Is this comp a good one, 'cause I'm about to buy it?

I've a good computer so far, but I'm trying to get a huge improvement these days, this is what I want to buy:

1.- EVGA 670 GTX 2GB
    2.- 8GB 1866mhz Corsair Vengeance
    3.- SSD Adata 128GB x 2 + Raptor 1TB WD
    4.- Mother Maximus V Gene Sockect 1155

My question is, are these good parts or u can recommend me a better ones, my budget is around $1100 dlls?

P.D: I want 3 hard drives' cause I plan to use Fraps to record on 1 SS, 1 to boot and 1 for storage.

Thanks in advance if someone answer this thread.

Good for what price? It's Amazing for 500$ but it's bad for 2000$ dollars.
    Last edited by Nab; 2012-11-16 at 06:49 PM.
    Playing since 2007.

I just want to know is its good or should I look for other parts, my budget it's only $1100 dlls, I already have and i5 K, power supply and case.

Deleted
    even for frapsing double ssd is overkill (just a WD black drive should do the trick), also raptor drive for storage you can save allot there. (unless you really need that 160mb/s average compared to +- 140 of a wd black drive)
    As for frapsing what CPU do you want to match with that board?
    What parts can you reuse , we need more info on what you want to do with the rig if you want solid advice. (fraps what? minecraft )

basicly specifics the more the better.

The parts themselves are pretty good and should run any game at high settings granted you are running 1080p.
    Playing since 2007.

Agreed with 2nd post... How much are you spending? microcenter and newegg are both good places to shop

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    even for frapsing double ssd is overkill (just a WD black drive should do the trick), also raptor drive for storage you can save allot there. (unless you really need that 160mb/s average compared to +- 140 of a wd black drive)
    As for frapsing what CPU do you want to match with that board?
    What parts can you reuse , we need more info on what you want to do with the rig if you want solid advice. (fraps what? minecraft )

basicly specifics the more the better.
    I'm a newbie in this computer stuff, a friend of mine always told me what to buy to get what I wanted, but now he is gone .

I´m going to sell my actual Motherboard, ram and video card, that's why I want to buy better replacements.

About fraps I'm a little bit clueless. I just read that I need it 1 hard drive to run the game and another for fraps, that's why I thought I'll need a 3rd one for storage.
    Last edited by Kiaranx; 2012-11-16 at 06:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiaranx View Post
    I'm a newbie in this computer stuff, a friend of mine always told me what to buy to get what I wanted, but now he is gone .

I have gonna sell my actual Motherboard, ram and video card, that's why I want to buy better replacements.

About fraps I'm a little bit clueless. I just read that I need it 1 hard drive to run the game and another for fraps, that's why I thought I'll need a 3rd one for storage.
    np lets see what we can make of it.
    any chance you know the exact type of cpu? (i5 k can be many things, guessing i5-2500k but not sure)
    also can you check the power supply for how many "W" and what brand ?

15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest waste of money is to buy a solid state to record fraps footage on. All you need is a 5400RPM internal drive for the most part. Get one SSD for boot/programs, 1 mechanical for fraps, 1 mechanical for storage
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($26.29 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($95.14 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Green 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($134.95 @ B&H)
    Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($103.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($369.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $855.35
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-11-16 14:11 EST-0500)

this is what i've found so far

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    The biggest waste of money is to buy a solid state to record fraps footage on. All you need is a 5400RPM internal drive for the most part. Get one SSD for boot/programs, 1 mechanical for fraps, 1 mechanical for storage
    You do not Fraps on a 5400 RPM drive...the data loss will be horrific. Consequently buying an SSD to Fraps does not say to be recorded on, thus making your assumption all be it usually accurate still incorrect. If say you had a 1tb 7200 RPM drive and wanted to record better buying an SSD for your O.S would still be equivalent to buying an SSD to Fraps. Further more if you have the money writing to an SSD will definitely give better transfer but kill the SSD much faster for now.

@op for intel cpu's anything above 1333Mhz is not worth the extra dollars.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-11-16 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I record on a 5400RPM HDD, the quality is just as good as when I record onto my 7200RPM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    np lets see what we can make of it.
    any chance you know the exact type of cpu? (i5 k can be many things, guessing i5-2500k but not sure)
    also can you check the power supply for how many "W" and what brand ?
    Yes is the i5-2500k, my power supply is a Corsair 950W Enthusiast Series

---------- Post added 2012-11-16 at 07:22 PM ----------

Can I ask u guys also something, are 8GB ram, enough to play games like WOW, GW2 and mmo's in general, 'cause thats almost all I play.

Deleted
    8gb is more then fine for that.
    also did you check the list? (not sure if you needed cpu cooler aswell so i just picked a good budget one, disregard if not needed)

@synthaxx actually no a 5400 rpm is not sufficient for 1920x1080 recording at all, unless you have an discrete and expensive capturing device w/ onboard encoding.

I don't see why you need to replace the MB and RAM.

If anything, spend all your bank on a graphics card, 1 SSD + 1 HDD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    I don't see why you need to replace the MB and RAM.

If anything, spend all your bank on a graphics card, 1 SSD + 1 HDD.
    first sentence true but we don't have to question that tbh.
    maybe his mobo is a limiting factor in getting the extra drives or supporting of certain fuctions like oc'ing (we don't know but im guessing there is a reason for it)
    second one is a bad idea because the gain will be very little.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, don't listen to Milkshake, he has no idea what he's talking about.

_
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory