Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    that explains why UFO got careless and news-team has been able to video tape them ... there were probably stocking up on twinkies
    http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t3#...in-denver.kdvr

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoweye View Post
    Just another reason to disband unions.......
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/...iness/1708409/
    The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union said the company stopped contributing to workers' pensions last year, and the union wants pension benefits restored.

Seems like a pretty good reason to strike to me. Their pension is part of their pay. The company essentially decided to just stop paying them, *without* both sides agreeing on a new deal. This would be like you getting your paycheck at the end of the week and you notice the pay rate isn't what you and your boss agreed to when being hired. When you question your boss the response is, "Well, we just didn't want to pay you what we agreed on, so we didn't".

Personally, I'd tell them to pay the F up, and wouldn't work another day until they did.

You agreed to a contract, you live up to it - No excuses. A business that doesn't live up to it's contracts shouldn't be in business, period.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Guys! It's all Obama's fault! He does, after all, have a big button in the Oval Office labeled "Destroy America."
    It's almost true.

You see, POTUS has no control over domestic policy. However they spend the vast majority of their campaign blabbering about domestic policy. So Americans think their own country is a dictatorship and show up to the presidential election.

However when it comes time to elect the house (you know, those guys that use the power of democracy to decide upon domestic policy) very few voters turn out (because they are too obsessed with who is or isn't president.)

And Obama has continued the tradition of presidents who campaign about domestic policies that they have no control over, rather than about what the POTUS's job actually is, and thus continues to distract Americans from the process of electing lawmakers.

So for decades now, the United States has been controlled by special interest groups (because those are the only people who bother to understand how the system works, and thus the only people who show up for the primaries (you know, them there candidate choosing thingamabobs), and for the general election.

Everybody else continues to be like "OH MY GOD I HAVE TO VOTE FOR OBAMA BECAUSE HE'S PRO CHOICE" Even though after 8 years of a pro-life Bush, who was likened to Adolf Hitler, abortion still remained legal in the U.S, because that's not something the POTUS has the power to actually decide.

You want democracy? Show up for candidate selection. Show up in greater numbers to the General election, and scoff at the presidential election (not the other way around).

After decades of hero worship of celebrity presidents, and a run-away house that is under control of special interest groups, it's a wonder that any business chooses to remain on U.S. soil, when any minute the house (who most of the population DIDN'T vote for, or participate in the candidate selection for) could pass some cockamamie piece of legislation that renders their company insolvent.

And I didn't see Obama or Romney add "the truth about the role of the president, and how the house actually controls domestic policy" to their campaign (and instead campaigned on their views on domestic policy). So yes, It's Obama's and Romney's fault for continuing to perpetuate the culture of political ignorance that has turned the United States into a job killing machine, and contributed to the death of the twinkie.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/PA694.pdf Also here you go. Your autocratic rulers will spend 250,000 dollars per poor person in the U.S. over the next 10 years, and yet your poverty levels will increase. Why? Because the special interests that have taken over have written "Save the poor" on a gigantic 500 billion dollar pork barrel that they are all using to fund their own political agendas.

TLDR

Want to save the Twinkie? Want to save your country? Want to help the less fortunate?

I dare you all to pick a side, democrat or republican, and then show up for the primaries and help choose a candidate for your district, and then show up for the 2014 general election. And any time you see Obama's mug pop up on the TV and start blathering about domestic policy, extend your middle finger and tell them to get back to his desk because that's not his job.

Also, On Topic: Rest in Peace Twinkie. According to the articles on it's demise people just weren't actually buying them, so even if hostess is bought up, the twinkie will likely not be featured on any future product lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Wait....I thought Hostess and Little Debbie were two different companies.
    They are, worry not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McKee_Foods

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    Welcome to 0bama's America. Grab your popcorn because its just getting good. In a few months, it will make what is happening in Greece look like a discussion about a short drawer at McDonalds.
    Ignore this Tool and his mis-information, go back to your bunker and make sure your twinkie supply is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    So my precious Swiss cake rolls are safe...thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Guys! It's all Obama's fault! He does, after all, have a big button in the Oval Office labeled "Destroy America."
    i heard it looks exactly like mim's button

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    Wait....I thought Hostess and Little Debbie were two different companies.
    Hostess owned a bunch of snack cake products, not just the twinkie. Cosmic brownies are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Hostess owned a bunch of snack cake products, not just the twinkie. Cosmic brownies are my favorite.
    They also are the #2 breadmaker in the USA, which is Wonder/Natures Pride and a few others.

Ready your weapons men, the twinky wars have started.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I dare you all to pick a side, democrat or republican, and then show up for the primaries and help choose a candidate for your district, and then show up for the 2014 general election. And any time you see Obama's mug pop up on the TV and start blathering about domestic policy, extend your middle finger and tell them to get back to his desk because that's not his job.

Also, On Topic: Rest in Peace Twinkie. According to the articles on it's demise people just weren't actually buying them, so even if hostess is bought up, the twinkie will likely not be featured on any future product lines.
    You are actually blaming this on the political issues and not a failed company who's product was not selling? They filed for bankruptcy in 2005 and the resulting restructuring failed. This is a company with a flawed business model, at some point the business has to take credit and not pass the blame.

You are blaming polotics for people not buying twinkies...

I will miss the twinkies... been enjoying them since I was a youngin back in the 70s.

Hostess has been going downhill for years. Multiple near bankruptcies, failing product lines, shrinking market. The Bakers Union may have put the nail in the coffin, but isn't this what conservatives want? Failing businesses to fail to make room for more successful ones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    Sometimes life gives you lemons, other times life gives you boobies. Life is always better with more boobies.
    Blizzard removed my subscription from WoD's features, it'll be added sometime later.
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Was in Target earlier, the entire Hostess section was completely empty.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

I don't care because I don't eat Twinkies, but I do care about those jobs lost.
    i7-5820K | ASUS X99- Deluxe | Crucial 2x8GB DDR4 2133MHz | eVGA GTX 760 SC | Crucial MX100 512GB | Crucial M500 240GB | Crucial m4 128GB | Western Digital Blue 1TB | Western Digital Black 1TB | SeaSonic X660 Gold
    ASUS MX239H | Schiit Stack Modi + Asgard 2 | Audio Technica ATH-AD700 | Presonus Eris E5 Studio Monitors | Blue Snowball Mic | Razer Death Adder | Corsair K70 | CyberPower 1500PFCLCD UPS

Yeah... I don't particularly care that Hostess is gone.

Wonderbread is like eating a sponge, twinkies haven't tasted good to me since I was in high school and their union is nothing but a bunch of whiners.

Pandaren Monk Silhouette of Seraphim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    union is nothing but a bunch of whiners.
    Just for the sheer sake of curiosity, do you actually know anything about it, or are you just pulling it out your ass?
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Just for the sheer sake of curiosity, do you actually know anything about it, or are you just pulling it out your ass?
    I've read some first hand reports.

Seems to me their primary complaint is that the company borrowed their pension fund contributions for a year and then declared bankruptcy. Unfortunately, that's exactly the risk you take when you lend money to someone. I'm not sure why the union contract even allowed such a thing.

As for complaining how many billions the company took in and "still couldn't be profitable" quote, that simply shows an incredible amount of ignorance when it comes to running a business.

Almost all I hear from them is how horrible it was that the company was trying to cut their pay. Yeah, it always sucks when you have to take a pay cut. But sometimes the company just can't afford what you're making. If it's that bad and your union can't help, then quit and move on. There's nothing to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzagzoom View Post
    Hers is an idea. Obama can bail out hostess and Michelle Obama can start making whole wheat, tofuwinkies with sprinkles of dehydrated kale, yummy!!!!!!
    Yeah, how dare that bitch try to encourage people to eat healthier! What does she think we are, a nation with an obesity epidemic?

Oh...
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

I would say good that it's less junk food to make people sick and fat but in reality something else will fill the market niche. I personally won't miss them. Besides, if you're in the mood for junk food that goes straight to your ass there's always Little Debbie's. At least that stuff actually tastes good.