Can I install XP onto my new system then pay $40 for the Windows 8 upgrade to save?

I'm planning on building a computer with these specs:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($114.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock H77M Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.99 @ NCIX US)
    Total: $609.90
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-15 19:38 EST-0500)

Edit: Okay, so it turns out I'd need a physical DVD to install from 32 to 64 bit. So basically it went from me having a lot of hassle to save $50 to me having a lot of hassle to save $20. I'm just gonna get the OEM~

Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...opHP_FPP_Light
    Last edited by MCMXCIX; 2012-11-16 at 01:04 AM. Reason: Added source

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

I did the $40 online deal through microsoft and burned to an iso disc and installed on a black pc with no previous OS and it worked just fine. No issues with 32 or 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Targaryen View Post
    I did the $40 online deal through microsoft and burned to an iso disc and installed on a black pc with no previous OS and it worked just fine. No issues with 32 or 64 bit.
    So you made a boot disk from the download you get and it worked fine? How exactly did that work? Did you just copy the files you downloaded onto a bootable disc?

Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    So you made a boot disk from the download you get and it worked fine? How exactly did that work? Did you just copy the files you downloaded onto a bootable disc?
    Most MS downloads come in ISO format. Easy and simple to make a disk with that.

Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    Most MS downloads come in ISO format. Easy and simple to make a disk with that.
    But the deal is to upgrade if you already have an OS. Must you uninstall the OS you started with when you ordered in order for it to be legal?

Deleted
    Want more details too plz
    Don't want to waste € if a trick exist

Edit : so if i buy the 30€ upgrade and make an iso i can use it in my new rig ( with no os ) ?
    Last edited by mmoca481d478a8; 2012-11-16 at 07:19 PM.