10+ Year Old Account

The problem with Grid2

I used Grid (1) for a long time, and GridStatusRaidDebuff showed -every- debuff. In instances as well as raids, a debuff was never missed.

In Grid2, a debuff will randomly miss here and there (Faith and Courage on Garrosh, for instance)

And yes I know you can add them manually, but it's unreliable and annoying during progress, or when doing a new challenge mode for the first time, when it can be so easily sorted to just track everything like the good old GridStatusRaidDebuff.

Also can you make it work everywhere, and not only in raids? It's annoying since we do a lot of Challenge Modes, and having to add every non dispellable debuff 1 by 1 (Stuns and such) is just annoying when it's apperently so easy to just make it work on -every- debuff dispellable or not in every zone at all times, and you can just disable them with 1 click after.

Anyone found a fix for this?

The problem with using Grid(1) is that it has limited Indicators... while grid 2 has as much as you want. Grid1 also lags in raid, while Grid2 does not lag.

I left a message on curse like 2-3 months ago but no reply. Anyone know how to contact the Grid2 Authors about this? Would really like a fix by wod, or a solution.
    Last edited by MyCelar; 2014-02-27 at 12:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, but for new challenge modes this is annoying at the start as its hard to get info for trash, especially when you wanna rush things :>

Just nice to have it be the other way around (Enabled for all debuffs and disable what u dont want) instead of having random debuffs miss here and there both in raids and other content. RaidDebuff is supposed to track everything. That is the point isnt it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    The point of it, is to not bloat your grid frame with useless content and only show what is vital :P.

With regards to challenge mode, i'm sure you can research the info from the dungeon journal months before WoD is out (Beta FTW)

On topic though, i believe the raid frames in ELV_UI do exactly what you seek, they display everything and then you filter what you dont want to see.
    Useless? No, it is random stuff missing (random important stuff like 50% damage reduction debuff on garrosh heroic) It isn't cluttering at all, it is important information you need to know as a healer.

And when it comes to anything that isnt raiding it tracks only dispellabl debuffs. As I said the old grid added every single debuff and I could remove stuff I didnt want which was much better.

And no ELV_UI raid frames suck. No serious healer can use that.

I was more looking for a solution to the problem, not stupid suggestions I already thought about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bump. 10 char

IF you want more raid debuffs added by default, this is where to request them:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/grid2/create-ticket/
    not here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tordenflesk View Post
    IF you want more raid debuffs added by default, this is where to request them:
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/grid2/create-ticket/
    not here.
    Thanks. They are not responding on curse.com, so I had no idea where to get in contact with them.

I realize you have already thought of using Elv ui but have you considered Vuhdo? I switched to it and will never, ever go back. It is much more intuitive than Grid or Grid2 and has many more options for debuff tracking, etc.

Just a suggestion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    I realize you have already thought of using Elv ui but have you considered Vuhdo? I switched to it and will never, ever go back. It is much more intuitive than Grid or Grid2 and has many more options for debuff tracking, etc.

Just a suggestion.
    Yep, the amount of hours I put into grid to make it perfect (if u rlly want to know: http://imgur.com/iNR8JUq ) 8 corner icons, the smallest ones are dots.

Doing this all over AND learning how to use the damn addon, when this could all be fixed with 1 simple thing which is to make grid2 debuff tracking system work like grid1) is just not something I wanna do befire its the last option.

Quote Originally Posted by MyCelar View Post
    Yep, the amount of hours I put into grid to make it perfect (if u rlly want to know: http://imgur.com/iNR8JUq ) 8 corner icons, the smallest ones are dots.

Doing this all over AND learning how to use the damn addon, when this could all be fixed with 1 simple thing which is to make grid2 debuff tracking system work like grid1) is just not something I wanna do befire its the last option.
    Completely understand. I'm not sure why that was left out of grid2. I hope they get back to you! Maybe it was just an oversight.