Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Feng HM way easier than I thought

We had done HM Stone Guard for 3 weeks but have been avoiding HM Feng while doing HoF progression. We went in last night and killed it in about an hour. It was ridiculously easy! I did a quick guide on the stuff we did to kill it.. just tips and tricks.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myapHNMo-pU -- if you guys do anything else to make it easy, let me know but we found this almost too easy for a HM fight. Get your farm on suckas.

Last edited by jfragment; 2012-11-15 at 04:32 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the video, we're planning on going to Feng on Thursday night - this will make a really nice supplement to the usual Fatboss tactics video.

That's the hope. I figure if I can save people from the little things that wiped us, then it's a win win. Go get em! We couldn't believe how easy it was. Easier than elegon for sure.

tryed it today after killing stoengaurds in 3 trys, spend about 1 hour on him and had t o give up as we didet have the aoe for the adds ;/ - but alsow used 3 healers gonna try it soonish with 2 healers

Deleted
    I'd recommend not using 2 healers, since Arcane Resonance and the the spear phase will hurt a lot. We killed Heroic Feng 27 days ago, that's a lot of gear ago as well and we managed with 3 healers. We never even considered only using 2, cause that would be just about impossible the way I see it.

Don't know about your setup but your dps either need to step it up when it comes to AoE on the adds or you might wanna consider a different setup with more AoE capable classes. AoE dps>Single target dps on this fight.

Here's a link to our kill video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Lj4AY1zktJU

The ads are more about control (any grips, push backs, stuns) than the DPS req. You'll get it. Just go to that phase first to practice with your team.. after 4-8 wipes on that part I bet your team will get what they need done with coordination..etc. I explain it here decently. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myap...feature=vmdshb

You want AoE... but only to an extent. You don't want a lock casting rain of fire or a druid just casting Hurricane, because while that is AoE, it's not the best way to do it. So while you do need to focus on AoE, make sure your raid members aren't just casting their base AoE ability because the fight calls for "AoE."

Deleted
    We killed feng on the 20th pull, about 3/4 of those were us pulling each phase separately several times to master it before attempting all 4 phases and a kill. I would recommend everyone try this as well during progress because it went incredibly smoothly. I believe 2 healing would not be an issue but no point outside of the challenge. Someone above mentioned not having the DPS for the add phase, we only had to kill the adds a single time with 4 sets spawning, the first set was removed with barrier, the second set was stunned, rooted, knockedback etc until barrier was off cooldown (use barrier as early as possible on the first set). the third set was AOE'd down while being stunned etc, and the 4th set was removed with barrier again. Extremely simple, we never took a full epicentre (I think two ticks per cast which wasn't stunned, so I believe 4 ticks total) and no damage whatsoever from draw flame either (barrier on first one, died before he could cast a second time).

Regarding epicentre, when you use barrier you might want to let the raid take a tick or two before using it, then you can heal up during immunity and receive a single tick when the barrier ends, I mention this because watching our kill video our tank used one much too early and the entire raid dropped to 10% after the immunity and it required some fast acting on the part of the healers.

We killed feng on the 20th pull, about 3/4 of those were us pulling each phase separately several times to master it before attempting all 4 phases and a kill. I would recommend everyone try this as well during progress because it went incredibly smoothly.
    Exactly this ^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Ninja View Post
    Someone above mentioned not having the DPS for the add phase, we only had to kill the adds a single time with 4 sets spawning, the first set was removed with barrier, the second set was stunned, rooted, knockedback etc until barrier was off cooldown (use barrier as early as possible on the first set). the third set was AOE'd down while being stunned etc, and the 4th set was removed with barrier again.
    I call BS. We had adds controlled but after some amount of time (around 25-30 seconds) they got sucked into shield while being ~25 yds away from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    I call BS. We had adds controlled but after some amount of time (around 25-30 seconds) they got sucked into shield while being ~25 yds away from it.
    No BS, that's how we do it too.
    If you use barrier on the first set right as it spawns, you only have to stun/slow the second set for 10-15s until barrier comes off cooldown. You kill the third set and can use barrier on the 4th as he said. Really easy that way.

We 2 healed it last night.. first kill, we spent a little time practicing every platform and when we started to do real attempts it went down pretty fast. That is the big advantage of that fight, you can start wherever you want, so you can practice if you struggle on one part.

