Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Dreadlord Wookeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    780
    Haven't read the entire thread, but incase people don't realize it... they will be bought by another company, no need to worry.
    As far as i know, we don't have "twinkies" here in Europe... we have them, but they're not called Twinkies

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    My kid loves that whole wheat white wonder bread, will have to see if there is another comparable brand.
    Rainbow or Sara Lee in my opinion, Rainbow being the closest thing to Wonder while Sara Lee tends to have a much sweeter flavor that kids enjoy.

  3. #123
    Scarab Lord Azutael's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,793
    Iv'e hear so much about these twinkies, but never tried one. As I have never been to the US. To me they look disgusting though, it looks like something from fear factor XD

  4. #124
    Titan Adam Jensen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sarif Industries, Detroit
    Posts
    14,297
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Guys! It's all Obama's fault! He does, after all, have a big button in the Oval Office labeled "Destroy America."

    If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

  5. #125
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    576
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Yes because he was voted in, and has been your president for 4 years now, and was just voted in again since what he did those years where good enough for more then half your population, but the next couple of months is diffidently when everything is gonna turn for the worse <.<

  6. #126
    Bloodsail Admiral Decagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Unfortunately, Central Utah
    Posts
    1,099
    This makes me sad. We have a thrift (defective products) Hostess/Wonder Bread store literally just across the street from my school. I used to eat at Hostess every single day (I'm too paranoid to eat cafeteria food, and we'd usually get not so bad of things like pretzels), and because of it, I gained 8 lbs in 3 years, which is good, because that put me at "nearly dangerously underweight". Sadly, with Hostess going out of business, I'll have nothing to eat for lunch and so I'll drop back to dangerously underweight again. Hostess had always been a traditional thing at my school and it was unlikely to not have a class just after lunch filled with Hostess products.

    Plus, Hostess was such an iconic brand of the U.S. regardless of it's everyday affect on everyone, Hostess has been a popular object in our culture for so long that it's depressing to see that end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    "And nothing was ever heard from Deca again"

  7. #127
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,656
    I was never a huge fan of the fatty snacks
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  8. #128
    Herald of the Titans Nadev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ultimate Magic World
    Posts
    2,808
    And not a single fuck was given by this guy. There's over 9000 items of junk food I'd have over a Twinky.

    Though it's certainly sad they're going under. Not a good thing for anyone.
    Men!

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

    Now having a ball on SWTOR!

  9. #129
    I am Murloc! Peaky Blinder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Birmingham UK/Arizona US
    Posts
    5,671
    Sad New Sgt Al Powell jumped off the Nakatomi tower after hearing this sad news

    His friend Sgt John McClane says he will be missed LOL

    On a serious note i feel sorry for the workers involved but i cant say i will miss twinkies they were pretty horrible IMO

    BUT DING DONGS I WILL MISS

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    I am not a Obama fan by any stretch of the imagination, but blaming this on him is a huge stretch of imagination.

    They had problems for years just like the auto industry. Honestly I am just surprised he didn't offer to bail them out like the auto industry. The majority of the bail out money went to Unions.

  11. #131
    No surprise here. Several of my friends jobs are in jeapordy too. I can't believe we reelected Obama. Not one thing has gotten better since the man took office and no one seems to notice or care. I know he got dealt a bad hand after how badly Bush fucked things up but...it's been 4 years and we've made negative progress. You really want another 4 years of this shit?

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    No surprise here. Several of my friends jobs are in jeapordy too. I can't believe we reelected Obama. Not one thing has gotten better since the man took office and no one seems to notice or care. I know he got dealt a bad hand after how badly Bush fucked things up but...it's been 4 years and we've made negative progress. You really want another 4 years of this shit?
    you must have not read the whole post or even anything about the situation with hostess, it has nothing to do with Obama. Hostess already went bankrupt once during George Jr's terms, this time around they asked their employees to take a 10% pay cut so they can afford things and get back on track.. the union told their workers to go on strike and at the beginning of this week hostess warned the union "if enough workers don't return to work by thursday we will have to shut down" and they thought they were bluffing, well this is what they get for not taking the warning seriously.


