10+ Year Old Account

Question Yesterday, something weird happened.

Yesterday, me and my husband were playing and he wanted to whisp me something via Real ID feature, but when he pressed R to reply, it sended me his wow account password..

what I received:
    Joe BlahBlah: R Pick (we still dunnon what does it mean)
    Joe BlahBlah: xxxxxxxxx (his password)

i dunno why this happend and how but it sended me that :S...

he didnt got DC, neither did i, and we both have an autenticator on our account..

anyone have seen that before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Never. I can't even imagine how that'd happen, as the password to log in isn't stored in the game's memory as it runs...that'd be a terrible thing to do.

Are you sure he doesn't paste his password it from a file and he accidentally pasted it into your chat?

Maybe he had it copied from another source on his computer and accidentally pasted it? Happened to me before.. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like he may have been fooled by a scammer claiming to be a Blizzard employee, and requesting him to "change" his password by typing it in. After that, hitting the up arrow while typing to you, sending the previous message. Only a hunch, but it's likely this, or copypasta from a previous document or something.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    does he have a macro created on his pc to type his user/pw in for him?
    Black Dragonflight: Kalel (Paladin), Ramage (Death Knight), Liquidc (Warrior), Aerynsùn (Monk), Nahdar (Shaman), Tokare (Druid), Jenista (Priest), Anabolix (Rogue), Findecano (Hunter), Lohra (Mage), Luminya (Warlock)

10+ Year Old Account
    Open a customer support ticket and have them investigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugru View Post
    Open a customer support ticket and have them investigate.
    I wouldn't bother with this. Passwords are not saved as data within the program, and therefore it is completely on the user's end. Which means opening a ticket will just result in a form letter with information on what to do in case of a compromised account.
    Last edited by Eruionmel; 2012-11-16 at 10:58 PM.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Does he have a word document filled with all his passwords? Does he copy/paste this every time he wants to log in to something?

After hitting R, did he accidentally hit ctrl+v?

I highly, HIGHLY doubt this is some issue with WoW's programming. At no point on the game servers are your login details stored; those are on entirely separate, heavily encrypted servers (hence why sometimes the login servers go down, but people already online can keep playing).

Either that or it's a keylogger trolling you, by making the keylogging program take your username and password, then occasionally paste it into chat randomly. Or some addon he downloaded.

Deleted
    If ou really want people to help you will have to give more info about your husbands pc...like others said, is he using macros that have the info or does he have them in a word document or something that he might copied from.

I never heard of this happen before, it could be a hacker/keylog but it is very unlikely.

10+ Year Old Account
    no he havent have it on copy paste, he basically just start up his computer and start playing wow :S...

and no he havent click on a scam e-mail or something like this, so besically we have no idea how that happend, but he changed his password pretty quick just to be sur but the sure thing is, its wierd

Quote Originally Posted by Swolltitan View Post
    does he have a macro created on his pc to type his user/pw in for him?
    nope :/ and i wonder why someone would even do that

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Does he have a word document filled with all his passwords? Does he copy/paste this every time he wants to log in to something?
    nope :S since its pretty not safe to have thing like this on computer, no he doesnt :/
    Last edited by xindykawai; 2012-11-16 at 03:23 PM.

Do you have a keyboard such as a Logitech G15, which you can macro things into? I remember my brother used to have a macro which automatically opened and logged into WoW for him with one key.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Do you have a keyboard such as a Logitech G15, which you can macro things into? I remember my brother used to have a macro which automatically opened and logged into WoW for him with one key.
    yes he does but no he havent macro'd it, he manually write his password everytime

Quote Originally Posted by xindykawai View Post
    yes he does but no he havent macro'd it, he manually write his password everytime
    Maybe he hit the record key before typing his password by accident? Check the macros and whatnot in the settings of the keyboard, it's probably one of those buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    ty we will look ! ty for your help guys!!