1. #1
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,898

    Hit 50 and have a ton of Dungeon Quests

    I hit 50 by accident last night and OMG was I bombarded with new things. While my head was spinning trying to make sense of the metric ton of content like Planar Levels and Prestige Levels (both cool ideas btw), my quest log was steadily reaching capacity. As I wanted to go to a new zone and not be limited, I looked at ways to clear out my log.

    My first mistake was not PvPing more in order to get the PvP quests all completed BEFORE 50. (And another mistake was not PvPing more so that I had more Favor to spend on instant PvP Gear upgrades at 50)

    My second mistake was ignoring dungeons as I leveled. So my question now is, what is my best option for solo'ing low-level dungeons as a Mage? I am assuming going with a Stormcaller-based build would be the best for clearing trash quickly. I don't really care about getting XP by mentoring in the dungeons, so I would run these at 50. I just want to complete the quest (completionist) and see the content at least once.

  2. #2
    Best bet would probably be to push on to 60 and then focus on soloing old content if that's what you're wanting to do.

  3. #3
    Do the Planar Attunement Chronicle (the only one designated for 1 player), then go Storm Legion. Later on, like when you are level 60, you can solo all the old world dungeons a lot easier. Stormcaller may not be your best bet as it's quite squishy and comes with no self healing.

  4. #4
    Harbringer with an elemetal pet is also very good, you have a lot of moblity, can heal the pet too for DPS or tanking, limited AOE, but its all good

    there's a pre-set build for that called eldritch ally, and if you use the harbringer buff, you get quite a few insta-procs.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc7 View Post
    Do the Planar Attunement Chronicle (the only one designated for 1 player), then go Storm Legion. Later on, like when you are level 60, you can solo all the old world dungeons a lot easier. Stormcaller may not be your best bet as it's quite squishy and comes with no self healing.
    I was assuming this was like other MMO's and basically a cake-walk for dungeons that were at least 10 levels below you.

  6. #6
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I was assuming this was like other MMO's and basically a cake-walk for dungeons that were at least 10 levels below you.
    Depending on class, you may find soloing low level dungeons to not be very easy... At 50 in my HK gear, as a pyro mage, I could not solo Iron Tomb. -.- The mobs would have a little too much health for me to kill before they just overpower me.

    What I do suggest though is using the mentor feature to do the content at proper level with others/friends.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

  7. #7
    Pandaren Monk WarpedAcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Depending on class, you may find soloing low level dungeons to not be very easy... At 50 in my HK gear, as a pyro mage, I could not solo Iron Tomb. -.- The mobs would have a little too much health for me to kill before they just overpower me.

    What I do suggest though is using the mentor feature to do the content at proper level with others/friends.
    Realm of the Fae was a cakewalk, but Darkening Dungeon was a little difficult thanks to a spider boss that cacooned you. Eventually I swapped to my Pyro/Elementalist build and made use of the extra body to avoid the cacoon (I thought I could LoS the cast, but was unsuccessful multiple times). Today I'll try Foul Cascade and King's Breach. I am assuming these will get increasingly difficult to do and might not even be able to get these done.

    As an aside, the dungeon designs seem pretty cool. The 2 I played seemed to tie in with the story well and I would assume bridge the story gap between the zone and a raid encounter.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •