Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Which Raid Finder Loot System do you like better?

Contrary to some popular beliefs/threads, I do believe Blizz listens to its customers. Can they always please the 5 loudest? No, but that doesn't mean they don't listen.

I wanted to get people's feel on the different loot system in LFR. The Cata version vs the Panda version. While Cata was unfair in many ways, there were still a ton of people that used the system in the right way. Do I have better than that piece that dropped? Yes, ok I'll pass. Now it feels like I'm in there and just wasting rolls on 28 gold. In the previous system, I was involved and made a decision on if I wanted a piece, or do I pass and allow someone else the opportunity to upgrade.

Now, I feel like boss drops, here's some gold. I have won pieces a few times, but only once was it something I could use. I end up wasting my extra rolls on more gold or possibly on a piece I can't use. So, instead, I end up saving my extra rolls on a boss that drops a weapon, because I don't want to risk wasting extra rolls on another boss that may or may not give me a piece I need.

I guess my point is that this new system feels very un-interactive. I felt like the Cata version was interactive and let me make a decision based on what was dropped. The new version feels more static. What's better in your view?

The new system is by far better than the old one. No more people rolling need on everything because they can, only to vendor or give to a mate. Now I can join LFR on my own and have a fair shot at loot. Getting only gold is better than a full run of getting nothing at all, and if they tweak it so you can get flasks and stuff as well, it'll be even better.

I never bothered with LFR much in Cata unless we did a full guild run, now I queue up almost every week so far. So much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current one.

We really didn't have any more chance at winning an item with the old system than we do now, it just felt like there was more opportunity for loot before because you had roll popup windows and actively selected something rather than just checking to see if something was in your bags after the boss died.

I may get tired of seeing "You won...Gold!" pop up, I even got a duplicate piece in LFR that I already had but all in all I've won more pieces already than I think I would have with the old system. IMO this system was necessary due to all the jerks out there who like to roll need on anything they can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see how the old system was any better. I'm thinking those wanting the old system back are the same people that thought keeping a piece of loot hostage until the end of the run, only to trade it for something more desireable (and thus rolling against other people who could actually USE the item) was fair, just because it was possible.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    I reckon this will be everyones answer.

"OMFG It's sick! I get gear all the time"

"No, it's shit. I hate it. I don't get any gear."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    The current one.

We really didn't have any more chance at winning an item with the old system than we do now, it just felt like there was more opportunity for loot before because you had roll popup windows and actively selected something rather than just checking to see if something was in your bags after the boss died.

I may get tired of seeing "You won...Gold!" pop up, I even got a duplicate piece in LFR that I already had but all in all I've won more pieces already than I think I would have with the old system. IMO this system was necessary due to all the jerks out there who like to roll need on anything they can.
    The only difference I liked with the old system was if you won something and then saw that someone needed it more, you could give it to them.

The problem with that clause was abused however too because people would roll on things they already had and use it as leverage to get what they didn't have if it dropped.

The new system is better in every logical way.

The only arguments against it have been ones that start with 'it feels like', or 'it's unfair to me', which, y'know, don't really have much merit.

The old system was pretty bad.

1) People "cheating" the system by bringing a lot of guildmates to roll on their loot made it very unfair for individual players
    2) Fully equipped players were dragged by guildmates into LFR just to help them roll. Very few enjoyed this kind of activity.
    3) Loot-competition between anonymous players made a hostile enviornment.
    4) People rolled on everything they could even if the item was not needed. -> Selling it to people from their realm or having something to trade _IF_ an item they wanted dropped. If nothing like that happened they could still vendor the item.
    5) People who felt they got somehow wronged by people abusing the system started to abuse it themselves just to "get even".

I admit the MoP prepatch / MoP hat a lot of bad features making WoW worse game. But the new loot distribution in LFR is much better, seriously.

Though, in a alternate universe, where people are not abusive idiots, the old system would be better
    Last edited by SteakAndAlePie; 2012-11-16 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    This way is more fair.
    You'll never experience that a retri paladin will need on a healing shield and actually win it, even though he is queued as dps.
    Also you will never experience that a big group of the same guild joins and all role on each others gear when possible, to simply hand it over within their guild.

How ever I can see the problem people have with the current system. There are times you don't see any gear at all.
    While with the old system there was always loot you could see. So I think it's just a psychological thing, of people being to stupid to understand that currently their chance on loot is the same... if not bigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah new system is far better but the perception is worse because you don't see loot being dropped for anyone but yourself (which makes it feel like loot never drops for long stretches of time), and there is no anticipation waiting for the roll and crossing your fingers, but those are things I can live without to prevent the needing on crap for friends or just to sell.

