1. #1

    What's up with Scenarios?

    So I have recently come back to the game and I am very foggy on the whole scenario content idea. What are they for? I've done about 3 on my 90 but really haven't found that they are very useful for much of anything? Do you do scenarios regularly? If so what do you see the purpose of? Just curious and wanted to see some of your motivation for doing them.

  2. #2
    Quick and easy valor, achievements, and an alternate way to get heroic equivalent gear(chance)

  3. #3
    I think they give you a treasure chest with chances for loot. I did them all on a saturday for the title for doing them on a saturday...

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Gobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,914
    They are just fun IMO, i wasn't aware they gave some gold I normally don't like PvE, but scenarios are quite fun as they are nice and short:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line. Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

  5. #5
    The feedback Blizzard got from the first peek at the Theramore scenario was that players felt scenarios would be a good tool for storytelling, particularly getting the important details from the novels portrayed in game. The Theramore scenario didn't do a good job of that at all, but Blizzard had posted they had heard the feedback clearly in this regard.

    We'll see what that means in the future, but until then it's sort of the new "group quest" for valor and a chance for gear.
    "There is good and evil in this world; we must find the black and white in the gray."

  6. #6
    The first scenario gives you a blue 463 weapon. I've done a bunch of scenarios afterwards, and they didn't give me anything at all besides some gold.

    Guild mates also did try them out on the first days, but since they don't have any loot, there's just no incentive to run them more than once for shits and giggles.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    The first scenario gives you a blue 463 weapon. I've done a bunch of scenarios afterwards, and they didn't give me anything at all besides some gold.

    Guild mates also did try them out on the first days, but since they don't have any loot, there's just no incentive to run them more than once for shits and giggles.
    Arena gives a 450 blue weapon, and any other random scenario has a chance to give you a 463 blue.

  8. #8
    They are pretty good fun the first few times. Once you have seen them and acquired the achievements then i guess there is no pointing in doing them again. The chance of loot seems so small that farming them for gear would be far too time consuming.

  9. #9
    The one thing I don't get with scenarios, unless I'm missing something,
    Say level cap gets raised, unlike dungeons and raids that have a physical portal to enter, scenarios don't.
    So if level cap is raised and they don't raise they cap on the old scenarios (can't see they would as it would be old content by then)
    How are you spose to go back to them? Say you miss one achievement that for whatever reason you did not get, does that mean your forever locked out doing it?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    The one thing I don't get with scenarios, unless I'm missing something,
    Say level cap gets raised, unlike dungeons and raids that have a physical portal to enter, scenarios don't.
    So if level cap is raised and they don't raise they cap on the old scenarios (can't see they would as it would be old content by then)
    How are you spose to go back to them? Say you miss one achievement that for whatever reason you did not get, does that mean your forever locked out doing it?
    Or they just tweek the scenario UI to still show out leveled content.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Or they just tweek the scenario UI to still show out leveled content.
    Hope they do because it would be very odd to totally remove them from the game.

  12. #12
    The big problem that I see with Scenarios is that they aren't attached to the world. It doesn't feel natural. You are at Binan Village, and everything is fine. Then you queue, and everything is a mess.
    I would have loved if they made it like Rift (I think). You are at Binan Village, they suddendly you are phased and join a big group to save the place.

  13. #13
    There'll be more scenarios in 5.1, so we'll get to see how they refine the system from its initial launch. I'll admit, I do enjoy about a scenario every day or two, just cause they're easy quick Valor, chance at a shard (got Enchanting and no use for 463s). Biggest flaw = no removal/requeue system. HUGE oversight honestly. That and I can't stand running the Theramore one anymore. Done it too many times.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    There'll be more scenarios in 5.1, so we'll get to see how they refine the system from its initial launch. I'll admit, I do enjoy about a scenario every day or two, just cause they're easy quick Valor, chance at a shard (got Enchanting and no use for 463s). Biggest flaw = no removal/requeue system. HUGE oversight honestly. That and I can't stand running the Theramore one anymore. Done it too many times.
    Removal/reque is in 5.1 as I remember
    Back on topic, I like scenarios, unless its arena or theramore, still finish it because of the others can't find a replacement right now, but hate them two with a passion.
    Last edited by Mythicalfury; 2012-11-18 at 02:02 PM.

  15. #15
    Senerios replace the old group quests.

  16. #16
    Herald of the Titans Aqua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,579
    It's group quests in queue form.

    And to be honest it's a nice short stepping stone from Normal Dungeons to Heroics, you grab a few random pieces of stat-random hcilvl blues and get some nice replacement blues.

    And Occasionally I find a new group to interact with and at worst I don't have to talk at all, just do.
    Quote Originally Posted by savutitus View Post
    Yeah, it's always WAR WAR WAR untill..BY ALL THAT IS HOLY DO YOU SEE THAT ENEMY OVER THERE?? GLORIOUS LOOT!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •