Hey, I'm a little concerned about the performance of my gaming rig. I got it back in July, so it's fairly new, and in WoW I am seeing frame rates of around 30 to 40 in various places, such as the Shrine of Seven Stars and Valley of the Four Winds (to name only a few). I realise these are highly populated areas, but should my frames take such a drastic dip? Before MoP (and even before the pre-patch) I was at a constant 60 frames, and it hardly ever dropped from that. I wondered if it was just the new tech they added in, but I disabled things like SSAO and it didn't really change much. I also disabled all my addons, in case they were slowing it down, but that didn't affect it either. All drivers appear to be up to date, also.
Could anyone roughly say was sort of performance I should be getting out of this rig, and is it performing to it's optimum potential?
- CPU (Intel Core i7-3960X Processor, 3.3GHz, 15MB Cache, Sandy Bridge, Socket 2011)
- Motherboard (Asus Sabertooth X79 Motherboard - Socket 2011, Intel X79, DDR3, ATX, PCI Express 3.0, USB 3.0, Thermal Armor, ASUS SSD Caching)
- RAM (Corsair CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 Vengeance 32GB 1600MHz CL DDR3 Memory Quad Kit)
- Graphics Card (EVGA GeForce GTX 690 915MHz 4GB PCI-Express 3.0 HDMI)
- Power Supply (Antec 900W High Current Gamer 80plus Bronze PSU)
- Operating System Windows 7 64bit Professional
- Resolution 1920x1080 (wide)
- WoW Settings (All maxed)