Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    Meh, can't take such a list seriously from CNN. CNN never has anything to do with video games anyways.

Also, they are obviously just listing video game franchises because they don't know shit about the actual games in the series. The original Metroid over ANY of the future Metroid games? The original Metroid is the weakest game in the series. Oh wait, Metroid Prime is actually there, but it's on the 76th place, so that's waaaay behind the original Metroid, which Prime undoubtedly and unarguably pummels to death.

The Oregon Trail? A quick google showed it up as an educational game. Now I know quite a lot about video game history, but I've never heard of this one making any kind of impact, especially not compared to Donkey Kong and The Legend of Zelda. Either I just failed on Video Game history, or it's a piss poor attempt to make people play an educational game.

Anyways, not a good list. They don't know anything about the series they're talking about. There are a few exceptions like Diablo II and not just calling it Diablo, but then there's stuff like Mega Man. Could they be any more unspecific? Mega Man has so many fucking games, and the first one of them isn't even the revolutionizing one of them, that'd be Mega Man II. Seems like it's an article made just to gather readers.
    Many people have heard of Oregon Trail. It's really just you.

I don't think I know even 2/3rds of these games.

35 Solitaire
    36 World of Warcraft

Wont lie...i LOL'd.

glad to see resident evil on there big fan of the games spent so many hours playing them

10 Mass Effect 3
    36 World of Warcraft
    Wait... WHAT?

Mass Effect 3 was a good game. Perhaps even a great game if you can stomach the ending. It is not, by any definition of the phrase, one of the best games ever. Not even close. Hell, it's not even the best game in it's own trilogy (that honor goes to the first game).

Also, WoW should be much higher. I know it's much maligned outside of it's community, but it's still one of the most imitated, most successful, and most ambitious games ever made.

Mortal Kombat > SF II????? Oh boy...

Super Mario 64, Tetris, Mario Kart, World of Warcraft, and Street Fighter are my definitive Top 5 Games of All The Times.

51. Angry Birds ...

No Heroes of might and magic 3 + expansions or Heroes of might and magic 2. They have given countless hours of joy through the years!!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post

No other title in the Zelda franchise will EVER come close to the original.
    The first game was garbage compared to each successor. You can only take nostalgia so far.

Mass Effect 3 at number 10? I laughed, and then I stopped and felt a bit sad, but then i laughed some more!

if not for the ending mass effect 3 may have belonged near the bottom of the list. but SO many games missing from that list and the order seems to be completely missmatched

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Where's BG2?
    I'm so glad this was the first reply to this thread. It was the first thing I thought when I read the list, too.

i feel like this list was generated by polling abunch of 55 year old dudes. lol pac man number one and solitaire is number 21? yea ok. nostalgia is a hell of a drug lol

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Where is Duke nukem? Where is C&C games? (and no dune doesnt count as C&C)

This list fells bribed!

Also junk games:
    The Oregon Trail, Breakout, Punch-Out!!, Solitaire, Tecmo Bowl, Wii Sports, Desktop Tower Defense, Flower, Hunt the Wumpus (those dont desere too be called games at all)
    I'm guessing you are very young, because anyone 25+ would never say such blasphemy about Tecmo Bowl and Oregon Trail. EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

I stopped reading at Mass Effect 3 at position 10.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

games today are made to profit
    games 20 years ago were made to alleviate boredom

you can't compare the 2 types of games because today's games aren't meant to stand the test of time. they're meant to last a month

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    No other title in the Zelda franchise will EVER come close to the original.
    I strongly disagree. The original laid the foundation and set the scene, but A Link to the Past is superior in every way. So many things that are now considered classic Zelda staples originated in that game. I find it much more fun to play now than the original, and I think that if a game is still fun to play, that's what makes it great, not just nostalgia.

Mechagnome
    Oregon Trail 4th? I remember playing that game as a child and it sucked!
    The entire list is just ridiculous anyway, I mean Wii Sports, seriously?
    So yeah until they hire some people whom actually know their games I won't be taking this list serious.

>>TheBlockyFour<<
    Als je Nederlands bent klik dan zeker!

Looks more like a 'Most important games of all time' list than the greatest games. Even then there's some questionable entries (what is Mass Effect 3 doing so high up?).

To all the people complaining about solitaire on the list, you have to take into consideration that it remains the 'only' game I have ever seen my father and uncle play. I'm sure this would be the same for many other households.
    "Video games only exist, so that idiots have something to be good at" - Joe Hildebrand

Defender was an abomination of a shooter game, buggy as hell but at least it loaded quickly...? Kronos was a far better example of the genre.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght