Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I picked hunter just because it had pets
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Put it as a marksman exclusive, and ensure that the bonus damage will at least equal or slightly exceed having a pet.
    Fingers crossed for D3 Demon Hunter.

You can tell your pet to attack while it's on passive, that's why it attacks after you use blink strike. When I played my hunter, it was pretty much necessary to keep them on passive and use a "petattack" macro to keep them under control. Now they have assist, defensive, and passive, which is a better system.

Anyway, yeah, I don't see why you wouldn't use your pet. It's great to have it near you for abilities that target you, but if you can manage to integrate your pet better into your play style, there is nothing but beneficial gain. Pets cause pushback and follow people behind pillars. They can add enough cast time to a cast for you to reach the person in time to interrupt or CC them or whatever. If you leave your pet on a healer and the team isn't smart enough to kill or CC it, that healer can never drink. Your pet is amazing, especially for PvP. I suggest you practice using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Yea. I could say the same about warlocks, but what can you do..
    No, you couldn't. Warlocks summon demons from the nether and bend them to their will. Sacrificing them for their own benefit and making them take damage for them. Warlock pets are minions, disposable pawns in their schemes.

Hunters love their pets. Hunters are predators who have loyal pet companions to fight by their side. They tame pets, not summon them. They can name them and feed them.

Warlocks pets and hunter pets are night and day.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its comparable to a feral druid which does not like shape shifting. If you don't like using your pet, you are not going to have fun with your hunter.

They badly need to differentiate the specs for both hunters/rogues and do what they did with warlocks in MoP. I'd be all for taking away pets from MM and giving them something equally as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Butu View Post
    Are you talking about PvP or PvE here? If PvE, this is as false as it gets, as your pet deals quite a chunk of damage. Why keep your pet idling by your side if it could be dealing damage? Or am I completely misunderstanding your post? The best hunter should maximize pet dps uptime if the pet is in no danger of sudden death.
    PvP of course. In PvE it's a no-brainer. The only time your pet should ever not be attacking something is if it's going to die.

Allowing an option for hunters to play without a pet would be great like they did for locks. Obviously you can't go for something like "sacrifice pet". I guess it would be more like "archer" instead of "hunter with companion"; you put all of your focus in mastering the bow burying your need for animal companionship deep inside to be forgotten until another time".
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-11-23 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Not at all... I wish they'd give hunters a petless spec for pvp. Would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Yea. I could say the same about warlocks, but what can you do..
    We had a pet sacrifice even back in BC though. GoSac isn't new

i remember when hunter pet AI was bugged to hell in the past...it was even more frustrating then....telling them to sic' a mob and watching them take an alternate path and aggro half the instance....followed by angry yells from the PUGs.

At least its better now...i guess? Can they jump off ledges while pursuing a healer in arena yet?