View Poll Results: You are offered 3 free epics. How many do you take?

Voters
304. This poll is closed
  • 0. I want to earn my own gear.

28 9.21%
  • 1. A free major upgrade is too good to pass up.

39 12.83%
  • 2. I take upgrades from where I can get them.

48 15.79%
  • 3. Free is free.

189 62.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    Having my raid leader offer to make me the crafted 472 chest and gloves so that I can perform even better in raids is technically free epics, but didn't feel like cheating to me. :P

We like to help each other.
    Well in a guild you help eachother out. You give some you get some.

This I see as a lurky guy luring me into a dark alley to give me a free epic for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Razamith View Post
    You are offered 3 free epics.

The first is a major upgrade.
    The second is a minor upgrade.
    The third is not an upgrade or a sidegrade at best.

How many do you take?
    None! when I was in Cataclysm myself and my Guild worked for everything we got, be it crafting to get starter gear to get heroic gear to end raid content gear. You appreciate your gear when you strive for it. It means something.

A lot of people screamed and screamed and Blizzard responded by giving away gear because the player base would shut out players from even being allowed to run to get the gear. Angry at free epic hand outs go punch the community at large, in the mouth. It was the ones shutting out players from even being able to try that caused this situation and LFR to happen; in the first place.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-16 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Fairly certain those who chose: I want to earn my own gear, thought the poll was one where you could see who had voted what and didn't want to ruin their illusion of being hardcore.
    Nope, i for one see no point if i get everything for free in a split second. Why do i even play the game if i get the final rewards at once :P?

It's not a big enough incentive to tempt me into resubscribing, so assuming I have to log in to get them, and this is even if I actually cared, I'll take 0.

Deleted
    Gimme Gimme Gimme!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With my abysmally shit-tastic luck, I'll take upgrades where I can get them. I went all of ToC/ToGC and 10/11 heroic of ICC before I saw a Solace of the Fallen drop, and then I saw two of them in back to back weeks. Not proud to say this, but tears were shed. Manly, manly tears.

But yeah, major upgrade, minor upgrade and side grade? I'll take all three with bells and whistles on and I'll even say thank you.

Why would I pass on free stuff, take it all

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Let's make it more interesting - one of them carries a terrible curse!
    And a free Frogurt

(the Frogurt is also cursed)
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Rather pointless thread seems rather pointless. Care to enlighten us in its purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Rather pointless thread seems rather pointless. Care to enlighten us in its purpose?
    I'd say he seems to be curious about the mentality and morality of the general WoW playing forum population.

Deleted
    while i think epics should be earned, i would never turn down free epics.

why would you?

thats why i dont mind "welfare epics" , as long epics you earn are better then them (preferable by quite a margin)

Not really the best poll honestly. You know it's going to be very one sided. You're offered free stuff, of course the majority would take it. lol

Deleted
    I enjoy playing my class. The bigger the numbers the more fun it makes. I don't care where the items are coming from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like mounts! One is a very rare mount, another is a not-quite-so rare mount, and the third is a common mount. All 3 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Nope, i for one see no point if i get everything for free in a split second. Why do i even play the game if i get the final rewards at once :P?
    You're right I missed the part of the thread where it stated all the items were BiS heroic and instead of 3 pieces you received 17. Please it's so funny seeing you trying to look the part of a hardcore when even then they'd take it if it meant they could down something faster to get even more rewards. You are aware the point of most MMO's is character progression right?

Deleted
    I'd say he seems to be curious about the mentality and morality of the general WoW playing forum population.
    But that doesn't make any sense. If epics were given at expense of another player not getting upgrade, that would qualify for mentality/morality check.

But in this case he didn't list any drawbacks of not getting all 3 epics. So its free and there is no downside for anyone to taking all 3. Poll is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    take all , disenchant useless stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    But that doesn't make any sense. If epics were given at expense of another player not getting upgrade, that would qualify for mentality/morality check.

But in this case he didn't list any drawbacks of not getting all 3 epics. So its free and there is no downside for anyone to taking all 3. Poll is pointless.
    It does though, because it's a check of exactly how greedy the average WoW player is and if they take into account the fact that they're not earning their gear, they're taking something that might have been hacked from others, they're taking something that might be shady, etc etc.

There was a lot left unsaid but it's between the lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Let's make it more interesting - one of them carries a terrible curse!
    Ofc it's the non-upgrade one.

Because everyone would take Corrupted Ashbringer, which does in fact have a curse that reduces your stamina. :P
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

It does though, because it's a check of exactly how greedy the average WoW player is and if they take into account the fact that they're not earning their gear, they're taking something that might have been hacked from others, they're taking something that might be shady, etc etc.

There was a lot left unsaid but it's between the lines.
    I'm sorry what? I wasn't aware the OP was a sock puppet of yours.