Unable to get a fresh LFR

Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else, but I am a Mage and sometimes the ques for LFR can be upwards 15-20 minutes. Finally when I get a que its 1/3 or 2/3 and if I leave and wait for a fresh one I have to wait 20 minutes all over again. It happens on a consistent basis. I am always having to reque just to get the first or second boss down.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you take the queue and kill the boss(es) then the next time you queue you're almost guaranteed to get a fresh one.

I'm up to 25-30 queues with my hunter trying to get a fresh Heart of Fear raid. Often with queues repopping every minute or two. 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 2/6 . Every single queue is 2/6 and filled with people wiping endlessly on it.

Very very frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get LFR Smart Queue addon from curse. It will auto accept/decline queues that have a preset boss count that you specify. If it declines, it will auto requeue.

Amazing sig compliments of Alyajna!

I've been getting the same thing lately, with longer and longer que times. In the first couple weeks, longest I waited was 7 minutes. Last 2 weeks, I've been lucky to get in under 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    If you take the queue and kill the boss(es) then the next time you queue you're almost guaranteed to get a fresh one.
    Yes, but usually the groups are 1/6 or 2/6 because they are horrible. And even if you kill the boss, the 2nd guaranteed fresh run takes longer to que.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    I've been getting the same thing lately, with longer and longer que times. In the first couple weeks, longest I waited was 7 minutes. Last 2 weeks, I've been lucky to get in under 20.

Yes, but usually the groups are 1/6 or 2/6 because they are horrible. And even if you kill the boss, the 2nd guaranteed fresh run takes longer to que.
    This, this right here is the issue. If it's a group wiping on Will, they will likely never beat it because there's a fundamental issue and people will leave after every wipe. If there's a group wiping on garalon, chances are they are clueless and won't listen, meaning you're wasting your time again. If there's a group wiping on Empress, same thing. None of these are bosses people can wipe once, say "Ok, got it!" and then succeed next time. LFR in Cataclysm got very bad at the end too for this with Madness ques, those groups literally wiped for hours and never beat it. They need to add in a fresh que option, but reward people for not using it such as with extra VP, maybe an extra coin, something.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post

Groups are 2/6 because they had other people accept a 2/6 queue and then leave before the last boss, it in no way implies they are terribad, thats a perception.

Also, joining a 2/6 then requeuing for a fresh run is somehow slower than requeuing 86 times while posting on the forums about the lack of fresh runs?

So, do you guys just skip LFR for that week if you can't get a fresh queue? It's almost impossible to get a fresh one for HoF. No one seems to have trouble with Will anymore, though I took those 2/6 queues too.

I've never had an issue with joining partial groups. I have not left because of wipes once. The boss always dies in 5 wipes max. It's far more efficient to put in a few wipes, kick some bads, and lead the group to victory than it is to queue and decline endlessly. I really don't understand why you would do that. There is not a single good reason. Your next queue will almost certainly be fresh and then you can duck out when you get to the boss you already killed.

Sometimes you have to lay out some tactics and make some calls during combat. If people still screw up, start throwing out kicks. It's not difficult. People leave LFR for no discernible reason at all too; it's not always because of wipes. You could get a group that just one shots every boss.

Blizzard should just hide the number of bosses dead like they do for random dungeon queues. That would solve a lot of problems for people who can't apply some logic and investigate the way the queuing system actually works. It would speed up group refills and bring down queue times for the rest of us too.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-16 at 07:20 PM.

I lucked into a fresh 2nd half of HoF the other day, we one shot the first two bosses and about 12 people left before the empress. After waiting in the Q for 10 minutes and having people join just to pull, call us bads and leave we got two new tanks and one-shot the last boss.

I guess my point is, you are making it harder on yourself just assuming its a group of bads stuck in one spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Notho View Post
    I lucked into a fresh 2nd half of HoF the other day, we one shot the first two bosses and about 12 people left before the empress. After waiting in the Q for 10 minutes and having people join just to pull, call us bads and leave we got two new tanks and one-shot the last boss.

I guess my point is, you are making it harder on yourself just assuming its a group of bads stuck in one spot.
    Sounds almost like the group I had. We had a wipe on the first boss, 1-shot Ambershaper, and 10 people got their HoF achieve and left raid. They had obviously done the last boss already and just wanted to finish up the other bosses. We got some replacements and killed the Empress without drama.

I've joined plenty of 2/6 groups that were still on trash and haven't even done an attempt at the last boss yet in MV.

Just because the group is 2/6 doesn't mean that they're full of baddies and can't beat the boss. Typically I find the people who join at the last boss and start accusing the people there of being baddies are bigger problems than the people who were in the raid originally.

I don't bother if it's the first half of LFR. Wiped for a grand total of 4 and a half hours on Garalon because people didn't understand the concept of kiting. Even if you do it yourself you almost always end up with come clueless gimp that accidentally runs into you and fucks it all over completely.

Really do wtb a fresh run. I'd be happy for it to not award any VP and for them to double the standard queue. I'd much rather just get a fresh run to clear.

Deleted
    joining a 2/6 queue generally means they aint gonna down the final boss, not always but most of the time.

there have been a few exceptions. pre-nerf amber shaper in LFR, if you got 2/6 that night you were pretty certain it would go down else amber shaper would be still up)

Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    Not 100% guaranteed. I killed Garalon last weekend and hoped for this exact thing to happen. Instead I ended up getting 2/3 queues for the next 20 minutes before getting a fresh one.

LFR=Bummer