15+ Year Old Account

New Build, not working!

I built my setup yesterday, and after the same issues, I fixed the issues, and played wow/use computer for about 12 hours. However, this morning I wake up and I'm not getting a display again with the errors below.

Tried reseating the graphics card, RAM, CPU, taking out the Lithium battery, resetting the CMOS, changing the RAM to different slot, checking all power cables (fans are spinning on gfx card)but no luck.

I had this problem yesterday but thought I fixed it when I resat the Graphics card! Used the computer for twelve hours last night and it worked fine until I shut down, and it didn't turn off, the screen just went off!

I get from the Dr Debug (Motherboard info mod)

0xD6 No Console Output Devices are found
    0xD7 No Console Input Devices are found

Any ideas?

I've RMA'd the motherboard last year, as I couldn't get power to it, they sent it back saying it was all working fine and updated it to be compatible with the new generation chips.

Here's my setup, all parts are 1 day old apart from the motherboard and Blueray:

Asrock Fatal1ty Intel P67 (Socket 1155) DDR3 Motherboard **B3 REVISION**
    MSI GeForce GTX 660 OC Twin Frozr 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with FREE Assassin's Creed III PC Game
    Intel Core i5-3570 3.40GHz (Ivybridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor (77W) - Retail
    BeQuiet Pure Power L8 730W '80 Plus Bronze' Modular Power Supply - With 120mm Silent Wing Fan Built in
    Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic
    Cooler Master CM-690 II Lite Dominator Case - Black
    Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit
    Samsung SH-B123L/BSBP 12x BluRay ROM / 16x DVD±RW Lightscribe SATA-II Optical Drive - Black (OEM)

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Ekkoeu; 2012-11-16 at 02:47 PM.

Deleted
    I'd assume it's because you're using a p67 board with an ivy bridge CPU. Unless you already updated the BIOS.

If the mobo is fine, it could be your power supply, but it wouldn't make sense if your pc didn't shut down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    I'd assume it's because you're using a p67 board with an ivy bridge CPU. Unless you already updated the BIOS.

If the mobo is fine, it could be your power supply, but it wouldn't make sense if your pc didn't shut down.

I've RMA'd the motherboard last year, as I couldn't get power to it, they sent it back saying it was all working fine and updated it to be compatible with the new generation chips.

Strange that the system worked yesterday though, after I reseated the Graphics card. Everything worked perfectly ;s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    Never trust RMA's!

Trying plugging the monitor into the motherboard itself instead of the GPU, do you get anything on the screen?

I Googled the errors you're getting and the second one seems to be a fairly common BIOS issue with that motherboard. Do you have another computer that you could download the BIOS with and then put it on a flash drive?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Trying plugging the monitor into the motherboard itself instead of the GPU, do you get anything on the screen?

I Googled the errors you're getting and the second one seems to be a fairly common BIOS issue with that motherboard. Do you have another computer that you could download the BIOS with and then put it on a flash drive?

I can't see anywhere on the motherboard/io panel to plug in either a DVI/HDMI cable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekkoeu View Post
    I can't see anywhere on the motherboard/io panel to plug in either a DVI/HDMI cable.
    Because it doesn't have onboard gfx, so you can't do it that way
    Have an old gfx you can put on the board and test with instead?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Because it doesn't have onboard gfx, so you can't do it that way
    Have an old gfx you can put on the board and test with instead?
    I'm afraid not.

I had this same problem yesterday, but it was fixed by reseating the graphics card, so I know it works!! So frustrating

15+ Year Old Account
    I just got sent an email by Overclockers - the company whom I bought the parts off - stating that the Motherboard and Graphics card are fine!

It cost me £30.00 to send out, and it's going to cost £25.00 to be returned, a waste of £50.00

They said, regarding the Motherboard:

"Not faulty motherboard posts fine with fully populated memory."

I've only got two 4GB sticks, I'm not sure what the above comment means.

Any ideas?

I would imagine they simply tested your mobo with all memory slots populated, testing the ram slots. I had a similar issue to this in the past. I found changing the PCI-E slot the gfx card was plugged into helped although after a period of time it gave me the same issue and eventually found out the card was the problem. go figure. Try the other slot and see how you get on