Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    League of legends has been bigger than sc for about a year
    Two different game styles.
    Also pointless to add any sort of game vs game post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect 3 being in the list is just ridiculous in my opinion, I wouldn't put any Mass Effect on there personally but #1 would be above #3 in every way (I dont hate ME3 and I enjoy the series but in the grand scheme of gaming it's nowhere near the top 100 let alone top 10).
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

As usual Golden Eye gets mentioned even though Perfect Dark was superior in every single way, a straight upgrade that made Golden Eye look like junk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    As usual Golden Eye gets mentioned even though Perfect Dark was superior in every single way, a straight upgrade that made Golden Eye look like junk.
    I was never a fan of GoldenEye myself but wasn't there about 4 years between its release and Perfect Dark? Deus Ex was better than them both and is listed far below GoldenEye as well.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

This kind of ranking makes me question their ideals. What constitutes being one of the greatest games of all time? Nostalgia? Impact on gaming as a whole? The list has an abysmal introduction and goes on to list games that haven't been relevant in the past decade or longer. Furthermore, the biggest problem is that there's no relation between the choices. I love top 10's and I am all for going through a list of a top 100, but there is no logical way that Pong and Mass Effect 3 end up on the same list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    Mass Effect 3 is the only game from the past 12 years in the Top 20.

Have fun with that knowledge, Internet and MMO-Champion denizens.

(Personally love the game, but I know there's still a lot of haters of the game out there)
    Well I love the game too, but the fact that ME3 is alone for the top 20, for games under 12 years old, shows that they're seriously missing some amazing games. Half Life, Deus Ex HR, Dragon Age, the other two Mass Effects, come to mind.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    No Kingdom Hearts? No Tales of Symphonia? No Pokemon?!

/flip table
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    No Pokemon?!

/flip table
    I don't even like Pokemon and I think it should have been on the list.

There are soooo many truly great games missing from that list. Why Pong? Why not Computer Space or Tennis for Two from the late 1950's?!?!?

Their article should have been "Top 100 games that most people will have heard of"
    Last edited by Rooflesstoofless; 2012-11-17 at 05:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Their article should have been "Top 100 games that most people will have heard of"
    While I agree this is pretty much what it is, still surprised pokemon isn't on there atall...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    seems based more on popularity and nostalgia than game quality,
    so naturally the games everyone's heard of are at the top, while the more niche titles linger in obscurity

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna go choke Ted Turner.
    Men!

I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mass Effect is far superior to 2 and 3.
    Angry Birds shouldn't even be on there.
    Everything else seems ok though, I couldnt see myself making a list like that though, too many decisions.

You'd have to have been born before ~ 1990 to have heard of Orgeon Trail. I'd assume that most of us who grew up playing it though are comfortable with it's place on that list. I spent countless hours playing it.
    Just becuase it was one of the only games around at that time does not make it one of the greatest games of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stiff's in suits picking video games yeah whatever
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Just becuase it was one of the only games around at that time does not make it one of the greatest games of all time.
    Considering my game always ended with snake bites, no, it certainly was not great.
    Men!

10+ Year Old Account
    TIME/CNN confirmed for shit taste.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of places where the list from the OP does not match with the list on the site :O or i am missing something.
    Besides that point i really feel some spots are filled in poorly and some games are missing from the list. I guess the list never will be perfect especially with a list as large as 100.
    If it was a top 10/5 list this would be so much easier to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they should just put ET game in that list. It was soooooooo bad that i quit it in first 3 min of playing. (yes it made a impact as the greatest worst video game ever and also promote a bad quality games in future)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

it seems like they think nostalgia is what makes games great. pac-man is the greatest game of all time? seriously? come on.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

where is fallout 1 and 2 i mean come on, watching that vault roll back for the first time. hell even the 2 new ones are pretty sweet.where is any might and magic/M&M heroes, or C&C game (NOT C&C4...i don't consider that a real game, let alone a C&C game). half life and its countless spin offs (Day of defeat [which i just bought on source/steam woot!]blue shift, TFC, CS etc)
    BTW, Oregon Trail...come on...pretty fun game givin its limitations for the time, there is even an android app! though im not sure how it stacks up to the original.
    props to Grim Fandango...that game was pretty fun

also. if your gonna put Myth on at the bottom. why wouldn't you just put the total codex..the whole story is actually pretty fun and challenging
    Last edited by KOMO1211; 2012-11-17 at 10:19 AM.