Let's see: everyone gets an equal chance at loot, you get a bonus roll if you want it, you get gold if you don't win, and if you should happen to win, you are guaranteed a piece of gear that is correct for your current spec. Hmmm. Other than guaranteeing that you win and letting you pick the gear, I don't see room for improvement.

I won a total of one piece of gear in Cata raids LFR because in my experience, every single person needed every item they could. In one case, I was whispered by someone who told me that they didn't need the neck they won(I did) but if they couldn't trade it for something else by the end, they would give it to me. They did neither, but were successful in getting all the healers to stay for the whole raid by telling us all the same thing.

The bottom line is that the economics of the old loot system made needing every item you could a no-brainer. I'll go so far as to say that if you didn't need a piece simply because you didn't need it, you were being foolish(even though,yes, many of us passed).

In any event, the new loot system is so much of an improvement over the old system that I am quickly coming to terms with the reality that MoP is the best expac since Vanilla, and that this forum exists because 2% of the player base wants to complain about everything. The game is far from perfect, but if this is the biggest issue you see, life is pretty darned good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the current system to be much more refined than the last one. As mentioned above, you could make it a ~50-99%, rolling against other people whom weren't part of the group, thus lost more.
    The former system allowed the gear won to be traded, like tokens and such, which made it able to need on all of the tokens which you were able to need on, to just sell for other gear that dropped.
    This new and updated one may not provide a steady drop rate, as it's based on invidual rolls, but at least you can get an item suitable for your class and spec, not having to worry about selling / buying it for anything.

Deleted
    I'd like a system where I can choose the item I want (from the boss loot table ofc) every time I kill it so I don't have to run more than twice every raid in LFR.

Kidding aside, the older system was terribad but the new one is perfect (bugs aside).

The new system is far better.

Giving other players the ability to decide who *deserves* loot (which is effectively what could go on) is never a good idea.

Deleted
    Higher Chances for Gear
    Coins to Boost Chances where you need it

Love it, even thought my two platies are very unlucky with drops ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I reckon this will be everyones answer.

"OMFG It's sick! I get gear all the time"

"No, it's shit. I hate it. I don't get any gear."
    OMFG It's sick, even though I don't get any gear!

^_^

No but in all seriousness it's vastly better than the Cata version. There's zero QQ who any loot went to, no people maliciously rolling need just to vendor/DE. The only problem I can think of is that of the coins. I'd much sooner win something other than gold. Since you only have 3 a week, it's something of an anti-climax to just get more gold from something you actually would have had to work for. Maybe once the pet upgrade stones are in game you can win some of them, or consumables like feasts, potions, flasks, enchanting materials etc.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

The new system is the better one. Previously you could get excited when the trinket you "really need" dropped because now you know what is at stake with your roll. There was a chance you actually win the roll, probably equivalent to the chance to win a piece of usable loot now. In the case you won, you felt great, but what if you lost? What if you lost to someone that just decided to DE it because it wasn't as good as what they had? What if you lost to an offspec that gave it to their friend's 10th alt?

As most people will attest to, LFR is full of people who are there for themselves and possibly their friends. They have no interest in bettering your situation, as you have no interest in bettering theirs. So using a system that requires generosity and understanding of each and every one of its participants in an environment that is so self-serving is a terrible idea. Now you roll, or roll twice, on every kill with the same chance to get a piece of loot, but in the instance you lose, you get gold.

In effect, the new system allows you the same % chance to win a piece of usable gear as the last system, but now when you lose, you also win.

I think this one is better, tho i can't stand only getting gold.

And i used to be tank, but since i wasn't getting any tank gear in dungeons i'm kinda forced to join as dps ... and then i can't get tank gear.

Deleted
    There's really no match, this one is miles and miles better.
    The only ones who dislike the current system are essentially the ones who abused the old one and/or those who have been exceptionally unlucky these weeks (it sucks, but it happens).
    I only think that they should add a chance for something else being into the satchel, like flasks, +300 food, gems or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSnake View Post
    The new system is by far better than the old one. No more people rolling need on everything because they can, only to vendor or give to a mate. Now I can join LFR on my own and have a fair shot at loot. Getting only gold is better than a full run of getting nothing at all, and if they tweak it so you can get flasks and stuff as well, it'll be even better.

I never bothered with LFR much in Cata unless we did a full guild run, now I queue up almost every week so far. So much better.
    I agree with SilverSnake, the new system is superior to the old one. My story is the same as SilverSnake's i went LFR several times, not even getting a single piece for over 3 weeks. I was very active on my main, but got 4set bonus on my alt in 2 weeks cause of premade grps.