Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Today's first world problem: Some candy brand is going bankrupt.

In other news, 5000 more children starved to death today.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

I was sad at first, but then I realized I didn't actually like Hostess that much, the only product I ate more than once was twinkies and that was like once a year. Might as well buy them out since they last forever and a zombie apocalypse might come soon .

I love Little Debbie though, especially the Oatmeal Creme Pie and Cosmic Brownie.
    X

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked them, I always felt a bit ill after eating them, but I'll miss seeing them in stores if they don't get sold off to another company. Not that it will happen, I mean there are tons of generic offbrand twinkie imitations out there already and those won't stop being produced. It'll just be a little weird to not walk by aisle endcaps and see the familiar packaging of one of the most disgusting pastries ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Obama is the president of the United States, not the King of the US, and not a genie. Your dislike, anger, and fear is based on a misunderstanding. You only feel that way because the president is more or less the face man for all the rest of the elected officials. Which are voted for by the people, your people, thus it is YOUR (and my, and every other American's) America. If any other person was president, so long as the rest of the elected officials were the same, not much would change. Obama is actually pretty decent as far as presidents go.

Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post

Maybe they had a slight name change?
    Hm, must have then.

10+ Year Old Account
    UUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS ARE EEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL!!!!!!

There Right-wing flailers. I did your work for you. Now you can spend time on other threads.

The company failed to adapt to changing eating habits trending towards "healthier" foods. Their improved wonder variants were way overpriced compared to alternatives

Infracted.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-16 at 09:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twinkies, you won't be missed.
    "Laws should be made of iron, not of pudding."

“A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.”

- King Stannis Baratheon

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    UUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS ARE EEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIILLLLLL!!!!!!

There Right-wing flailers. I did your work for you. Now you can spend time on other threads.

The company failed to adapt to changing eating habits trending towards "healthier" foods. Their improved wonder variants were way overpriced compared to alternatives

You have figured us out, clearly the failure of hostess is due to Romney and the GOP. Actually it was George bush, wait, no Sara palin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Just another reason to disband unions.......
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    And they crawl out of the woodwork....
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

The problem is the workers actually were ready to agree to take pay cuts and benefit cuts, but werent willing to give up their pensions as well, Hostess wants to stop paying (because hostess is bankrupt, they've been losing money since 2004, and has just been borrowing more money at huge interest rates), but then everyone loses their retirement, its just a losing situation all around, dissolution of the company is really the only thing that could happen. Of course, even with a failing company going bankrupt again, the CEO takes home over a million a year (and, during the first bankruptcy, the top executives still get to near double their salaries). Supposedly the only thing hostess makes a profit on is Twinkies, everything else is a loss.

Everyone is always so quick to jump to the side of the corporations, seriously, this is an entity that is made specifically to screw you out of your money. Its only purpose is to increase stock prices at all costs, there is no other reason for a corporation to exist (Its a coalition of anonymous faceless trolls, only in real life). Just ask yourself, what have unions done for you, then ask yourself what have corporations done for you. If you enjoy having a 40 hour work week, a weekend, overtime pay, the ability to go school (unions are the ones who pushed for the abolishment of child labor), health benefits, medical leave, go say thank you to a union organizer. Whereas the corporate structure is made to profit regardless of the non-monetary cost (because worst case, it was a corporate decision) and protect their decision makers from legal issues. (There are probably other things we have benefitted from due to a corporate structure over the proprietorship alternative, but i do not know any)

Ill miss hostess sometimes, i used to have an iced honey bun every year on my birthday, i imagine i still will for many decades, those things last forever... But, those things are HORRIBLE for you, its 60% of your daily recommended fat intake, im not eating that more than once a year no matter how good it tastes.

I'm going to stock up on Twinkies this weekend....

10+ Year Old Account
    As a member of a rather large Union, the fact that this Union has essentially destroyed itself makes me laugh at the greedy foolishness of Unions in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    As a member of a rather large Union, the fact that this Union has essentially destroyed itself makes me laugh at the greedy foolishness of Unions in general.

That is what sucks arse. In theory I totally support workers rights organizations. The greed and corruption, completely over shadows any good they could do. I feel for the workers. As far as the union organizers, you got what you deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    That is what sucks arse. In theory I totally support workers rights organizations. The greed and corruption, completely over shadows any good they could do. I feel for the workers. As far as the union organizers, you got what you deserved.
    "He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    You have figured us out, clearly the failure of hostess is due to Romney and the GOP. Actually it was George bush, wait, no Sara palin.
    Try reading what you quote.

Half of Sarah Palin's brain is actually made up of Twinkies.

Last edited by Purlina; 2012-11-16 at 06:40 PM.

Didn't Sarah say that she could see a twinkie outside her window?

Half of Sarah Palin's brain is actually made up of Twinkies.

The white marshmallow fluff?

Let them eat cake!
    If this was meant as a Marie Antoinette reference, then it's one of the best humorous historical references I've seen on this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    If this was meant as a Marie Antoinette reference, then it's one of the best humorous historical references I've seen on this forum!
    I was wondering if anyone would pick up on it!

/high five

10+ Year Old Account
    He actually explicitly didn't blame it on the Republicans.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!