Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Really???? Food insurance?

I just saw a commercial run for this on a mainstream news show on a break. This seems kinda nutty for mainstream.

What are your thoughts?

http://www.foodinsurance.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    You never know what might happen!

Explosion could knock out the only routes out of the city or maybe a flood or a zombie outbreak. Gotta be prepared, man! Besides, a lot of people have no clue what is necessary to truly live.

It's not a bad idea, especially if you live in natural disaster prone areas.

http://www.foodinsurance.com/emergency-plus-kit is a pretty reasonable price as well.
    Last edited by Silhouette of Seraphim; 2012-11-16 at 04:06 PM.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    A good idea, although you could do it yourself for much cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    A good idea, although you could do it yourself for much cheaper.
    This, pretty much. You're better off doing your own prep/canning because you save a ton of money, and hone some valuable skills at the same time.

Well, it is almost December.... DUN DUN DUNNN

Recommended by: Glenn Beck, Sean Hannity. Hahaha... ...I wonder if the next spokesmen is going to be Chuck Norris claiming how a new Obama term is causing 1000 years of darkness and it's time to stock up!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so looking forward to Dec. 21, when all those end-of-the-world-nuts finally realize what a tremendous amount of their time and money has been wasted on this over the last few years. Wait, that's what this is about, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    I am so looking forward to Dec. 21, when all those end-of-the-world-nuts finally realize what a tremendous amount of their time and money has been wasted on this over the last few years. Wait, that's what this is about, right?
    Almost as funny as those guys that believed the rapture was going to happen. They sold all of their possessions including their homes, and either gave it away or partied it away only to have nothing afterwards

My uncle is a survivalist and has plenty of guns, ammo, food, water, medical supplies, and gasoline stockpiled. What's wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Wait, that's what this is about, right?
    No, it's about general preparedness for things that are possible to happen, and they're likely at the moment looking to bank off of what recently happened with Sandy.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    My uncle is a survivalist and has plenty of guns, ammo, food, water, medical supplies, and gasoline stockpiled. What's wrong with it?
    Nothing, its very smart as long as he keeps it a secret.

Deleted
    There's a show on Nat Geo (doomsday preppers) that shows who the nutjobs that buy this crap are.

what im surprised is that no 1 is making a big stink over Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck having endorsements on the site.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

It just seems like fear mongering for profit. I wouldn't go further than a case of beer and a box of ho ho's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    what im surprised is that no 1 is making a big stink over Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck having endorsements on the site.
    Amazingly, this stuff lasts for 25 yrs. Why cant shop bought food have that long a shelf life. Would help with all the food waste.

Deleted
    Sure, why not? If you live in an area that has a lot of bad weather, earthquakes and the like, it could be usefull.

Quote Originally Posted by svenforkbeard View Post
    Amazingly, this stuff lasts for 25 yrs. Why cant shop bought food have that long a shelf life. Would help with all the food waste.
    Most of the stuff is dehydrated, foil sealed and air tight. And not all of it has a shelf life of 25 years, most of it looks like a 10-15 yr shelf life.
    No man really becomes a fool until he stops asking questions.

Deleted
    It does if unopened, most of the time expiration dates are complete bullshit for tinned goods. Food left over from WW1 is still edible today, I remember watching a TV program where they ate a tin of beans that were packaged over 100 years ago.

Deleted
    I suggest you try eating the very long lasting stuff....