Sadly I was the healer who went dps and telling them "it's not possible", but they made it look really easy.

The adds were really not an issue with a fury warrior, a frost dk, me as windwalker monk, a fire mage, a survival hunter and a boomkin.. every other wave I had my 5 secs stun and the hunter his binding shot, they barely had time to move anywhere that they got typhooned back to where they spawned. We even screwed up by using aoe cooldowns on one wave and we had no issue.

If it helps, there's our kill video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5XSKZcIiU8
    Last edited by Spotnick; 2012-11-15 at 08:04 AM.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysen View Post
    No BS, that's how we do it too.
    If you use barrier on the first set right as it spawns, you only have to stun/slow the second set for 10-15s until barrier comes off cooldown. You kill the third set and can use barrier on the 4th as he said. Really easy that way.
    It's not BS, we do it the same way as Lethora describes and it makes it a lot easier.

---------- Post added 2012-11-15 at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    We 2 healed it last night.. first kill, we spent a little time practicing every platform and when we started to do real attempts it went down pretty fast. That is the big advantage of that fight, you can start wherever you want, so you can practice if you struggle on one part.

Sadly I was the healer who went dps and telling them "it's not possible", but they made it look really easy.

The adds were really not an issue with a fury warrior, a frost dk, me as windwalker monk, a fire mage, a survival hunter and a boomkin.. every other wave I had my 5 secs stun and the hunter his binding shot, they barely had time to move anywhere that they got typhooned back to where they spawned. We even screwed up by using aoe cooldowns on one wave and we had no issue.

If it helps, there's our kill video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5XSKZcIiU8
    You must be fairly decent geared then, cause I clearly remember how the Arcane Resonance was really nasty - even with 3 healers. That said, you do have a Boomkin for the extra Tranq, so maybe it's fine to 2 heal it now.

All I can say is, that we still 3 heal it and that we don't have issues. I guess that if you have issues with adds and got someone who can off heal a bit during Arcane Resonance, it should be fine.

Deleted
    Could you please show me your Log Spotnick.

greetz gramla

Deleted
    Way to call it BS when that's how almost everyone does it...

Quote Originally Posted by Purrberry View Post
    You want AoE... but only to an extent. You don't want a lock casting rain of fire or a druid just casting Hurricane, because while that is AoE, it's not the best way to do it. So while you do need to focus on AoE, make sure your raid members aren't just casting their base AoE ability because the fight calls for "AoE."
    Why would you not use the best AoE spell for AoEing 10 adds? Granted it's a bit more subtle than just casting Hurricane, but the spell is not nearly as bad as it used to be in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he will pull them into the shield if the shield is still there.

That's why you cancel out all the shields but the third. You only need to kill the third wave of adds. All other adds just despawn as the shield will be gone.

The point is that, if the shield is there, the adds either reach it on their own, or they get sucked into it according to the timer. That's why you need to be quick during the wave of adds that you have to kill. If you take too long - even if you can keep them away from the shield - the game says "Nope, you're too slow, do more dps if you want to win this" and has the adds grabbed into the shield.
    The point is not to CC the adds until god knows when. You just keep them away from the shield until you can nullify the shield - or you kill them before they're grabbed.

Yes. It's an easy fight which gets even easier with more gear.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    Yes, he will pull them into the shield if the shield is still there.

That's why you cancel out all the shields but the third. You only need to kill the third wave of adds. All other adds just despawn as the shield will be gone.

The point is that, if the shield is there, the adds either reach it on their own, or they get sucked into it according to the timer. That's why you need to be quick during the wave of adds that you have to kill. If you take too long - even if you can keep them away from the shield - the game says "Nope, you're too slow, do more dps if you want to win this" and has the adds grabbed into the shield.
    The point is not to CC the adds until god knows when. You just keep them away from the shield until you can nullify the shield - or you kill them before they're grabbed.
    I will tell this to our druid tank who uses Nullifying crystal, thanks.
    I was always on spellstealing duty.

We also used to go with 3 healers on that fight, but yesterday we decided to try with 2. wasnt very hard at all. our hps was only around 3k higher, compared to going with 3 healers.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...m/healingDone/