it every week since it was unlocked and I still enjoy this loot system over Cata's.

  16. #56
    New system is asshole proof and this alone makes it far better than old one. Whether you get showered with gear or just gold it's matter of RNG and only it.
    In DS LFR i often seen players decked in HM gear (ilvl 410) rolling need on ilvl 384 LFR drops because they could. Propably disenchanted, vendored or gave to his friend afterward but they could roll and therefore prevented other people from actually getting an upgrade. Normal loot system is ok for guild runs because you're certain that you won't get robbed of your gear, in LFR where 25 total strangers meet it's no use. During DS i hardly won anything in LFR and when I did i rolled 190-200 value, competing with at least 8 different people for that piece, so every damn player that could press need did so.

    Old system could be improved very easily - need before greed system could detect your currently equipped itemlevel in that slot (when rolling on weapon for example it would check your weapon ilvl) and when you have equal or better equipped it simply wouldn't let you need. Better spec detection too and voila, perfect system that lets you roll need on gear you really need - ie. the loot is an upgrade to your currently selected spec.
    Last edited by Esubane; 2012-11-16 at 09:20 PM.

  17. #57
    I do like the new system better, but I wish it would either check to see if you actually need the item or at least still let you trade.

    I got lucky and got the 496 tier gloves from the world boss, and I've had 476 gloves drop 3 times now. Instead of sharding another pair of gloves, I would rather get another bag, or at least be able to trade/give the gloves away. But overall this system is much better than the need-fest that was the old system.

  18. #58
    I like the new system BUT I do wish the items were could be traded. Since nobody knows what items another person gets they could easily trade it to another member without anybody in the group knowing. Just don't allow any items OTHER then gear to be traded and there won't be a problem. Then people couldn't sell gear easily. I do understand that people people could ask for paypal payments but I know 99% of the population would immediately report any /w suggesting that.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I like the current system a whole lot better.

    I was one of eight (8!) paladins in an LFR two nights ago. We downed the Empress and I won a tier token. I was utterly ecstatic, ran loops around the room. I know that if the old LFR system had been in place I would have been subject to furious whispers from all those other paladins rolling level 1s on my server, threatening my children or offering improbable sexual favors in exchange for that tier chest piece. As it was, everyone went back to their realms with their prizes or their bags of rocks and I was left in peace to admire my new purple pixels.
    I love the way you worded this "improbable sexual favors." Like, damn...BJ for a Tier piece...Sounds like a good deal, too bad it's unlikely.

    New system is way better - there is still room for improvement.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Losing loot to people who took an item to trade for another and then just left if they didn't want was more fun? Or losing to the guy who just wanted to vendor the item or trans mog it? Or losing to the guy who brought 5 of his friends if you queue'd alone? Offspecs stealing your ms gear? Still having to hope what you wanted to drop would drop and then win it? Hell I saw a paladin once win every Gurthalok that dropped on a DW kill, didn't trade any of the extras(3 dropped).

    I mean honestly what made the other one more "fun"? I can understand feeling you had better odds in the old system, especially if you could queue with people to help you roll on things giving you an unfair advantage, but I can't see what made it inherently more fun unless you were able to regularly and consistently game the system like that to a significant degree.
    I would argue, that there's still a certain intensity when it comes time to beat the odds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •