Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Relative T14 bosses difficulty

Recently i've implemented one new feature, allowing to see guild tries set up in almost real time. This system aggregated some data and i've put it into charts. Charts conains only those data rows, which have 400+ characters to analyse (aggregator went out of Ru-Wow few days ago, so need to scan a lot for a first time):

Mogu'shan 10 normal

Mogu'shan 10 heroic

Mogu'shan 25 normal

Mogu'shan 25 heroic

The Stone Guard

Feng

Gara'jal

Spirit Kings

Elegon

Will of The Emperor

Heart of Fear 10 Normal

Heart of Fear 25 Normal

Heart of Fear 25 heroic

Zo'lok

Ta'yak

Garalon

Mel'jarak

Un'sok

Shek'zeer

You may check progressing set up like here: http://wowraider.ru/guilds/us/Illida...gressing%22%7D
    Last edited by hurricup; 2012-11-16 at 06:59 PM.

Yes, but what does it all mean Bazzle? Do the % indicate the point at which it was a wipe or a clear? I don't understand how the data is being presented.

*Edit* ah, I see now the descriptions at the bottom. So, new question. What do you draw from this? Keep in mind, these are the two "easier" raids of the tier.

GRAPHS! All the colored lines go up and to the right... this leads me to believe that things are happening....

Relative difficulty of bosses in raid and 25vs10 ppl content balance.
    And these graphs are only byproduct of set-up analyser.
    Last edited by hurricup; 2012-11-16 at 06:36 PM.

Interesting. The relative boss difficulty I see on your graphs squares with what I've been intuiting from the relative number of help-me threads. It's neat to see it the way you present it. I look forward to what results you get when more people have downed heroic HoF and done Terrace.

Thank you for these.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just to let you know, your Will of the Emperor data is missing. Where the chart should be is an Imperial Vizier chart.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Just to let you know, your Will of the Emperor data is missing. Where the chart should be is an Imperial Vizier chart.
    Thank you. Updated post.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakau View Post
    GRAPHS! All the colored lines go up and to the right... this leads me to believe that things are happening....
    The easier a boss is, the higher it's colored line will be on the graph.

For instance, his data seems to suggest that normal mode Amber-Shaper is easier on 25 man than on 10 man.
    Likewise, his data seems to suggest that normal mode Will of the Emperor is slightly easier on 10 man than on 25 man.
    Last edited by apinksquash; 2012-11-16 at 10:24 PM.
    Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by apinksquash View Post
    The easier a boss is, the higher it's colored line will be on the graph.

For instance, his data seems to suggest that normal mode Amber-Shaper is easier on 25 man than on 10 man.
    Likewise, his data seems to suggest that normal mode Will of the Emperor is slightly easier on 10 man than on 25 man.
    Brilliant explanation. Thanks.

Um I don't see anything - Firefox issues?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting. I would love to see more data like this for both later raids and these raids later in the teir.

Thanks for Collating this.

This data would be more useful if it only took into account like top 200 or top 300 guilds for each raid size and elminated outlayers.

Quote Originally Posted by hurricup View Post
    Relative difficulty of bosses in raid and 25vs10 ppl content balance.
    And these graphs are only byproduct of set-up analyser.
    It's an interesting way of setting it up. My biggest concern would be the differences in the sample pools.

Very interesting stuff, ty.

Obviously it leaves out any question of potential skill differences between the groups, but it's a clear indicator of which bosses people are finding more difficult & it is a strong suggestion that the balancing is fairly good on a pure wipes-to-progress level.

I'd like to see data for top100/1000 guilds, is that possible?

Interesting to see how 10 and 25 heroics are close

Is there anywhere where this data is posted that I can have access to? Or would you consider a feature where guilds could see/plot where they are located on the curves?

Awesome graphs!

The graphs for MV normal are fun. The data dramatically under-estimates the difficulty Will of the Emperor relative to the other bosses in the raid, because Elegon prevents weak raids from advancing until they're vastly over-geared.

Unfortunatelly Blizz decided to hide this data: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...41863?page=1#4

For now... I can render all aggregated data atm.

Are there really guides having 300(!) tries on heroic spirit kings for their first kill?