    10% pay cut just became 100% pay cut

  13. #133
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    I find it funny that you say that. Do you even know anything about Hostess in general? Cause if you don't I would kinda ask you you go learn something first before you spout off useless dribble about this being "Obama's America". A simple fact for you since you don't bother to actually do research for yourself Hostess actually loses a lot of money on product that does not sell. I've known 3 drivers for the company (one that worked for them for over 20 years) that deliver goods to general stores and have seen the product they have to remove off the shelf at times due to it being within a day of "expiring" and they will not be there. This is loss for them as well since they make money on what they sell. This had nothing to do with Obama cause even if Romney was in office it would of happened period. I wonder what you would be saying then maybe grabbing popcorn? Or would you of just sat there like well it will get fixed with Romney....think again and grow a brain or at least use the one you have.


  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Guys! It's all Obama's fault! He does, after all, have a big button in the Oval Office labeled "Destroy America."
    Does he also have a stockpile of Hostess goodies in his doomsday bunker? Because I smell a plot to corner the snack-cake market.

  15. #135
    I know most of the liberals probably think that a company that sells unhealthy snacks going out of business is a good thing. But the reality is this is scary. The fact that a union can cause a company to close its doors should worry us.

    Now I understand from that article that the company was mismanaged and wasn't doing very well, but I think the unions probably didn't help with the recovery at all.

    All that's left are some trademarked brand names and the factory equipment that hostess used. Additionally thousands of people will be left jobless at the beginning of the holiday season. To put it in perspective that's probably a lot of kids that won't get Christmas presents this year because their parents lost their job.

    I think its a shame what happened and it really makes unions look terrible. I know they serve a purpose to improve the conditions of workers. But all too often that power gets abused and companies just can't support them.

    I guess I better get to the store to buy some of those cupcakes, before they disappear forever.

  16. #136
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,144
    And this is why... I don't support, nor hire anyone associated with any union in my business and workers are contractually obligated to tell me if they join one. If people strike, I give them a deadline and if they don't meet it, I fire them.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"


  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    i didn't even know twinkies were real, only ever heard about them in zombieland :<
    Oh man I love you. That's just hillarious. I'm seriously laughing my ass off right now. Seriously. Not at you, but at... I dunno. I love that movie, so that probably has something to do with it.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:26 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by AstroleonShadowflower View Post
    I am from England, and what does a Twinkie taste like?

    I remember Woody Harrilson had an obsession with them in the film Zombieland, and I've wanted one ever since.
    It tastes like white cake filled with a frosting using vegetable oil as a filler, but not only that, a frosting that uses more vegetable oil filler than any sane human being would be willing to use.

    I'm American, and I have NEVER been able to eat the 2nd Twinkie in a 2 Twinkie pack. If I could finish the first one it was a test of intestinal fortitude.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-17 at 05:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Sad New Sgt Al Powell jumped off the Nakatomi tower after hearing this sad news
    Nah, according to Al his wife is the one that is going to jump.

  18. #138
    Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Y'ha-nthlei
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Radoria View Post
    No surprise here. Several of my friends jobs are in jeapordy too. I can't believe we reelected Obama. Not one thing has gotten better since the man took office and no one seems to notice or care. I know he got dealt a bad hand after how badly Bush fucked things up but...it's been 4 years and we've made negative progress. You really want another 4 years of this shit?
    "In 2004, the company entered bankruptcy with approximately $450 million in debt. It emerged after investment from Ripplewood Holdings. Today, it now stands at just shy of $1 billion in debt, despite additional investment by two more firms, Silver Point and Monarch."

    IT'S ERBERMA'S FAULT. HE TERK ER JERBS!

    Do you people actually believe this shit?

    It had approximately fuck all to do with Obama.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

  19. #139
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,951
    They look so dry and horrible. No wonder ...

  20. #140
    Old God Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    10,879
    Wait....I thought Hostess and Little Debbie were two different companies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •